Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Make all cars go at least 50-60

Short explanation (in notes):
- All cars go must go at least 50-60 minimum
- Better for new players

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

At the moment I feel that new players are disappointed and annoyed, making the gamemode feel slow and like a massive grind when they get their first car, usually a mini cooper, worth around 100k and finding out that it struggles to get up the subs off ramp. Some people will be pushed away by things like this thinking its extremely hard to get a good car when in reality a 300k car will do.

Handling is an issue, it will obviously have to be adjusted but I think its a needed change to ensure the server feels fun to play on for new players.

M

Reaction score
The acceleration should still be slow at lower prices, but the top speeds should be modified.

Reaction score
Agree with this wholeheartedly, a car going max 30 mph, probably wouldn't be street legal on the highways anymore +support

Reaction score
If you want to figure out how to rebalance all vehicles to conform to this given their current prices be my guest.

This means upgrades need to give a decent boost in speed so they are worth it but speed does not go above a car which costs the new total value. So it follows the idea of "you get what you pay for".

I personally will not redo any of the scripts for vehicles as it took me 6 months to do what it is now, but I welcome anyone to try it out for themselves. I am much too busy with other updates and content to concern myself with this.

There are over 100 vehicles spanning prices between 35k to 4.4m which all would need to be set up. Additionally the upgrades would need to be done as well, and both damage states. Making a minimum total of around 500 but I believe the real total would be around 600 scripts to do.

So if you or anyone would like to rebalance the cars go right ahead. I can print out a chart of all cars sorted by price for you if you would like. Send me a message here on the forums if interested. I would suggest making a full chart of what speed you plan on them going with and without upgrades. Then check to be sure it balances out with other similar priced cars.

I worked hard to make sure in their basic state all cars no matter how slow would be able to make it up the ramp, but because of how torque works in Source, hill climbing and lower acceleration don't get along. There may be some more difficult than others but it's a lot to manage.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Technically under UK law driving too slow can be dangerous. Slow moving vehicles are especially hazardous on motorways or highways as other fast moving vehicles are a common sight in PERP.

You could technically be fined if you drive too slow as you'll be a hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.