Map Suggestion Make Paralake more run down than it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make Paralake more run down than it currently is.
Suggestion Description: Rather than most streets just being pristine clean with minimal graffiti, add more graffiti and litter in areas you would expect to be vandalised.

Paralake doesn’t even have municipal workers who empty bins, its police department fatality rate rivals actual warzones to a degree that the United Nations would be sending a global superpower into it. Virtually every civilian in Paralake is involved in crime in some shape or form, the reality is vandalism and litter would be at an all time high.

I can make some perpheads themed graffiti textures to place on walls and the likes very easily and later on I will prepare and cook this up.

When it comes to the thematics of Paralake what we lack in comparison to other maps is the general appearance.

Generally, the more business in an area the less graffiti should be there, for example, bazaar could be kept clean, whilst the rear of it is dirty. Business shop walkway would be relatively clean, however the monorail fountain would be dirty and vandalised.

To put it bluntly, areas where someone could realistically vandalise with minimal attention from the police or the general public should be vandalised as such.

Why should this be added?:
- Paralake looks less like Lego city and more like a crime ridden city people want to get the fuck out of.
- Paralake becomes a more desirable map to use thus further imprinting us on the gmod community more. Paralake is full of perpheads references people would see otherwise. Furthermore making the map more desirable for artistic use bringing in the same level of attention to our servers work.
- It would give the server a more serious feel and a better sense of identity.

What negatives could this have?:
- Map making problems might be a thing, But damnit I’m a doctor Jim, not a mapper!

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Better theming for the map.

Reaction score
Think it would be good for certain areas to be more run down than others.

Slums really should be the shit hole of Paralake there should be graffiti, litter & general carnage whereas subs should be bright clean and clear

Reaction score
I made a similar suggestion that went in line with adding more vandalism:

I really like this idea though, both of them combined can add a lot to the setting, give Paralake the ability to do environmental story telling and actual lore based on the real power dynamic of active orgs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
I made a similar suggestion that went in line with adding more vandalism:

I really like this idea though, both of them combined can add a lot to the setting, give Paralake the ability to do environmental story telling and actual lore based on the real power dynamic of active orgs.
Not really similar, I’m suggesting map edits that make it runndown by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.