Make food expire

Reaction score
Description of the idea:

Make it so when you buy food it expires after a certain amount of time (6-12 hours, maybe more)

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • money sink
  • When people set up restaurants/shops they will be more visited as people won't be able to stack up thousands of burgers in their storages
  • generally makes sense

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • none

Reaction score
let's expire drugs while we're at it to fuck over everyone with 1000+ leaves in their storage

on topic: good idea but annoying, I don't want to re-buy burgers every day
I like this idea more

Reaction score
fridges wont make it so food never spoils, it will just extend the time, 0 iq xeronise
The point still stands, you introduce a problem and a solution to the problem, which benefits nobody and doesn't improve RP in any meaningful way. If people want to go to a restaurant they will regardless if they have food stockpiled or not, its RP at the end of the day it shouldn't be forced like this. All this would do is make people go to Fredy's more often.

Reaction score
I think the best part of this is the money sink. however, this will also impact new players negatively.

should start having a rich person tax instead or sommit

Reaction score
I think the best part of this is the money sink. however, this will also impact new players negatively.

should start having a rich person tax instead or sommit
make paralake a communist state and combine all storages and bank accounts into one centralized storage

on the suggestion i feel like a big deterrent on perp, at least for me, is having to constantly do a bunch of boring "admin" stuff such as buying food, making sure i'm stocked up on bandages etc, crafting props, filling water etc. and this just adds more of that

Last edited:
Reaction score
you can sell it tho...
Why force people to sell their products to NPCs? Isn’t that the issue here? Isn’t that what everyone criticises about the drugs system? Anyone investing time into fishing deserves to have a stockpile of fish in their storage for resale purposes. I’d prefer users to actually provide said products to the general public rather than forcing them to immediately transfer said item to cash.

Reaction score
Why force people to sell their products to NPCs? Isn’t that the issue here? Isn’t that what everyone criticises about the drugs system? Anyone investing time into fishing deserves to have a stockpile of fish in their storage for resale purposes. I’d prefer users to actually provide said products to the general public rather than forcing them to immediately transfer said item to cash.
ah yes fish, the product that everybody buys on the server and uses. not only that, but if he has 1500 fish still it just shows how much people buy it

Reaction score
ah yes fish, the product that everybody buys on the server and uses. not only that, but if he has 1500 fish still it just shows how much people buy it
Doesn’t mean we should completely curb the ability to allow money to change hands between players in exchange for items they grinded to obtain. Cooked fish is literally underrated meta for restoring hunger as it has the highest hunger regeneration to chance of becoming sick after eating ratio of all food items. They SHOULD sell brilliantly and hopefully in coming days someone’s able to demonstrate that and bring back a demand.

Reaction score
Doesn’t mean we should completely curb the ability to allow money to change hands between players in exchange for items they grinded to obtain. Cooked fish is literally underrated meta for restoring hunger as it has the highest hunger regeneration to chance of becoming sick after eating ratio of all food items. They SHOULD sell brilliantly and hopefully in coming days someone’s able to demonstrate that and bring back a demand.
i dont think it has anything to do with being underrated meta, but with the fact that nobody wants to buy it because its simply not worth it. Also i honestly don't know how becoming sick from eating matters as it happens probably once in 6 months. Not explicitly saying they should sell fish only to npc, but if there is absolutely 0 demand for it. Im not saying that they should not be able to sell them to people, im saying that since there is no demand rn an npc is an alternative

Reaction score
I agree with most that is said here, and I think a lot are on the same line. Not only does it not add any value to roleplay, but it is also extremely tedious too. Imagine going to the restaurant every 2-3 times on 1 day. I think people rather starve themselves to death (or just relog) than have to make a trip every time to get a burger or whatnot. There is too much happening in this server already, that adding something this insignificant would really drive people away.

Reaction score
whos stopping you from doing it
What's the point of your idea if people see this as the solution? Is that the game you'd like to create? That people should relog or just die to avoid buying food? I like how you are thinking weekly on additions to the server, but it makes no sense to implement something in the name of RP, knowing that few would even use or consider it that.