Making PERP run faster.

Daragh

Hello! Some of you may recognise me from a while back, I was just browsing on the forums and I haven''t played since yesterday which was Christmas day.
Yesterday, I got my new gaming pc and I managed to get into PERP 3 times without a disconnection error and that is no longer a problem. The problem is now every time I am patrolling or responding to calls either as a police officer or a paramedic the car and me always lags and sometimes it freezes that bad it goes white. I can no longer play properly without lagging and that is one of the reasons I got fired by the lieutenant last night for one hour real life time.

Please could someone give me tips on how to stop PERP from freezing and lagging please? It only lags and freezes on this gamemode since there is so much content, every other gamemode is fine.

Reaction score
The problem is not the gamemode it is the map.

Due to the massive size of it you only render what you see meaning that you will lag and freeze until that section has fully loaded.

Two fixes for this.

Load the map in single player I call pre loading then fly around and until no areas lag you.

Or Drive around the highway in all areas and eventually you should not or get less lag in very few areas.

Reaction score
Well the problem is the amount of things going on the server. Basically - fire, action (bank robbery with 10 police cars with sirens and lights on) explosions , gun fights etc. Its not a piece of cake to hold up 60 ppl on the server with source engine

Garrett Woodfield

Load the map then become police. Sorry there is no real fix for this, the map needs to render. Fully render it and it should be fine, remember you have to do it everytime you join server.

Daragh

Well, a lot of people are fine with it and I have a Gaming PC and my friends are fine with it and I have a better Gaming PC. I wonder if it is to do with the internet speed because of rendering the map and playing and loading at the same time , sirens, explosion ect.

Deleted member 5920

Never had this problem, just drive around the map once.

Reaction score
@Death Howl it's has nothing to do with having a bad pc. It is the way that the Source Engine was developed. It is simply not optimized for such huge gamemode nor optimized to run on multiple cores.

Reaction score
I don't really understand what people are talking about, I never actually lag. Of course there can be some frame drops while I'm at a position where there's a big fire, after evocity was gone I had some lag. V2 fixed it somehow for me. No upgrades to my PC at all. Don't know how it fixed.

Deleted member 1837

Hey I have something which may help. I have a new computer too and it never lagged for me but gmod would randomly close but then I got this fpsbooster.cfg. You may have to get used to not having amazing graphic though. But ever since I use it I never crashed again.

http://darkergaming.com/index.php?topic=713.0 This is the topic with the download and everything. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Yea, funniest things is, I may play Arma 3 with about 100 people on it, Giant map (Altis) and I basicly have no lags, when Ijoin perp -> Fuk ya mate 10-50 fps (y)

Reaction score
jCVGxrX.png

It's so sad :(