Looking for good but cheap speaker

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

So I've been shopping around for a docking station/ speaker for my Iphone5s as I am unable to use my dads one due to him having 4th generation Iphone. I need one that has a good battery life and is not Bluetooth. I also need one that is loud and good quality (especially outside as that's where it will be used) but not costing me £250.

I'm looking basically for something like this
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4188382.htm#pdpFullDesc
4188382_R_Z001A

If anyone knows any good brands or best places to buy one then post it here please as I really don't know the difference between a £30 docking station and a £300 one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
this may sound stupid but for a DIY speaker get either a Pringles (other brands are available) or the middle of the Kitchen roll

• x1 Pringles tube/Kitchen roll middle
  • x2 Plastic cups
  • x1 scissors
  • x1 your phone
Step 1: Measure your phone width ways so the speaker would be inside the tube if it was inside
Step 2: draw the measure line and then cut out the part where your phone fits
Step 3: Cut holes in the plastic cups the same size as the ends of the tube you are using
step 4: place cups on the end and glue
step 5: color if wanted
step 6: add phone to the part you cut out on the tube
step 7: play music
step 8: ENJOY

Reaction score
Kinda hard to find a speaker that you're going to use outside and doesn't have Bluetooth.

You can have a look at this from JBL or other JBL products, I recommend it 100%
Link
OBAwakeBlk_sq_006_3000X3000_300dpi_dvHAMaster.png

May be a bit small, but again as I said earlier, look at their products and see if you find something nice and affordable.