Loading bar for seizing items as police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Create a 3-4 second loading bar when seizing items with ability to cancel

Why should this be added? (pros): No ninja-confiscating
Ability to cancel it in mistake
This is better than a prompt with yes/no which is the alternative idea people have suggested
A more realistic time to seize, real standards are to 'bag & tag' on scene otherwise can be rejected forensically

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Increased time for seizing items

*Other additions:
Edit: Create a log in police computer for every item seized?

Edit 2: Property management system in the police computer where items are held automatically for 24 hrs before being destroyed, can be authorised for earlier destruction by a Sergeant+ or authorised for release back to owner by Sergeant+, log this to prevent abuse

MsUVvOv.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
  • Staff
Additional idea is to create a new log in the police computer when an item is seized

Reaction score
Additional idea is to create a new log in the police computer when an item is seized
Was about to suggest this, Should work like this;
Where it was confiscated
When it was confiscated
Who confiscated it
Who it belonged to

Reaction score
I feel that most of the mistakenly confiscated items are items that the officer believed should be confiscated at the time, such as an officer accidentally confiscating a defender's weapon rather than a raider's, in which case a loading bar wouldn't help much.

I think a better idea would be an evidence locker or button in the armoury for example, where an officer after the fact can retrieve confiscated weapons to return to the person that previously owned them. However this of course could be abused.

Alternatively, the system could be changed so that when an officer confiscates a weapon, they receive a "Confiscated *item*" for example, and the item would have to be turned into the PD. This way, if an officer accidentally confiscates the wrong item, they would be able to return it immediately to the person.

This system could also benefit criminals, as it can be made so that if an officer confiscates a weapon in a shootout and is then killed, the weapon could be dropped and regained by the criminal, and could also partially remove the need for 3.30, as it won't matter if guns are confiscated in a situation where the officer is outnumbered or at odds of losing a raid, as if they do lose the item will be dropped anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really like this idea and I feel like it would not only give a little more realism (lol) but also combat people confiscating weapons and drugs before they are supposed to. But it wouldn’t do that job perfectly.

I think an addition to this suggestion is necessary along side the loading bar. All items to be confiscated must be taken back to a police vehicle, then, using a SWEP similar to the body disposal one for Paramedics, the weapons can be “confiscated” into the trunk. Here is where the loading bar would be. This would allow Officers to confiscate weapons that pose a high risk, but still allow defenders to get their weapons back should someone come assist them.

Reaction score
I really like this idea and I feel like it would not only give a little more realism (lol) but also combat people confiscating weapons and drugs before they are supposed to. But it wouldn’t do that job perfectly.

I think an addition to this suggestion is necessary along side the loading bar. All items to be confiscated must be taken back to a police vehicle, then, using a SWEP similar to the body disposal one for Paramedics, the weapons can be “confiscated” into the trunk. Here is where the loading bar would be. This would allow Officers to confiscate weapons that pose a high risk, but still allow defenders to get their weapons back should someone come assist them.
The car bit I would find a bit too realistic, especially when there's a high volume of them, I would suggest perhaps the Police van or the cars can give Bags which you confiscate them with, then take them to PD

Reaction score
The car bit I would find a bit too realistic, especially when there's a high volume of them, I would suggest perhaps the Police van or the cars can give Bags which you confiscate them with, then take them to PD
I was considering making it only the police van, however this would be a big problem when there isn’t one around and cops can’t confiscate.
However I do think a compromise could work, although I’m not sure. Curious to see what other people think about changing confiscation as a whole

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I feel that most of the mistakenly confiscated items are items that the officer believed should be confiscated at the time, such as an officer accidentally confiscating a defender's weapon rather than a raider's, in which case a loading bar wouldn't help much.

I think a better idea would be an evidence locker or button in the armoury for example, where an officer after the fact can retrieve confiscated weapons to return to the person that previously owned them. However this of course could be abused.

Alternatively, the system could be changed so that when an officer confiscates a weapon, they receive a "Confiscated *item*" for example, and the item would have to be turned into the PD. This way, if an officer accidentally confiscates the wrong item, they would be able to return it immediately to the person.

This system could also benefit criminals, as it can be made so that if an officer confiscates a weapon in a shootout and is then killed, the weapon could be dropped and regained by the criminal, and could also partially remove the need for 3.30, as it won't matter if guns are confiscated in a situation where the officer is outnumbered or at odds of losing a raid, as if they do lose the item will be dropped anyway.
now this is big brain

Status
Not open for further replies.