Nerf M14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: change the M14's Damage or the Rate of fire to make it less of an automatic laser. At the moment, You may as well be being shot with a Phaser from Star Trek. TFU's body armour Does nothing (Heavy Armour)

Why should this be added? (pros):
No longer will you have users Lasering Cops and Civilians alike with the touch of the button.
No longer will it become the new G3A3 and the New M82
No longer will you have people playing as a Whackamole and being able to hit you 90% of the time.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
People complaining that the M14 is fine as it is.
Could just be a waste of time if this is already planned, I may have missed a Thread when searching

*Other additions: if this change is implemented, then perhaps do some crafting changes for it, like the number of materials needed etc. This meaning, Decrease the number of materials.

Last edited:
Reaction score
M14 is literally fine and rarely gets used. Don't see a problem with it at all as it's weaker than a lot of the other choices you can get for around the same price.

Reaction score
The price it costs to use it already counteracts the pros. Use that nice AWP you just got given to fight against it.

Reaction score
The price it costs to use it already counteracts the pros. Use that nice AWP you just got given to fight against it.
It'd be nice to use this, I just did, but when someone 180's and manages to land 2 shots on you, you're fucked.

Reaction score
The M14 is already bad enough considering the price of it and the ammo, and plus the gun already has dog shit spread compared to the g3 which is better in every way

Reaction score
The thing about the M14 is that it costs 6.2k per magazine to shoot, and that's not accounting for the cost of the magazine itself, only the sniper ammo in it. You also have to craft two boxes of sniper ammo per magazine which itself takes a considerably longer amount of time than any pistol ammo or rifle ammo. Then you have to factor in the cost of the weapon, THEN the magazine.

If I go by 0% taxes, you spend 6.2k on ammunition per magazine, 22.59k on the weapon itself, and then 1.2k for a single magazine. So far the total is 29.9k. But let's assume you want at least six magazines in total with ammo in them.
That's 37.2k for the ammo and 7.2k for the magazines which totals to 44.4k. And that's not even with the cost of the gun factored in.

So assuming you spend nearly 70k per gunfight, I'd say you have earned the right to two-shot anybody to the chest assuming you can hit your target. So if you want to counter this weapon, either you work as a team and overwhelm the shooter, or you counter-snipe by letting the heavy TFU with his shiny new AI L115A3 deal with the M14 first before you cop zerg bazaar and complain that the gun is OP.
This scenario is almost like running face first into a shotgun and complaining that your face doesn't exist anymore. If you give the guy with an M14 an easy target you should probably expect that you WILL die. 180 degree noscope spin or not.

This is a fat no from me.

Reaction score
That's the reason why it is so expensive, no point of nerfing it. If you feel like spending a lot of cash on a gun, why not?

Reaction score
The M14 as a sniper rifle already isn't the best option for sniping. The M14 Functions more as a "Battle rifle" Allowing players to have a general purpose combat weapon with high damage and low recoil. Bodyshot wise, it'd probably take the same amount of time for a TFU to kill an unarmoured criminal with an M4 as it would a criminal with an M14 killing the TFU.

There's no reason at all to nerf it, as it stands its already a very expensive gun to operate (6.2k per magazine refill), its primary purpose as a general combat weapon is already as is outclassed by the cheaper, fully automatic G3A3, so there's no reason to nerf it.

On top of this, TFU get access to the L115A3, which is almost literally just a bolt action M82. The L115A3 was added to the TFU armoury with the sole purpose of countering Battle rifle wielding criminals and so far has worked wonderfully.

Reaction score
Its the same with the G3A3, but its so expensive its counter balanced, like Dom said.

It genuinely costs a fuckton to use these guns in a shootout for ammo etc, that basically no one uses it.

Reaction score
I think you get what you pay for. Not only that but even though you may be able to obliterate cops, someone could get a lucky shot and kill you. Pros of the weapon are really balanced by the price and also the chance of losing the weapon, if that happens.

Reaction score
The M14 is so expensive to run that the balance is there. No often is it used due to the price of running the gun, and the G3A3 is like 10x more OP. I feel like its fine how it is right now.

Reaction score
as most of people said its so expensive gun/ammo
you wont find a lot of people use it and not every gunfight

disagree

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Nerf the M14, whether this be the Damage or the Rate of fire. At the moment, You may as well be being shot with a Phaser from Star Trek. TFU's body armour Does nothing (Heavy Armour)

Why should this be added? (pros):
No longer will you have users Lasering Cops and Civilians alike with the touch of the button.
No longer will it become the new G3A3 and the New M82
No longer will you have people playing as a Whackamole and being able to hit you 90% of the time.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
People complaining that the M14 is fine as it is.
Could just be a waste of time if this is already planned, I may have missed a Thread when searching

*Other additions: n/a

Some feedback, can you please update your suggestion with the actual suggested change instead of just saying “nerf”. The word leaves too much to the imagination. A suggestion should be clear enough so people can give input, “nerf” just causes a unneeded debate. Would be much better if people actually had a specific idea to comment about.
You have a lot of positive votes so some people agree.

Reaction score
Some feedback, can you please update your suggestion with the actual suggested change instead of just saying “nerf”. The word leaves too much to the imagination. A suggestion should be clear enough so people can give input, “nerf” just causes a unneeded debate. Would be much better if people actually had a specific idea to comment about.
You have a lot of positive votes so some people agree.
all the comment are saying it ok and no need to change it mean disagree
+
if a lot of people agree you will find 4 but what i can see

1603538330755.png

mean who disagree is more than who agree

Reaction score
+

View attachment 9589

There are people who agree with it, as the suggestion had gone from - 4 to 4.

Sam

Reaction score
+

View attachment 9589

Are you sure you know how a vote works?
What you can see is the current result, this does not mean that the suggestion does not have many upvotes, as only the result is shown. We know for a fact that this suggestion have several upvotes...

Also, if you are going to reply. Please bring something constructive to the conversation.
Thanks

Reaction score
Are you sure you know how a vote works?
What you can see is the current result, this does not mean that the suggestion does not have many upvotes, as only the result is shown. We know for a fact that this suggestion have several upvotes...

Also, if you are going to reply. Please bring something constructive to the conversation.
Thanks
my friend as everyone know if someone vote Upvoted it remove 1 from Downvoted vice versa mean who disagree is more than who agree by 8 people i dont know how many people agree im not stuff member but all what i can know it show more people who disagree

if im wrong please tell me how its work

Reaction score
my friend as everyone know if someone vote Upvoted it remove 1 from Downvoted vice versa mean who disagree is more than who agree by 8 people i dont know how many people agree im not stuff member but all what i can know it show more people who disagree

if im wrong please tell me how its work
Although that may work like that, that's not how a voting system works, else nothing would get done.

Reaction score
If you are gonna end up nerfing the M14, why not nerf the G3A3? The G3A3 is literally an automatic version of it

The M14 is the only gun I actually enjoy using on perp currently, its become such a stale gamemode that I wanted to switch it up by trying a range of new guns, and when trying the M14, I actually enjoy it.

It cost 6.4K Per full mag (crafting price) but more like 7k atleast PER Mag. The gun should be good for that sort of money. Its not hard to counter the gun, especially with TFU having the new l115 which will insta kill most people

Status
Not open for further replies.