Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: New FBI Job

Short explanation (in notes):
- FBI Job
- Have access to undercover cars
- Helps out with wanted criminals, SWAT Etc

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I think FBI Should be added to the server because it makes more available roles for players to be able to become government workers. Another reason why it should be added is because the FBI can maybe be based in Police Station, City Hall or a new building. They have access to big armed weapons like SWAT but there job includes hunting down wanted criminals etc

Optional additions:
- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107411755
-
-

Reaction score
I don't think an FBI job is needed currently, we have a good police job force, with SWAT and now two sergeants.

Reaction score
The government part of PH is big enough as it is. I think some things to do as citizen are more important.

Reaction score
Its not needed on the server, also I believe this has already been suggested and denied. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

MattIs

We have something in the works buddy, the Detective Job was accepted some time ago, and is under development so hopefully that will give you a bit more stuff to role-play out :)

Ayjay

Reaction score
This will not work at all.

I'm sorry for being so blunt about this, but this really wont work for some quite obvious reasons.

We already have S.W.A.T and even with a full server they are waiting sometimes up to an hour for a callout, and police usually are the people who find and enforce the laws with the people of Paralake.. why do we need someone with Heavy weapons to do this?

The point of having the SWAT team is simply because heavy weapons are not needed 24/7 and they are there for the times when things get out of hand. What you're saying is add a goverment job (when about 3 are currently underused) which is practically a police-swat hybrid.

Theres no point, it'll make SWAT absolutley useless and even police to be honest.

Reaction score
-Support, simply buffs the police even more than they already are. What would this FBI do that the police can't? I mean, they can't go undercover, because it'll take too long for a case to be built up without them just walking in, seeing drugs and going "Freeze motherfucker! FBI!" Which really will just make the police pointless, and just give them the constant go ahead to raid everywhere.

Murtsley

Reaction score
This is the current government jobs within law enforcement:
Police Officer
Sergeant
Lieutenant
SWAT
Speed Enforcer

Now, those 5 make up to a total of 19 people, if all slots are full. On a full server of 60 people, that means 31.667% will be enforcing the law. Removing Speed Enforcer, due to the lack of actual weapons, 28.334% of the entire server are armed law enforcement. 10 of those 17 can carry two pistols, 3 can carry a third, and much more powerful pistol, while 4 of them can carry heavy weaponry, and lots of armour.
One officer (including sergeant, lieutenant and SWAT) will have to take care of 2.42 citizens each. If we only count those that can actually patrol (anyone but SWAT), they will have to take care of 3.15 citizens each. Let's say 15 of those citizens are not doing anything illegal, while another 8 are currently employed (random numbers work all the time). That makes a total of 18 citizens that may be doing something illegal. That means those armed officers will only have to take care of 1.38 citizens each. Considering they have a bit of armour and any form of accuracy, one officer could take on 2 citizens, if they carry a weapon of the same kind. Against assault rifles, the chance is smaller, but it's there. And one SWAT officer can take on approximately 4 citizens, as long all of them aren't shooting at once, and the officer has at something that resembles accuracy.

And you want more? You want FBI, which would basically only respond to raids like SWAT, and perform thorough investigations, that the 'Detective', that is supposedly a WIP, is going to do?
The police force is strong as it is.

(Keep in mind, that if every job was full, there'd be only 25 players that could actually commit any criminal activities, at least if my calculations are correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.