Alex_D: Resignation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am stepping down from my position of Senior Admin, below I will discuss the reasons for doing so. (Disclaimer, remember I am entitled to my own opinion and this is what I have noticed from my time being Senior Admin)

Failure from other members of the Senior Admin team to help me to complete duties including attempting to correct the player base from a darkrp style attitude into a a serious rp mindset,I have suggested ways to fix this but I am always turned away.
These include numerous small idea's that would definitely improve the roleplay on the server and others have agreed with me.
> Changing the mugging limit to avoid certain organizations of players (Belinsky's) from raiding new players and mugging them mid raid, new players being mugged because they are wearing sweaters.

Failure from certain members of the Senior Admin team to Accept/Decline applications with decent quality, for example failing to even check if the player has been banned or has 1 week of game time, this causes the Admin team to be very unprofessional and abusive.

When I request an Admin to be demoted/Punished Im just turned away like my opinion doesn't matter and told to wait it out to see if the Admin does something again even when I full well know that the Admin no longer deserves his position.
(eg Blackdown clearly should have been demoted for failing to do reports in a professional manner and for inactivity, but insted I was told to wait it out and what happened you may ask? He joined the server went into the skybox with a bunch of other Admins and ran around like a giant while 1-3 new players had just joined the server at around 4am GMT, clearly scaring them away)

Failure from other members of the Senior Admin team to come up with solutions with certain members of the Admin team being aggressive towards players, to put it into simple terms the Senior Admin team member resorted to calling the Admin an 'Angry man' and not bothering to actually tell him what he's doing wrong and what could be done to change things.

I am sick of having to do everything revolving around the Admin team while a certain member can go around and do nothing while I get moaned at for doing nothing.
Things I have done to assist the Admin team / Playerbase
> Created a warning list that monitors rules broken by players to assist Admins(Ban/not ban) this list now has more then 2000 warnings listed and helps Admins make decisions on a daily basis.
> Rewritten / created new rules depending on the gameplay style changing.
> Generated the idea for a strike system for Admins.
> Generated the idea for the amount of reports done by different Admins to monitor progression. (See point 4, this was left to me just like every other problem.)
> Created two firework shows for Paralake V2 (Just a side note)
> Tried my hardest to get things changed in the Admin team, only to receive nothing back.
> Attempted to fix Admins banning people for extremely short amounts of time (1 Hour for metagaming in some cases.....10 hours for randomly killing people ect ect.) only to be shut down and told that the bans are fine when they are clearly not.
> Generated a system in which Admins deal with ban requests on a weekly rota.
> Generated the idea for events to be predefined and saved onto the server for quick deployment for the enjoyment of players.
> Helped to promote/demote people (Very limited because my opinion doesn't seem to matter)
> Helped Cevin rewrite the FAQ/Tutorial section on the F1 menu (This was mostly Cevin I just helped out a bit)

(Some of the above features may or may not be in effect on the server)

Generally bored of the game play that the server has to offer, I have around 2 months of game play and I don't see what fun I can get out of it any more, especially due to being an Admin people just come up to you and moan at you.

Told the other Senior Admin member to demoted a large list of people around 1.5 weeks ago he disagreed and never went through with demoting people, now as I am writing this he has decided to demote the same list of players I gave to him 1.5 weeks ago, clearly my word doesn't count.

Overall frustration when my opinion is never taken into account.

I probably have a couple more reasons but they are not currently coming to mind, overall you probably get the picture I do more then what people think and still get blamed for doing nothing or at least try to do more.

I would like to thank the community for having me around for my 10 months of being here and I would just like to say that it has been a blast, towards the end of my time here I had really just given up because what ever I did had no effect.
Also I would like to leave a special thanks to the 4 owners for making the server in the first place and for all the work they have put into it.
You might see on me on the server from time to time, maybe I could actually enjoy the gameplay now.

I would like to say that Jon Godinn has a amazing singing voice. Thanks.

Reaction score
Sad to see you go buddy, hopefully you will find another community or find another thing to do!

Reaction score
Swiper The Fox said:
Sad to see you go buddy, hopefully you will find another community or find another thing to do!
What don't you agree with? If you don't mind me asking?

Reaction score
Fare well Alex, sad too see you go, after reading the post. i clearly see the frustration.

Reaction score
Cya Alex, good luck with star citizen, hope to battle you ;) Speaking from the whole community here, were all grateful for the help you have supplied the server with.I've watched you grow up from a helper to senior admin, good luck with life.

On a side note I agree with some of the issues you brought up.

Reaction score
It's a shame to hear that you're leaving. You were a brilliant member of the staff team and you have been for a long time. I'm sure people respect the decisions that you have made and we appreciate it.

Goodbye and good luck in the future!

Reaction score
It's sad to see you go...
This acually sucks...
I hope I still will see you on ts and server :/

Reaction score
Well great sad to see one of my role models resign, You have often guided me through my rank helping me through it all.
So I say thank you Alex for helping me and being a friend.

On the bright side now you can roleplay with us more :D

Reaction score
User has recieved an Infraction for insulting other members and changing his post back -Mannerwaffel

Reaction score
Frosty said:
User has recieved an Infraction for insulting other members and changing his post back -Mannerwaffel
Just proves my point really, having to put up with constant fucking hate from random nobodies on the internet, fml.

Reaction score
Man, this sure sucks. You were by far one of the best administrators on the servers. You have contributed to the server in a lot of different ways, and I would like to thank you for that. I wish you the best of luck in the future and i hope you find something else to play and have fun with.

Reaction score
Its extremely sad to see you go. You're seriously one of my favourite staff members. I hope you still come on Teamspeak regular, i'll miss our fifa discussions! :(

Ayjay

Reaction score
After joining a few months ago and meeting you It's been pretty awesome having you here, you're no doubt one of my favourite staff members on the server. I understand that many problems may have arose in the staff team but I still feel that if you stayed the problems could of been fixed.
I'm sorry to see you go, and hopefully we will see you again.

- Adios, AyJay.

Reaction score
There are many points where I can agree with Alex.... Starting with the lack of role-play going on on the server even though several players have suggested good ideas in order to fix it.
Where sometimes I ask myself is this actually a serious RP server or are we just trying to be better than dark RP therefore we call it serious RP ? We do need to set rules to prevent people from only sitting in glass co doing drugs. Although I have to say that the Administration team has improved since the last week therefore and i am pretty sure the other admins would do it as well is to thank you for your effort to do whatever is needed to improve it. Hope to see you around TS/Ingame. Hope you will not do it like Menta that has left the server completely because of those reasons.

- Sgt.James

​P.s. Excuse me for some grammatical errors you might see... I was kinda in a hurry ^^

Reaction score
I agree that there are still a lot of things going wrong with the server.
Anyways, Alex, thanks for being such a great guy and helping the server out in so many ways, I fully understand why you're resigning and I hope
things will change on the server.

Good luck with whatever life will bring you.

- Rutger

Status
Not open for further replies.