Microphone requirement for cops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay.. So I make this post cause it's easier than finding everyone saying it.

People often walking around scolding officers and being cocks because officer don't use a microphone, and it's a requirement.
Now let me explain its easy, yes it's a requirement to have a microphone HOWEVER if your mic broke, your unavailable to use it right now or if it's nothing really important like a traffic stop, a microphone isn't much a requirement.

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
It's not a requirement if there's specific valid reasons, however you're very limited.

Reaction score
Also it's not me, but people cry over officers not using a mic and threatens to make an IA which most of the time, nothing at all will happen about that.

Reaction score
2.2 If your microphone is not working, or you are not in a position to use it, then you must go off duty at your earliest convenience but finish any active investigations/interactions using text-based dialogue

Reaction score
not allowed sorry

vowGUuM.png

Reaction score
A microphone is required while on duty as an officer and I am 99% sure there is even a question on the exam about it (don't quote me though). The CoD aren't suddenly just saying this to get rid of non-mic users it is to ensure that officers can carry out their role to the best of their ability and a microphone is required for that.

Reaction score
A microphone is required on duty, If u don't have one or If it broke, u should go off duty.

Reaction score
Well, make an IA on the person and see what happend :), cause I can assure you, nothing is gonna happen.

Reaction score
Something will happen as it is a policy, it is petty but they will most definitely warn you for it.

Reaction score
There's a requirement which states that you should immediately go off duty if your mic suddenly stops working or you can't talk. So you should absolutely not go on duty if you don't have a functioning microphone or can't speak due to other reasons.

Reaction score
There is a reason why this policy exists. If your microphone is broke sucks to suck bud you're not immune to the rules this goes to everyone go get a better mic and don't break it next time

Status
Not open for further replies.