Liquifiedcactus - Ban Request [Demotion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread may be closed , check reason at the bottom of the comment section

Your Steam/In-game Name: Redblaster100 ; Falcon Bharash

His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Liquifiedcactus ; Ben Cactus

His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:0:4327022

Reason: I recieved some information on this guy breaking In-game rules. Didn't think of it that much at the time, until I saw him breaking them myself. In an attempt to pull over his vehicle for a traffic routine, after having a radio message saying he had been spotted earlier while speeding etc (no reason for said crime was found or given). My attempt to pull him over fails and he decides to take off which results in a high speed chase around the country houses area. This goes on for a good while because turns out, he is a damn good driver.

I end up being forced to call in several patrol cars in order to catch him. Now, if I am in any way, shape or form misinterpretating this , or blaming you of this wrongly please feel free to inform me. But as far as I know some rules were broken.

1: taking off in a high speed chase while an officer simply tries to pull you over to ask some questions about an earlier event
2: you continued to drive past corners , and then take off in the oposite direction which seems like an attempt to troll. (although this is a personal opinion)
3: when you finally crash your car , you hop in a vehicle driving by and take off with said driver once again.

At this point I decided to give up the chase , as this was becomming quite frustrating. I have the demo's to strenghten my claim, however I am currently experiencing garry's mod issues and thus can not link them here.

If an admin requests to see them before making furthur comment , i'll be happy to provide said demos.

NOTE : My personal opinion on the matter is that people who are 'in charge' of things , with the role as admin , moderater , etc. , .. should not be allowed to do things like this and get away with it. Therefor instead of a ban I would like to suggest (if it turns out my claims are true) taking away his position as admin / moderator.

Evidence: http://demo.ovh.eu/nl/374e530623f9c998533b2c48b7340024/

It goes on for quite some time , you can see where about it ends as his car ends up crashing down near the hospital.

Ticks : 31290
Time : 15:45

After analysing the demo furthur , note how Cactus decides to 'donut' around the place in the early duration of the chase , which is also quite unrealstic.

I am getting quite a few comments from people quoting a specific statement example : driving past corners and heading the oposite direction' and critizing that specific statement. Please note that those statements are personal opinion , and the post is about much more than that. The fact he took off when we attempt to pull him over casually , is something players have been punished for in the past. The fact he hops into another car after he crashes his own , is something players have been punished for.

I appreciate everyone commenting , but please try to respond to the post as a whole , rather than picking a specific sentence and giving critique on said sentence.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

Reaction score
1: The player may attempt to escape due to them being wanted for large things then you had originally assume, for example he could have murdered someone and believe the police may still be looking for him.
2: People do weird and wonderful things in this world, including turning around mid police chase for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYbu5DJA1U
3:I actually witnessed this part of the chase and saw another player driving a lambo (Forgot there name) and told Cactus to enter the car (He was around 25M away from the nearest police officer so he had a realistic chance to escape, and he did.

Im not saying any of my above statements are correct as there are currently no rules regarding these things its basically all classed under failrp.

Alex_:D said:
1: The player may attempt to escape due to them being wanted for large things then you had originally assume, for example he could have murdered someone and believe the police may still be looking for him.
2: People do weird and wonderful things in this world, including turning around mid police chase for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYbu5DJA1U
3:I actually witnessed this part of the chase and saw another player driving a lambo (Forgot there name) and told Cactus to enter the car (He was around 25M away from the nearest police officer so he had a realistic chance to escape, and he did.

Im not saying any of my above statements are correct as there are currently no rules regarding these things its basically all classed under failrp.
I appreciate your comment , I still regard his actions as Failrp. As a response

1 : If that is so , then why have I and many others been told of for taking off when trying to be pulled over in a casual manner. No one ever asked me if I did any serious crimes in the past etc , same rules for everyone I'd say , admin or not.

2 : People do weird things yes , but this is and remains a roleplay game and if we were to accept that statement , I could give you a list of things people have been banned for in the past , for example robbing a shop , mugging in the city , or pulling guns on officers who oppose no immediate threat. These are all things that can happen in the world , because and I quote , People do weird and wonderful things. But due to the fact this is a game , and not real life. There are limitations.

In my eyes, this can't be justified. Rules were broken , and something , in my opinion , must be done about it. Wether people have admin powers or not , the rules should be respected by everyone , and people should not be allowed to act / punish over a conflict , if they can't stick to the very rules they are trying to uphold.

Reaction score

Okay, I respect your opinion, the rules are in the process of being re-written I'm sure rules for this type of situation will be brought into effect shortly. I don't really have anything else to say about this as failrp is mostly just opinion I quote 'Responding to situations in a manner that is not realistically how someone would IRL.' So if you don't feel its realistic to escape the cops in this manner is basically your opinion.

I agree , it is my opinion. But please note that people have been punished and or banned for this very reason. People get punished for 'failrp' which is , as you state in the end , a personal opinion.

I merely believe in the idea that everyone should get punished for it , both players and admins alike.

Reaction score

Alex ; if the second statement you made is to be taken seriously ; then you're essentially saying I can enter any public area and start shooting at random , cuz in real life there are things like school shootings or people discharging guns in public for no approriate reason.

Rules also prohibit us from abusing our powers as a chief , or being corrupt as officers. Mate the police irl and politics and individuals with powers , abuse said powers constantly , the poilice has never been more corrupt as it is now.

I believe that the second statement you posted , doesn't make much sense.

But thank you for taking the time to check the Ban request.

Reaction score

'then you're essentially saying I can enter any public area and start shooting at random' There are rules against this, im simply saying that there are no rules against turning around mid police chase, and if you believe its failrp its all just personal opinion =)

Reaction score

Imagen if I agree with that statement , the fact he turned about mid police chase and seemed to be trolling isn't the main reason he was requested ti be demoted. note the (this is a personal opinion) message in the original post.

Even if we were to neglect the odd behaviour of the driver (for example donutting around a police car etc etc as you'll see in the demo) there are still plenty of charges against him that can be considered fail rp

wether it is personal opinion or not , people have been punished for doing what he did , this makes me conclude that cactus also , should get punished accordingly =)

Reaction score
The demo also proves that the man has a gun pointed torwards him at a red light. Directly when he sees this he back off and leaves. Later on the person speeded inside the city which is a crowded area which means he's failrping.

Reaction score
The statement about him turning around mid chase is a strategy to slow the cops down as they do not know what is going to happen next thus the police have to turn round after the suspect has therefor its easier to escape because you have more time, In my opinion the 2nd statement is not a troll and is a strategy as stated.

Max said:
The statement about him turning around mid chase is a strategy to slow the cops down as they do not know what is going to happen next thus the police have to turn round after the suspect has therefor its easier to escape because you have more time, In my opinion the 2nd statement is not a troll and is a strategy as stated.
Thanks for your comment and taking the time to read the post.

The person in question has broken no immediate rules , I fully understand that. The only thing I'm trying to get to people's attention is that admins , enforcers and all alike should respect FailRp aswell. As Alex pointed out earlier , Failrp mostly comes down to personal opinion , but when I look at the demo or I think of the actual chase , the entire thing didn't make much sense to me. Taking off at random like that , and everything that happened afterwards.

All I'm trying to say with this post is that a lot of people tend to fail rp. I have problems with people performing fail rp every single day. If that is going to change , best way to do it is by admins and all other enforce positions , giving the example. Which is why I believe they also, should be 'told off' if you will for matters normal players tend to get punished for.

If the admin team finds it more appropriate to close this thread down , feel free to do so. As I personally hold nothing against the admin mentioned in the post.
I was merely trying to make the point , that I believe admins , enforcers etc.. should get treated just like anyone else , when breaking rules.
I understand that the rules that were , or were in this case , not broken (up for debate i suppose) aren't reason enough to ban and or demote.

Once again , feel free to close the thread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.