• Thread starter Deleted member 5920
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5920

Discussion Post:

https://perpheads.com/threads/server-slots.34967/

Main Idea:

Simply lower the player count to either 60 or 70.

Full description of the idea:

When I first joined Perp in 2014 it was on 60 slots and the server would get roughly the same amount of players as now, maybe slightly more and it was perfectly good for roleplay, you never felt like the server was empty. Now the point of this would be to attract newer players as when you look at a server list if a server has 60/80 or 60/60 you would be more attracted to the fuller server. It still has the same amount of players but it looks more popular. The server rarely hits 80 now a days if at all and honestly this might just make the server feel more alive.

Why should it be added?:

-Higher % of active players when viewed from server list so looks more appealing to join for newer players.
-Server barely hits 80 once a month at best so what's the point?

Pros:

- More incitement for newer players to join.
- Server feels less dead due to it actually being full rather than 3/4 full.

Cons:

- Harder to join. (Maybe)
- Definitely need to rework PD slots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'm sure that's not how it works Ethan, it's just playerslots and if they're not being used then it's also not wasted hardware performance. No point of decreasing the slots if it can handle the amount of players.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to try and improve the server!

Lowering the slots sounds decent, PD slots won’t be a problem and of course it won’t feel ‘as’ empty but at the same time it’s just a little de-crease. FPS won’t be improved because of slots lowered since there are lower amounts of players then the slots.

from your discussion post, ‘I see the less slots, seems more full causing people to join’ theory/effect. I’d agree with this but it’s a bit of a gamble in my opinion and I’d need some sort of proof backing this.

I’m liking the idea but I don’t know at the same time, take my Optimistic rating as a type of neutral rating, if anything is brought up that makes improvements to this idea then I’ll reconsider my choice.

Reaction score
About the PD slots. If the server is simply not reaching the 80/80 player count that pushed the PD to raising the slots to 16. Why not just put it back to 12 max at idk 60/70 so there is a 1:4 ratio.

I mean, the server doesn’t really cap 70 but it occasionally peaks above 60.

Reaction score
+support, lower slots means higher player to cop ratio, Senior Staff will probably have to reduce it to 1 cop to 3 players instead of 1:4 like it is now.
(Im being sarcastic)

Reaction score
You’re maths misses vital information to this post

It’s currently 1:3 cops to players. 1/4 of the players are cops and 3/4 are not at 64 players.

At 80 players it’s 1:4 cops. So to make the maths balance out having 72 players with max cops of 12

Status
Not open for further replies.