(LONG POST) I had to say this, Perp shouldn't die.

Reaction score
There is one thing I dislike about PERP which is ruining a lot of the fun:

2.5 Excessive Negativity
Generally speaking, players are not allowed to excessively negatively affect the experiences of other players while playing on the server. For example intentionally mugging and targeting new players, destroying a number of valuable items in a store should only be done under certain circumstances, and more so as a last resort; specifically, reasons such as product prices, a ‘basic’ distaste towards someone within the store, grossly disproportionate methods to quell competition, etc, are not typically acceptable.

This rule is vague and horrifically over-enforced. People get salty about getting a couple of their guns and weed nicked and instantly report people for being "excessively negative"

It was better when you could still get gunned down for calling someone a faggot.

Reaction score
1) If you hate someone on the server because they are being a dick to you or have done things to you INGAME, don't try to get them banned. Raid THEM 20 times, bomb them 20 times, call them names. I don't care how you handle it but it shouldn't be done by wasting the days or even months of time they put into the server.

AR's exist for a reason. While I do agree that you shouldn't become a salt-filled creature if someone breaks a rule against you, but it honestly depends on the severity of it. Making an AR is player discretion, it's up to you whether you think they deserve a punishment for the actions they've done. For example, if someone's insulting me in OOC and calling me names, I honestly wouldn't care, it's a game and they got mad, we all have. But, if that person decides to escalate the situation and do something such as molotov my bazaar shop with thousands of dollars worth of guns, or car bomb me for no good reason, I think that's a line they've crossed and deserve punishment for it if they can't keep their anger in check. These are just some examples, again, player-discretion.

2) Admins ARE biased, we still are humans we all have a heart if I were to be admin and got a demo of my best bud in the server breaking the rules, I too would find an excuse to not get them permed. Which could be avoided if people didn't get gigantic bans.

I agree that some staff are biased, that's just how people are. But, would you try and make an excuse for your friend that decided to shoot people on the streets or hacked? No, you wouldn't do anything to protect them from a permaban, as in most cases they have to do something so severe they shouldn't be allowed to play again. If you did, you would look desperate and weak as a staff member - a role model. But I do see where you are coming from, no one wants to lose a good friend.

) The gigantic bans, If you are a troll and ruin the server you DESERVE a perm ban. Someone that loves to play on the server that made a mistake does NOT DESERVE a perm ban. The community, us, would have been so much bigger and more enjoyable if you knew that if you fucked up, that you wouldn't get a gigantic ban for it or even losing it all.

There have to be punishments so you don't ruin other people's experiences, but I do agree that sometimes people don't deserve bans for making mistakes, for example, I shot at Tom Hill at regals when I was at the bridge because it looked like he was holding a gun and pointing it at me, which apparently was not the case. As a result I got banned. But you learn from your mistakes. I'm sure there are plenty of other situations people have gone through with similar results but this is just an experience of mine I wanted to compare. Taking away game time for someone making a mistake doesn't seem ideal, but if it's something they are doing consistently, and not learning from it, they should be punished so they can reflect on their actions and know not to do it again.

4) Remember to have FUN, it is still a game, no matter how serious it is.

That is the point of a game, unfortunately, people just become angry when someone insults them or just mistakenly do something against them in game, in which they will take any opportunity they have and try and punish that person.

. We could be a bitch to everyone and let it die, or try to make it the best time we have ever had on a game. I know which I would choose.

Right now I just think the server needs more variety in the way people make money and interact. The only real way of making money is by growing drugs; just sitting inside your base for hours on a day waiting to replant and redo for another week for that one car, that and selling guns. But I guarantee if we had new, interesting ways of making profit, we would bring in more players and the community would start enjoying itself more. I'd be glad to hear feedback on my opinions.

Reaction score
Toxic behavior begins when u get reported.
Stop reporting eachother.
Handle it in game.
Only the weak who cant shoot report the people who keep raiding you and then you become enraged which ends up you being toxic.
Stop reporting the people who raid you.

EDIT: Also like half the server aint gonna read my shit post
Aswell as the thread because nobody likes change/dont read things that are too long.

Reaction score
AR's exist for a reason. While I do agree that you shouldn't become a salt-filled creature if someone breaks a rule against you, but it honestly depends on the severity of it. Making an AR is player discretion, it's up to you whether you think they deserve a punishment for the actions they've done. For example, if someone's insulting me in OOC and calling me names, I honestly wouldn't care, it's a game and they got mad, we all have. But, if that person decides to escalate the situation and do something such as molotov my bazaar shop with thousands of dollars worth of guns, or car bomb me for no good reason, I think that's a line they've crossed and deserve punishment for it if they can't keep their anger in check. These are just some examples, again, player-discretion.
I totally agree with the fact that AR's exist for a reason. But its being used for the smallest things. That I don't agree with. Like you said, you shot the wrong guy, got banned. Could have been fixed with an RR of everything he lost. AR's should be used when needed, not when you can.

I agree that some staff are biased, that's just how people are. But, would you try and make an excuse for your friend that decided to shoot people on the streets or hacked? No, you wouldn't do anything to protect them from a permaban, as in most cases they have to do something so severe they shouldn't be allowed to play again. If you did, you would look desperate and weak as a staff member - a role model. But I do see where you are coming from, no one wants to lose a good friend.
Getting someone out of a recent perm with valid reason, like shooting people on streets is impossible to do. Noone in the right mind would risk their admin rights to even attempt getting him out of the perm. But im talking about the small things. The clear running away from gp, or running into a building thats being raided without weapons. The small things that they could get you out of. I have seen a couple of clear cases and then the admin says 'not enough evidence' while there is plenty. That I can't stand.

There have to be punishments so you don't ruin other people's experiences, but I do agree that sometimes people don't deserve bans for making mistakes, for example, I shot at Tom Hill at regals when I was at the bridge because it looked like he was holding a gun and pointing it at me, which apparently was not the case. As a result I got banned. But you learn from your mistakes. I'm sure there are plenty of other situations people have gone through with similar results but this is just an experience of mine I wanted to compare. Taking away game time for someone making a mistake doesn't seem ideal, but if it's something they are doing consistently, and not learning from it, they should be punished so they can reflect on their actions and know not to do it again.
I totally agree, taking away game time isn't the best solution but its the only one they got. And if they do it consistently then they should get a longer ban but i'm still against handing out perm's like cookies. Perp is a big deal for some people.

That is the point of a game, unfortunately, people just become angry when someone insults them or just mistakenly do something against them in game, in which they will take any opportunity they have and try and punish that person.
Totally agree.

Right now I just think the server needs more variety in the way people make money and interact. The only real way of making money is by growing drugs; just sitting inside your base for hours on a day waiting to replant and redo for another week for that one car, that and selling guns. But I guarantee if we had new, interesting ways of making profit, we would bring in more players and the community would start enjoying itself more.
I also agree, the only way of affording your dream car is farming drugs 24/7. As hard as it is to make a legal way of making money, it should be done. The server now has 50 powerfarmers on at all times, no real RP left and the cops are all hungry for raids. Perp should be more than just shooting, raiding and lying to cops to get yourself out of problems. Someone built a market this week and that was real cool, allot of people visited and bought stuff. More ways of making money is definitely a good start.

I loved that you also showed your opinions on this topic. Hopefully the higher ups see this and take action.

Reaction score
No one will do anything about this for the simple reason that they don't give a fuck. If they want to hand out a perma, then they go ahead and they don't hesitate. Let's see an example as someone like @Husky , this guy has been community wide banned 3 times and all the times it's been invalid. Players who love to play the server and play it everyday gets a perma ban, boom, one less player on the server. And this hasn't happend once, but many times. Staff will witch-hunt you for every little rulebreak and make sure you pay the punishment.

Reaction score
@Husky , this guy has been community wide banned 3 times and all the times it's been invalid.
If staff don't like you its so easy for them to shut you up and ensure you never see the server again. Lucky for me I hold a greater presence than a regular player so I was fortunate to have friends and other staff fight for me. (Not an ego <3 ) Best advice is to be friends with the staff team but don't keep them to close as they'll end up getting salty and banning you over not inviting them to an org. :ZING: not mentioning names ofc :)

Deleted member 5193

Perps what you make of it

Exactly. When I first came into the community, there was a completely different attitude and outlook on roleplay to the way it is now. Major organisations are making it quite difficult to grow to earn money, and whilst that was always the case it is even more so now.

I loved the time where you could go across to business shops and chill in some passive roleplay establishment like Trapani Pasta. It seems to be cops vs robbers now, no real passive roleplay.

Money was still being made back when I first joined, raids definitely still happened but they usually had more purpose than "we want your shit".

I'll probably get some dumb ratings for this, but I do honestly miss how PH used to be.

Reaction score
Eh, I couldn't care less about the politics of why PH is what it used to be, its always going to a circlejerk towards one guy and the other guys who hate him but can't get passed his minions.

I saw it with Hung Chow back then and its no different today.

In my opinion, the reason PH is not getting the player numbers it once had is well... new players.

New players are a bit like fish spawn, out of hundreds maybe even thousands will be born into the world, but only a sparse few will survive the outdoors.
During the era of 2013-2015, I would say this ratio was about like, for every 50 newbs that join the server, maybe like 2-3 would stay and become devoted members. The server was (somewhat) easy to get into, get some cash as cop, join an org and strive for a sweet ride and guns. This is why I stayed on the server and became a relatively successful crook.

With 2015 coming to a close, the community made it clear, they hated "Sweatervests." The arrival of the marksmanship system, in which the old marksmanship-less system provided very equal and balanced gunfights, but was still skill based and rewarded good aim, was torn down so its vets could dominate more than ever with level 100 riflemen completely annihilating those with less marksmanship, even if they have good aim. This is the primary reason I stayed on the server and became hooked, I thought PH actually cared for its fresh population!

The permanent police whitelist came by and removed the only way a fresh from the basket newb could garner some money and perhaps some Police experience. Because fuck it, new players are shy and rather not go through a plethora of IG applications just to get one job. Even so, its pretty miserable, you just get gunned down 24/7 by some guy either wearing green or orange. We once again catered to the vets and looked by the new players. Now new players could definitely not be able to afford bullets just to get their marksmanship up.

Now we are here, barely getting passed 50 players on prime-time. Perhaps like 1 new player stays on the server out of 500. Most newbs quit after a week and now we are getting to the point that the vets are becoming bored and leaving the server entirely. Criminal RP is completely dead, rather getting some cool gangster roleplay going everyone just wants to raid, (new players mostly) post an edgy frag movie, and throw shit at one-another like chimps.

Staff using nothing but the Permaban hammer on new players and favoritism towards certain people doesn't help either.

Also,
Gmod itself doesn't have much time left in it.
Just wait for an eventual PH revive if S&Box comes into existence.

Reaction score
I hate @Dom_ he shoots me dead when I am a cop.
Other times I shoot him dead.
Sometimes we raid together.

Great guy.

Reaction score

If this happened in 2018 then every cop in this video and there dads would report it.

Its just a game bois

Bring back riots.

Reaction score
Some people just need to chill out and live life (realise its a game) this include the mods who some have/had inconsistent standards and punishment lengths.

EDIT: Other than this, as the essay before me said, everything seems so geared to veterans and well established-players. TFU, Police white-list, marksmanship. Its hard to get from poor to rich here, as not everyone has a plethora of friends in bugattis to help em out. Hence the high amount of new people leaving.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some people just need to chill out and live life (realise its a game) this include the mods who some have/had inconsistent standards and punishment lengths.

EDIT: Other than this, as the essay before me said, everything seems so geared to veterans and well established-players. TFU, Police white-list, marksmanship. Its hard to get from poor to rich here, as not everyone has a plethora of friends in bugattis to help em out. Hence the high amount of new people leaving.

I didn't have any friends that were rich with guns at the start either. I met one guy and his phone number was all I had. We played together and grew at hicktown or deep in the forest.
Needless to say, we got raided and killed and arrested too many times.
But I had the most fun back then. The RP was real - it's a city of narcotics, criminals, murderers, and a strong police force that prays on the weak to keep their job. You are not suppose to get cuddled to sleep, you are suppose to always be on high-alert. If they prefer DarkRP casual rather than this then so be it.

That's perp.
[DOUBLEPOST=1517935115,1517935015][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I happened to join by stalking @McYeke on steam

Reaction score
Everyone who used to play is banned and because the people who used to play are banned, their friends do not want to play, and no new players are coming anymore as nothing appeals to them
[DOUBLEPOST=1517935281,1517935189][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't have any friends that were rich with guns at the start either. I met one guy and his phone number was all I had. We played together and grew at hicktown or deep in the forest.
Needless to say, we got raided and killed and arrested too many times.
But I had the most fun back then. The RP was real - it's a city of narcotics, criminals, murderers, and a strong police force that prays on the weak to keep their job. You are not suppose to get cuddled to sleep, you are suppose to always be on high-alert. If they prefer DarkRP casual rather than this then so be it.

That's perp.
[DOUBLEPOST=1517935115,1517935015][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I happened to join by stalking @McYeke on steam
I had no friends at all when I first joined lol, based on my own, got raided and got on with it, eased my way in and met people and ended up in a couple of the best orgs the server has seen :)

Reaction score
like i said before and many others have, the server isn't dying. The people who play the server are.
no matter what you do now, 70% of the server will attempt to get you banned for it.