Police Suggestion Introduce MANDATORY po for officers with under 10 hours playtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Introduces a mandatory Po period for officers withunder 10 hours playtime

What benefits would this idea have for the department: doesnt give brand new players a badge gun and a 90 mph car
reduces the ammount of IA's due to less sweaters killing rdming ramming etcra

What potential negatives could this have for the department: none really

Other additions:

Reaction score
this is good since it doesn't fully restrict them to learn, they will most likely patrol with a higher-ranked officer till they learn the ropes and they are able to carry a gun, not a total ban but just keeping them on a leash till they know how to handle things

Reaction score
I think new officers causing havok isnt that common, i feel like all this will do is deter new players from getting into the server as many will get into the server through jobs like the PD as its the easiest way to learn and jump in, though youre now limiting their first 10 hours of gameplay to sitting in someone elses car and waiting to be put on perimiter duty every gunfight.

Reaction score
I'd rather not want to cripple new players too much, making them grind just for a pistol and other benefits would kill a lot of their motivation quick. If there's any problem it's swiftly dealt with regardless. Imagine a Police force with about 4 of them, that's already 4 Officer's with guns less.

10 hours is too much. It does seem like a nice idea but if anything, make it 30 to 60 minutes on the job before they unlock any of it.

Reaction score
I'd rather not want to cripple new players too much, making them grind just for a pistol and other benefits would kill a lot of their motivation quick. If there's any problem it's swiftly dealt with regardless.

10 hours is too much. It does seem like a nice idea but if anything, make it 30 to 60 minutes on the job before they unlock any of it.
i mean 10 hours total playtime not on the job

Reaction score
i mean 10 hours total playtime not on the job
my point still stands, their first 10 hours on the server is now considerably more boring, as they are limited from a huge aspect of the server that for many new players is the sole things helping them learn or introducing them to the server. People want to be in gunfights, and for new players the criminal aspect is very hard to jump into at the start, especially with 0 experience or help from other more experienced players.

Reaction score
my point still stands, their first 10 hours on the server is now considerably more boring, as they are limited from a huge aspect of the server that for many new players is the sole things helping them learn or introducing them to the server. People want to be in gunfights, and for new players the criminal aspect is very hard to jump into at the start, especially with 0 experience or help from other more experienced players.
people say how cop RP is missing in this server and that, yea because the average joe joins in the first 50 minutes of his playtime just to shoot, not EXPLORE or DISCOVER the other aspects of how to police properly, couple of hours ain't that much to show if you're interested in this role, what I'd make of this to be just a couple of hours maybe even three hours

Reaction score
The idea is good if such a system was to be implemented but definitely not 10 hours of total gameplay time in any way otherwise the police force will be more or less useless as the sweater cops might stack hogging slots. Perhaps limit the police job entirely for first x (ex. 1) hour of gameplay would do great so the police officer can get to know the laws as some other job as well as rules and get the grasp of the map.

Reaction score
people say how cop RP is missing in this server and that, yea because the average joe joins in the first 50 minutes of his playtime just to shoot, not EXPLORE or DISCOVER the other aspects of how to police properly, couple of hours ain't that much to show if you're interested in this role, what I'd make of this to be just a couple of hours maybe even three hours
I think this idea would be cool if the time was signifcantly dropped from 10 hours!

2 hours imo seems like a good period of time

Reaction score
I think this idea would be cool if the time was signifcantly dropped from 10 hours!

2 hours imo seems like a good period of time
totally, I wouldn't mind two hours, rather have people experience a couple of things on civ, take time to read rules and laws, hell even experience some of the laws because they might get prosecuted for a couple of minor crimes... they bring that shit to on-duty once their time limit is up and I am 100% they will do a better job than someone who just joined with 0 knowledge that's on their first minutes

Reaction score
in order for new players to learn properly they should be allowed to be issued with all the standard equipment straight away, this will just bore the absolute tears out of new players -support

Reaction score
Any officer with 10 hours playtime probably isnt going to know or understand the process of being a PO And it’s policies and procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.