More props/craftables - Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: here

Main Idea: Add in more food items that can be crafted, and other craftable props.

Full description of the idea: So, as explained within the Discussion thread found above, I was explaining as to why we should add more food items (including their "ingredients) and other craftable props (including their "materials"). So, within this, as I have had time to think, I will also include some "mixtures" that I think would be wise to have.

So, essentially, if you didn't read the discussion thread, I'd advise doing so now, although, it's pretty self explanatory.

So, as stated within the discussion thread, I listed a few foods I would have liked to see added. Such as;
  • Fish Fingers
  • Battered Fish
  • Sandwiches (different types, ham, cheese, ham and cheese etc.)
  • Chips/Fries for the Americans
  • Crisps/Chips for the Americans
  • Fresh meat(beef, lamp, pork etc.)
  • More fish types
  • More burger types (cheeseburger, hamburger, beefburger)
  • Tofu (Tom's shop is the reason for this)
So, for example, one of the mixtures used for Fish Fingers would be - Any fish type + egg + bread crumbs. From this mixture, you would make 1 Fish Finger, which you would have made near a Heat Source. Another mixture that could be done, is Tofu, so, a mixture for this, could be something like - water + dry soy beans (soy beans could be implemented, then dried with an oven or something) + salt + lemon juice, this would also be crafted near a heat source, as it is a product of food. So essentially, a lot more sub items would need to be added in to allow the crafting of these food items.

On the discussion thread however, I said about being able to purchase Farm, and use the field to be able to grow the food items, such as corn and stuff. Where someone else said that we should be able to purchase "plots" on the farm, rather than a whole section, where someone else can then purchase say the barn/shack. However, I thought maybe, just like drugs are done within Perp, we could maybe use a pot, and use seeds of the item, if any to craft the item, dependent on what it i, such items such as "tomatoes" "soy beans" and a few other items would be able to be planted, common sense would be used to know which is which, no point in me listing them all.

However, I also discussed different props being implemented too, such as;
  • Rugs/Mats - These can go on the floor inside a house/apartment to make the floor look a little bit nicer, as many of the floors go boring and look pretty bland with the typical furniture.
  • More table types - Fancy tables, with and without table cloths, could add the ability to make an apartment look either much more Rural, or much more Posh for the richer people in Paralake.
  • New beds - King-size beds, single beds, Bed Bunks. These would be able to make people living in an apartment have a more "normal" looking house if they are living with more than one person.
  • Closets
  • Lamps
  • New wall paintings
  • Different clock types - Such as them weird "coo-koo" clocks, and some Grandfather clocks, rather than using a boring clock to time them drugs and such.
  • And the list once again goes on and on.
For example, something like a Closet, would be crafted with Wooden Boards + Hinges + Nails would be able to craft the Closet, with use of the Sawhorse. And an item such as a Rug/Mat, would be crafted with Fabric and possibly a new item such as a "Sewing Machine". Once again, I haven't thought of every single recipe, but that's not my job, my job is simply to suggest these ;).

Why should it be added?: I believe that this suggestion/suggestions should be implemented due to the possible increase in Passive-RP, and the fact that the props/foods at the moment are getting used a lot, and you can't really be very creative with items that we have at the moment. I believe that the addition of new props would be able to make much more creative bases such as a Home layout in slums, regals or suburbs to make it look much more filled rather than either looking bland or really autistic.

Pros:

+ Would increase Passive-RP
+ Make apartments look nicer
+ Bases would look less autistic

Cons:

- May be somewhat difficult to implement all of the items needed to craft
- People may not use the new items enough
- Can't think of a third.

*Other additions: Spreadsheet to show mixtures (WIP)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely! We really need more craftable food so that we have more orgs like trapini pasta. Pizza is a good addition too. As for the furniture, I don't think that's really needed but could be added if xq has nothing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.