PLPD Employee Satisfaction Survey - Q4 Responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
essq4r.png
Preface

This quarter's Employee Satisfaction Survey is now closed, a total of 33 responses were submitted and gave us a wide range of opinions and feedback. We would like to thank everyone who submitted a response for taking the time to do so, here are some of the feedback given to us and our thoughts about them.

Names may have been removed, but responses have not been edited in any other way. Spelling and grammar is exactly the same as how responses have been submitted.

Rank
Forms response chart. Question title: What rank do you hold?. Number of responses: 33 responses.

We had a wide range of ranks submit responses, with this quarter being the first time a Civilian has submitted a response.

How likely are you to recommend joining PLPD to a friend or new player?
Forms response chart. Question title: How likely are you to recommend joining PLPD to a friend or new player?. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• It is a nice experience to roleplay, the reason i dont give a 10 is it can be intense to new players when encountering players being rude
  • For new players, the PLPD is an opportunity to improve their roleplay skills, provided they took the time to read the handbook. However, I think that very new officers often have problems during their very first patrols due to a lack of basic training
  • The command structure does an amazing job keeping the officers in line. Making sure the mingy and corrupt officers are no longer in the department, The duty being a police officer is amazing
  • PLPD is an amazing place to be and has amazing people on it that love to help the new people, I have seen amazing officers teaching the ropes to the new rookies in town and has been amazing. One officer I saw doing this was [REDACTED], he is always looking to the new officers in the police force to help them out.
  • I enjoy everything about PLPD and how far it has developed over the many many years that I've been here. PLPD is robust and is lead with strong leadership and there are opportunities to improve.

In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.

Forms response chart. Question title: In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• rarely see people get praised either way, only if they ask for OR
    • This is something we are actively looking to improve. One scheme which is already in place is the increased usage of awards on PLPD.online as some may have recently noticed. For right now, if anyone believes someone is deserving of recognition, please get in contact with DCoD John Davids so that they may be considered for an award. An easier way of nominating people will come in the future, along with other schemes to praise officers.
  • Little to no recognition is really given to people the only people who have given me any sort of praise has been [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]
  • I've been noticed before and given recognition, I feel the PLPD is good at doing that.
  • Verbally by some commands members yes.

I have the materials such as guides, policies and procedures to do my job well.
Forms response chart. Question title: I have the materials such as guides, policies and procedures to do my job well.. Number of responses: 32 responses.

• Everything is extremely well written, though navigating through the guides to find a particular policy feels a bit like a labyrinth.
    • One of the tasks that the Policy Board is currently undertaking is to simplify the process of locating policies along with removing obsolete ones.
  • There is all the resources on plpd that I would need to perform my duties to a good standard
  • Overall alright, could use some more learning recourses for new supervisors
    • If any supervisor (or officer for that matter) feels like they are lacking instruction on any part of their job, I would recommend getting in touch with your primary command team (Patrol or Traffic) via the PLPD.online helpdesk. This way you can receive advice from experienced supervisors and help us identify areas which need to be better explained.
  • Yes however when applying for corporal stage 1 it would be helpful to know where to look speciifically in the hand book. and maby a TFU stage 2 traning video
  • Some could to with renewing and better explanation, such as informing Corporals to be aware of the supervisor policies.
    • The Corporal application already tests applicants on relevant policy knowledge. If you feel like any particular Corporal is lacking in knowledge, please contact your own or their own primary command team.

Supervisors provide me with the support I need to complete my work.
Forms response chart. Question title: Supervisors provide me with the support I need to complete my work.. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• The PLPD supervisors are always welcome to help in the scenarios that happen.
  • They can lead me to the right resources.
  • A lot of the time supervisor's just aren't available, and people to place warrants are not either. I do not understand why CPL's, a rank with I assume a good amount of trust, cannot place them as they are around more often then ranks higher then them are, and they interact with lower ranks more than the higher ranks as well in my opinion.
    • Regarding the availability of supervisors on duty, a targeted survey will soon be released so we can identify the if and why supervisors don’t feel like coming on duty.
  • Most of them are wonderful to work side by side with.
  • Yes the supervisors are very helpful.

Help is available from the PLPD when I have a problem.

Forms response chart. Question title: Help is available from the PLPD when I have a problem.. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• The Helpdesk functions fantastically.
  • Yes when looking at TFU I spoke to other applicants and on duty TFU for advice.
  • Looks like HR is responsive, and people usually reply to chatbox and forum questions quickly. In-game, however, I feel like we can't usually take a break to ask complex questions.
    • While on duty, sometimes there can be quite a lot of work and incidents to go to, leaving supervisors unable to answer every query. For this reason, if you are having trouble getting an answer to a question, it is recommended that you make a helpdesk ticket to your primary command team or Human Resources.
  • Helpdesk/all departments does an amazing job getting niche needs fixed for me, though sometimes can feel sluggish.
  • Help desk are extremely quick and get responded too quickly and most issues I've had,have been solved within a day or too.

Are you proud to be a member of the PLPD?
Forms response chart. Question title: Are you proud to be a member of the PLPD?. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• 100% I joined traffic this year and plan to rank up and join TFU when applications reopen
  • The PLPD has exceeded all my expectations I had the moment I joined. It's well organized, offers plenty of opportunities, and keeps improving.
  • I like to serve the PLPD as it is, and proud of what I have achieved inside of it.
  • I enjoy the PLPD, sure, it has issues, but they can be addressed as i'm putting in the form.
  • Felt like I have been portrayed in a negative light since December,but during my Duties I feel proud to be seen by some as an officer you can have fun with.

My opinions seem to count.
Forms response chart. Question title: My opinions seem to count.. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• Sure, I feel listened too, though when presenting an idea many who oppose it seem to just wanna call me stupid and shoot it down instead of explaining /why/ that idea may not be good, often leaving me a little discouraged. Though, I have one time presented an idea to the Chiefs about allowing the SawedOff Remington alongside the standard, and I was given in-depth detail about why it specifically wasn't suitable for PLPD use. This was before the policy change affecting the carry of the R870.
  • Sometimes it feels as though people listen, other times it doesn't, it depends on who's listening.
  • Try the other way around and I will create a ticket to Office of Chiefs.
  • I did a suggestion for the PLPD several times but most of the time they think it is not necessery enough to implement
    • Unfortunately, the developers do not have unlimited time to implement every feature; don’t forget that they are volunteering their time and expertise and so have to prioritse features to implement. That being said, with the addition of new developers recently, we will be going through the PLPD Ideas & Suggestions forum soon.

What’s the best thing that has happened to you in the PLPD these past 3 months?
  • Became TFU, it adds alot more of being a police officer not only because of the shootouts but also how you play
  • Being given the chance to be promoted into the command team
  • Making my way to Corporal and hope to become Sergeant very soon.
  • I guess overall progression, both in rank as well as my PLPD skills.
  • I was doing a drug bust and managed to assist my co-workers in locating and getting the suspects
  • There was NO opportunities, somebody needs to die or resign idk.

Most days I receive feedback from my Supervisors and coworkers about my performance.
Forms response chart. Question title: Most days I receive feedback from my Supervisors and coworkers about my performance.. Number of responses: 33 responses.

• Only time i recieved feedback is when i did something wrong
    • This point has been addressed above.
  • Not most days, but I feel like lately people have been praising others more (compared to the previous survey)
  • dont need it, already too good
  • Yes, when patrolling with command members, they seem to notice my indepth law knowledge, or tactics used in the field, and give great feedback via ObsReports.

If you had a magic wand, what's the one thing you would change about PLPD?

• Sergeants should get M4s or more than just a shotgun for when there are no TFOs.
    • If Sergeants wish to have access to more primary weaponry, they should apply to become TFOs so they receive the necessary training and have to follow the additional policies that comes with the responsibility of having access to more tools and weaponry.
  • Haydens hairline
    • Sadly we are unable to requisition the necessary funds.
  • I would love to see more command staff on duty, however i do understand that they have a lot of other work
  • Firstly I would love seeing more command members on duty, currently I see only few of them regurarly, and most of them not at all.
    • This is something being addressed already. Specifically, SMT is tracking the activity of all officers ranked Staff Sergeant and above to make sure their activity is adequate, issuing punishments if not. Currently all command members (except those in Development Services) are currently required to be on duty for at least 4 hours per calendar month.
  • Lowering the warrant requirements to CPL.
    • This is something that has been suggested and denied already.

Is there anything else on your mind which you'd like to tell us?

• Plain clothes supervisors when?
    • This is unfortunately an unrealistic idea and will cause many more problems that it will solve.
  • I would like there to be some form of officer union.

Reaction score
How would you rate the Operational Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Operational Services command team?. Number of responses: 27 responses.

• I'm not sure about what they do, sorry.
    • Major Peter Wolf (Collier) is the Head of Operational Services and is responsible for overseeing the command teams for Patrol, Traffic, Tactical Firearms and Dispatch.
  • I only know their leader, to be fair one of the best command members I've seen around based on the in-game performance.
  • More meetings

How would you rate the Patrol command team?

Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Patrol command team?. Number of responses: 29 responses.

• Right now, many people see Patrol as a "default", without anything to make it special or worth staying instead of going Traffic. Also, I think there's a need for more voluntary basic training for new officers. The taser changes are welcome.
  • Very capable team, comfortable with many of them.
  • Feel like most are there to punish and not support,won't Name names though.have not seen any supporting new officers and helping them become familiar

How would you rate the Road Traffic Unit command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Road Traffic Unit command team?. Number of responses: 32 responses.

• I've noticed that Traffic Officers rarely take out the fast car for chases.
  • I think that the RTU command team is the one i see the least on duty
  • I wish they still required Taser certs before qualifying, as a Patrol main it gave me a good sense of trust/security in their abilities in many situations. Additionally, I wish they actually *focused/prioritized* on traffic situations. Maybe some sort of change can be made through Dispatch and how they manage the resources?
    • Recently, Traffic Command sent out a PM to all traffic officers to remind them that they should be responding to traffic incidents when they occur and are monitoring those who are not.

How would you rate the Tactical Firearms Unit command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Tactical Firearms Unit command team?. Number of responses: 32 responses.

• The influx of new TFO is welcomed.
  • Another one of the best command team members, great performance, attitude and an ok activity compared to other command people. As for the rest of the team, did not ever notice any of them to be on.
  • very good command team

How would you rate the Administrative Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Administrative Services command team?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

• I'm not sure about what they do, sorry.
    • Major Schneider Ficklestein (A1L) is the Head of Professional Standards (née Administrative Services) and is responsible for overseeing Internal Affairs Command, Complaint Committee and the Policy Board. There are also two additional Professional Standard members: Lt. Albrecht Ficklestein (Mini) who oversees the Policy Board and Lt. Jack Morman (Super_) who oversees the Complaint Committee. The Chiefs of Department are also PS members. Professional Standards also deals with infraction disputes, the Probationary Officer scheme, and monitoring of officer conduct.
  • No comments, they do a splendid job!
  • Who?

Somehow this team had the highest average score, but 3 of the 5 written responses said they dont know who they are and what they do, weird huh?

How would you rate the Dispatch command team?

Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Dispatch command team?. Number of responses: 32 responses.

• Always exciting to get online and see a dispatcher (especially one you know) working hard to keep things in order.
  • Only very few can do it correctly

How would you rate the Internal Affairs command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Internal Affairs command team?. Number of responses: 29 responses.

• They're ok in the game but very rarely on anyway, outside of it they seem to be doing an alrioght job.
    • A lot of IA work does not occur on duty however, IA command is subject to the command activity requirements. Every member of IA command is meeting and exceeding the current activity requirements.
  • MATE WE ARE THE BEST WDYM
  • Maybe more assistance as i see them under staffed

How would you rate the Office of the Chiefs of Department command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Office of the Chiefs of Department command team?. Number of responses: 31 responses.

• In game performance is absolutely stellar as far as I have seen, wish they would be active in the game to inspire good behaviour as well as do something about the people who spoil the experience in the ranks of the plpd.
  • This Office of the Chiefs feels eager to see the PLPD improve, and very proactive to the rank and file.
  • John and Hayden are both incredibly nice and are attempting to help newer officers,have had nothing but good interactions with these two.

How would you rate the Human Resources command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Human Resources command team?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

• The survey is a good idea, and I like that you publish the results. The questions are a bit too generic
  • Crackin' job boys.
  • I love Mallard.

How would you rate the Development Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Development Services command team. Number of responses: 28 responses.

• more updates
  • good team
  • I may be the only one, but I'm still hopeful for Blueduck!
    • Unfortunately, due to various issues with the project, Blueduck has been abandoned. Development Services continues to update VanillaBear (the current PLPD.online website) as needed. You can check the latest updates on the version page of PLPD.online.

An Afterword by Deputy Chief of Department John Davids
I would like to thank everyone who responded to the Employee Satisfaction Survey, your responses help us to improve the PLPD experience. While I have not responded to every comment here, please be assured that I have read every response and that all relevant information has been passed to the command teams for them to take action. If you would like to provide any more feedback or would like a response which you have not gotten here, please get into contact with Hayden or I via the PLPD.online helpdesk.

Status
Not open for further replies.