Make food expire

Reaction score
Description of the idea:

Make it so when you buy food it expires after a certain amount of time (6-12 hours, maybe more)

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • money sink
  • When people set up restaurants/shops they will be more visited as people won't be able to stack up thousands of burgers in their storages
  • generally makes sense

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • none

Reaction score
What’s the issue with people stacking food in their storage for restaurant RP? Or for literally any reason for that matter. this would just make fishing pointless and further encourage people to not bother with restaurant RP.

Reaction score
What’s the issue with people stacking food in their storage for restaurant RP? Or for literally any reason for that matter. this would just make fishing pointless and further encourage people to not bother with restaurant RP.
heres a reason to make fridges useful, it would make the food expire slower. And also i really doubt anyone has thousands of burgers specifically for restaurant RP as I haven't seen a restaurant being made in months if not a year

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s sometimes difficult to make a solid assumption on how things like this will play out, but I think it’s actually a good idea. Not only will it encourage more roleplay, like you said, but it will also populate the map more as people will be travelling to food stores or delivery points, etc. More people being dotted around the map makes the server feel far more alive. The current food system is more oriented towards a general / pvp playstyle, but this isn’t even that big of a change when you think about it. Just head to the shop every couple of hours and get a few more burgers. Possibly different types of foods could expire slower too? Adds more variety to what for people buy and makes each type of food more unique for different things. E.g. hot dog could expire slower than burger but it restores less food, a strategic choice is then given to the player.

I really would say this is worth a try, but as the current development effort is invested in V5, maybe it wouldn’t go onto the “priority list”.

Very good suggestion nonetheless!

Reaction score
as someone who use to have +1500 plus fish in storage making food expire is just useless

Reaction score
yes but you said that food will expire but that means i can only hold the fish for 12 hours so if im trying to fufill a order for my company then i wont have enough time
i guess you will have to go and fish tp get it

Reaction score
let's expire drugs while we're at it to fuck over everyone with 1000+ leaves in their storage

on topic: good idea but annoying, I don't want to re-buy burgers every day
if this happend perp would become super dead for instance at some point i had like 1000 fish in storage if that all expired i'd be pissed

Reaction score
heres a reason to make fridges useful, it would make the food expire slower. And also i really doubt anyone has thousands of burgers specifically for restaurant RP as I haven't seen a restaurant being made in months if not a year
>introduce food spoiling
>introduce fridge to stop food spoiling
>waste everyone's time

thanks homeless for another great suggestion

Reaction score
>introduce food spoiling
>introduce fridge to stop food spoiling
>waste everyone's time

thanks homeless for another great suggestion
fridges wont make it so food never spoils, it will just extend the time, 0 iq xeronise