Server Suggestion Lower respawn timer and increase NLR timer

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on this since you can die before the NLR timer is up. Would this mean you can't go to both areas with NLR? That would be very annoying if it were the case.
I've had this happen. Your old NLR zone gets removed, and where you most recently died will be the place you can't go to.

Reaction score
Most of the time when im on as a cop shootouts are fun and dont happen alot. If this is actually accepted then people will just move base and continue there, it wont stop them from having shootouts.

Reaction score
I have no opinion on whether this is worth it or not other than that I cant see how it would hurt to try this out and see how it affects the community and what the general consensus is on it.

Reaction score
Most of the time when im on as a cop shootouts are fun and dont happen alot. If this is actually accepted then people will just move base and continue there, it wont stop them from having shootouts.
Thats what they are fucking supposed to do anyways??????? Move their base instead of staying there

Reaction score
15 mins is a fucking stretch my guy i'd say 10 is about right

Reaction score
No.

If the 5 minute black screen is really that annoying then that shows that it’s serving its purpose as self enforcement of 3.4 and 3.6. There’s also the fact that so many people reenter their NLR zones constantly, especially if it’s near slums or PD. The current NLR system only stops you from seeing NLR messages from your NLR zone and doing this would give you more ability to sit outside of PD to give info to people in slums. Reducing the death timer would allow players to respawn and partake in a situation a lot easier as it’s most likely to still be going on once they respawn.

Reaction score
No.

If the 5 minute black screen is really that annoying then that shows that it’s serving its purpose as self enforcement of 3.4 and 3.6. There’s also the fact that so many people reenter their NLR zones constantly, especially if it’s near slums or PD. The current NLR system only stops you from seeing NLR messages from your NLR zone and doing this would give you more ability to sit outside of PD to give info to people in slums. Reducing the death timer would allow players to respawn and partake in a situation a lot easier as it’s most likely to still be going on once they respawn.
the screen itself is not annoying but dying to shootout chads when you are trying to roleplay is annoying

if they give info after dying then punish them? ur staff right?

they cant go back cause they have 15 minute nlr

Reaction score
Thats what they are fucking supposed to do anyways??????? Move their base instead of staying there
But people should only stay there if they have a good reason and 9 times out of 10 they do. Staff usually are at situations and ask them to leave etc If they dont just report it, a longer timer isnt needed at all.

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on this since you can die before the NLR timer is up. Would this mean you can't go to both areas with NLR? That would be very annoying if it were the case.
Sounds like you die too much. Maybe if you were able to stay alive more that wouldn’t be a problem... anyways +support, would bring more RP for the people that stay on black screens too long.

Reaction score
certain players don't want to RP but would rather shoot cops.
I deadass don't understand how some people still find satisfaction in killing people on GMOD for multiple years straight, I understand cs where it takes a lot of skill in some points (except smgs fuck you) but perp? like some people have 10 bugattis 941294184128 guns 48912841841 dollars holy fuck is shooting still that interesting god i think they literally dont have enough attention span to do something that doens't involve shooting and killing someone

Reaction score
One con I can see with this idea is that it adds more pressure to the medic job and makes it almost obsolete in the current red->blackscreen death system, as they’d probably only have about a minute to be able to save someone. It adds more realism, but realistically no medic is reaching stone henge, for example, in 1 minute. A possible solution would be for medics to station themselves around the map, but you can’t just give that expectation out of nowhere.

I like the idea, but I’d like to hear what you think about the above.

Reaction score
One con I can see with this idea is that it adds more pressure to the medic job and makes it almost obsolete in the current red->blackscreen death system, as they’d probably only have about a minute to be able to save someone. It adds more realism, but realistically no medic is reaching stone henge, for example, in 1 minute. A possible solution would be for medics to station themselves around the map, but you can’t just give that expectation out of nowhere.

I like the idea, but I’d like to hear what you think about the above.
Easy solution for that would be that you won't respawn until you are black screen and 2 minutes minimum have passed.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Although I'd like this. I agree that the 5 minutes to wait to respawn does make me value my life that little bit more just because I don't want to sit on a black screen for five minutes.

Reaction score
Although I'd like this. I agree that the 5 minutes to wait to respawn does make me value my life that little bit more just because I don't want to sit on a black screen for five minutes.
Which is why we increase the NLR timer, if you die at your base or bazaar you can't go back there for 15 minutes. That is a pain in the ass and would make me value my life more than with 5 minutes of respawn time and 5 minutes NLR time.

Reaction score
Which is why we increase the NLR timer, if you die at your base or bazaar you can't go back there for 15 minutes. That is a pain in the ass and would make me value my life more than with 5 minutes of respawn time and 5 minutes NLR time.
NLR doesn’t stop people from hanging around the scene of their NLR to give or receive info. An example of this would be if a slums base is raided, people can respawn in 2 minutes and see who raided them leading to them giving info and possibly acting on it, or them chasing down the car carrying their planters when it leaves their NLR Zone. Rather than punishing people who will always do this it’d be better to just prevent it as much as we can.

Reaction score
NLR doesn’t stop people from hanging around the scene of their NLR to give or receive info. An example of this would be if a slums base is raided, people can respawn in 2 minutes and see who raided them leading to them giving info and possibly acting on it, or them chasing down the car carrying their planters when it leaves their NLR Zone. Rather than punishing people who will always do this it’d be better to just prevent it as much as we can.
but thats against the rules so why wouldnt we punish people that do it? they'll learn eventually... why are there rules if people can break them without getting punished