Server Suggestion Make punishment times more flexible

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Make it so staff can punish people with more flexible times. Currently set ban times are good till you go to a month. Then suddenly it's from one month to two months. It's a crazy addition to your punishment time and that sometimes isn't needed at all. Would be better if staff can ban for a more flexible period f.e. 5weeks (1month 1week).

Why should this be added? (pros): Would give staff more flexibility when punishing people which results in more correct punishments. Since sometimes the gap between the current set ban times is too big, which might lead to harsher punishments.

What negatives could this have? (cons): none (can be adjusted if someone makes good arguments in the comments!)

*Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
Currently, it's just a select box. How about instead of making the select box set a time we basically get buttons like

+10 minutes, +1 hour, +1 day, +1 week, +1 month, +1 year and a checkbox for permanent?

Reaction score
I agree, currently the only way to do a "custom" length is through a special and confusing way @TinySlayer knows.

Riekelts idea sound like a nice addition as it's easier to navigate and could include the length you currently have selected.

Reaction score
The simplest solution is just to have a box with how many minutes you want to ban them for, and allow the staff too figure out how many minutes they need for a month etc

I don’t know how it’s currently written, but I presume this wouldn’t mean you’d have to rewrite any code currently in place for the bans to still work on this system

Reaction score
The simplest solution is just to have a box with how many minutes you want to ban them for, and allow the staff too figure out how many minutes they need for a month etc

I don’t know how it’s currently written, but I presume this wouldn’t mean you’d have to rewrite any code currently in place for the bans to still work on this system
The ban length is currently stored in seconds, and is set in a hidden form field you can modify to achieve a custom length at the moment.

E.g.

Code:
$('input[name="duration"]').val(<length in seconds>);

That said I do not want to whip out a calculator to figure out how many seconds I need to ban someone for, so I think my idea would work better than a manual entry.