Monthly Roundup - February 2023

Reaction score
mrf23.png

Preface​

Welcome to the February 2023 edition of the Monthly Roundup. This newsletter is designed to keep our employees and the public updated with any changes in the city or department. Attached to the newsletter will be a message from the office of the Chiefs of Department, awards, key moments and careers. Any additions to the newsletter please contact Human Resources via helpdesk.

Message from the Chief​

We have had a busy month throughout February, and I feel it is important to go over what has been achieved during this monthly period. To start the month off, the Employee Satisfaction Survey results for Q4 were released for public viewing. We have had some fantastic constructive feedback included in this survey from people, so thank you to all of those who responded to it. Where negative feedback and issues have been raised, these are usually escalated to the relevant people to ensure that improvements are being made. For example, the point surrounding “I would love to see more command staff on duty, however i do understand that they have a lot of other work”, I have already improved this by implementing a command activity requirement of 4 hours per calendar month for all command members ranked Staff Sergeant or above.

Moving on later into the month, Mallard hosted another community night where several people played mini-games on a privately hosted Garry’s Mod server. The turnout was good and people seemed to have enjoyed themselves. We will continue to host these on a monthly basis over the upcoming months and if you have any suggestions to how these are run or maybe a game suggestion, create a help desk ticket towards Human Resources. Around this time, the results for our poll of the month were announced over the past 4 months. These are just a bit of fun to engage the community, and I hope to see more of you voting on them.

Towards the end of the month, we have finally had some new law changes come through in relation to Property and Possession Crime. Officers will now be able to charge people for offences such as robbery, burglary and aggravated burglary, meaning we are able to properly punish those who commit the most serious offences. There was an issue for a long time when bank robberies technically didn’t have a serious offence associated with them unless the offenders committed physical assault with a deadly weapon/murder. Aggravated burglary can now be used when charging offenders who rob the bank with weapons. If you would like to contribute towards the law reform process, reach out to TinySlayer on the forums.

As always, I want to thank everyone for all the work they’ve put in over the past calendar month. Feel free to reach out to myself or John Davids if you have any questions, queries or concerns you want to raise.

- Chief of Department Hayden James​

This month's awards​

Officer of the month please create a Help Desk ticket to Human Resources to claim your $100,000 in-game bonus. Please provide your in-game bank account number on this ticket.

Officer of the Month - February 2023
wikHUyjKQYwN571YzGaQ0LHmAxkbhbl_MtASEvTeFxE8VIpUgFlp5jGlzF7YwMA0p520pMTPz_BsEZF0ge3CBBquRRto9vkk-6PP5uxM371AacGZs7WCZWieCbr43nNNs8dSv8wSQzKu_yEWqagy4w4

Awarded to: Senior Officer Furio Giunta 2797 (Auston)

"Auston has gone above and beyond this month and proven himself to be an incredibly valuable asset to the department. With a whopping 112 hours in February, Auston has proven how incredibly dedicated he is. For these reasons, we have chosen him for the Officer of the Month award"
- Major Peter Wolf (Collier), Operation Services

Community Policing
kuvvDLATKtOVX8lNOrZwEQul0rAEDTuwrXu-Jjx-LCxnqwAX6pELlrtbe8WeFfLUQ01bnlI2KIbdOkekGvCB4SQD85ncYdTQn2ckLjmESD2XxM8HC_fc3tP-Uf3B5zFLJmNpjp29eOxBQ77dFosXgAU

Awarded to: Senior Officer Pedro Lopez 6931 (GP)

"I am pleased to award Senior Officer Pedro Lopez a Community Policing award in recognition of their continued dedication, effort, and high standards while on duty. In particular I wanted to highlight their work in the decoration of the Police Department building while on duty, adding helpful notices such as penal code references and a quality booking and mugshot setup, elevating the experience for officers and those being arrested. Keep up the good work!"
- Deputy Chief of Department John Davids (AwesomeGamersHQ), Chiefs of Department

Community Policing
kuvvDLATKtOVX8lNOrZwEQul0rAEDTuwrXu-Jjx-LCxnqwAX6pELlrtbe8WeFfLUQ01bnlI2KIbdOkekGvCB4SQD85ncYdTQn2ckLjmESD2XxM8HC_fc3tP-Uf3B5zFLJmNpjp29eOxBQ77dFosXgAU

Awarded to: Officer Nathan Kotze 6828 (killerbad)

"I have decided to issue this award to Killerbad for helping run a police checkpoint today with several command members for a long period of time. This officer volunteered to help out by keeping operations running smoothly and assisting by checking every driver that came through. It was nice to see some proper passive RP for once, and I was happy to see a lower ranked officer take initiative. Keep up the good work"
- Chief of Department Hayden James (Hayden), Chiefs of Department

Community Policing

Awarded to: Officer Florian Brucker 8774 (Joker21902B)

"I have decided to issue this award to FlorianBrucker for helping run a police checkpoint today with several command members for a long period of time. This officer volunteered to help out by keeping operations running smoothly and assisting by checking every driver that came through. It was nice to see some proper passive RP for once, and I was happy to see a lower ranked officer take initiative. Keep up the good work!"
- Chief of Department Hayden James (Hayden), Chiefs of Department​

Key moments​

Community Night March 2023
Human Resources Poll of the month results
Law Changes - February 2023
PLPD Employee Satisfaction Survey - Q4 Responses

Promotions​

Officer Vlad Krinkov 5917 (Archiea04) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 01/02/2023

Officer Dom Deutsch 8920 (TheDamnMedic) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 02/02/2023

Officer Blake Blade 9254 (Estelarus) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 04/02/2023

Officer Richard Evans 8139 (Jonezworthy) to Senior Officer, Traffic - 04/02/2023

Officer Piers Lance 1942 (Piers Lance) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 06/02/2023

Sergeant James Can 5560 (Ind) to Staff Sergeant, Junior Traffic Command - 06/02/2023

Officer Furio Giunta 2797 (Auston) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 06/02/2023

Officer Ben Muller 7507 (Cookie Man6149) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 07/02/2023

Officer Bendetti 1928 (Ghost) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 08/02/2023

Officer Monarch 1307 (ZahariHristov) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 10/02/2023

Senior Officer Rodrigez 6871 (bob12345) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 10/02/2023

Officer Bananafield 2764 (Artur) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 14/02/2023

Officer Bushross 1465 (Weazel) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 14/02/2023

Officer Morman 1351 (Satella LilacAndGooseberries) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 17/02/2023

Officer Smith 6236 (Aaroniscool22445) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 17/02/2023

Officer Cohen 7171 (It's ANGRY MUFFIN time!!!) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 21/02/2023

Officer Marly 4228 (Jack Marly) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 23/02/2023

Officer Shafer 4236 (checkraisefold) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 25/02/2023

Officer Dailin 3643 (Li Dailin) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 25/02/2023

Officer Watson 8650 (KroNein) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 25/02/2023

Officer Wescot 3277 (Nathanchan149) to Senior Officer, Patrol - 27/02/2023

Careers​

https://plpd.online/careers/

TFU Trainer

Dispatcher

Traffic Officer

Tactical Firearms Officer

Taser

Traffic Trainer

Investigator Assistant

Human Resources Poll of the month​

Best Squash Flavour?

January results:
Forms response chart. Question title: Best Biscuit (from the list below) . Number of responses: 5 responses.

Community Content Spotlight​

tF1hqi6HW2-atoob0rYJEacDDJvXHQzLEVSqqQbyMVSWg8YVjssXyvvwOYum_PrvyuJZ1keMSFwmXDTj5QfiX3q7skJEXKOJBmlvfiq8ef5Hzpdrfsb8pMhcM2V_9ELqiRyo2TKH8ghoDx83QMg6oQ

Nab any interesting pictures, videos or art relevant to the Paralake Police Department? If so, send it into the Help Desk. Every Monthly Roundup will have this community content spotlight which will contain content made by members of the department.

Monthly Movie Recommendation​

VxpzgHcNp1Ta7NCeLirIp-7_2ms_xlKL_XvgJyoTjLbgcPDOpF5hr_D4VYKQe5I6yE9GZ2GrLlDZmCcxze3jghrq9ecLY07OLCJFhTdj1nOY-KGLINUF4Pb2vvEQPus6iVNJKWFA3EeoMbkTxY8prg