New rule regarding search warrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pretty much, I recieved a warrant. I wanted to question an officer about it and hand myself in. Wouldn't this be kinda be like me breaking rule 6.2 as I would never know I had been warranted IRL.

When you're warranted it appears on your screen with 5 stars and a description saying something like "You have been warranted for: (reason)" But as I said, you would never know this unless an officer pulled you over/ you saw it on the news etc.

I asked @Alabin and we were discussing the possible addition of a new rule.

Surely this should become a new temporary rule?

Reaction score
No idea what you mean by this post to be honest. You were served a warrant then wanted to ask an officer, how does this violate 6.2? If you could explain more, it might help.

Reaction score
Because the fact that it popped up on my screen, its like seeing drugs through walls etc. IRL you wouldn't see drugs through walls or even know that they were there. So IRL you wouldnt know you have been warranted unless an officer pulled you over or something.

I didnt mean what I did broke 6.2, but that it is similar.

Reaction score
You shouldn't randomly walk up to an officer and ask or call the lieutenant, instead you should talk with officers who come to your door about it. If anything the rules/laws (tbh don't know which) should include that officers must announce they have a warrant upon approaching a property if there was no need for forced entry. (Such as spotting drugs in a window but no gun shots or hostility)

Trande

He wants the little window in the corner saying "You habe been warranted! Reason: ..." removed as far as I understand. + support on this. They see the message pop up and get ready for the raid, what is obviously unrealistic. Fucks over the important suprise moment.

Reaction score
Can't comment as I am lying in bed, can't sleep so on here. Anyways, I think I understand your problem. When really that notification should be removed, as there isn't much reason other than to make people complain about a warrant sooner than later. I would say if the warrant seems confusing, ask the officers at your door of why you received a warrant and talk to them about it. If they don't know, call the lieutenant immediately. So yes using the notice is a bit of meta gaming, but we should mandate that officers state to the owner they have a warrant and will use force if necessary to gain entrance.

Reaction score
I believe Mr.Nice is refering to Rule 3.2, the rule about metagaming. :)
What happened was that he got warranted when riding around in his car after the burgular alarm went of in his Hick Town trailer.
In real life he would not of know that the officers got a warrant to move into his property in such a fast sequence of events as this was.
Police may of moved in to arrest any burgulars barricaded inside.

In most cases the owner is present at his property when the police issue the warrant, as this wasn't the case I discussed it with Mr.Nice and told him to act as if he did not know about the warrant as he was driving around in his car at the time.

Reaction score
I would like to see the message pop-up removed, because it makes people metagame. Less interface, more interaction :)

Reaction score
God, I really over complicated this. Sorry all! (facepalm)

No worries man :) It was a good talk and I believe it has the potential to be added into a new rule or update of an already existing one.

I believe 2 aproaches to "solving" this could be:

1. As Fexxe just said above, either the pop-up message with the 5 GTA-styl stars are removed, this would most probably be beneficial for the police when conducting raids and prevent criminals inside the property getting a heads up before the police moves in.

2. Just an idea, but perhaps it should be added into a new rule in the "5.0 - Criminal activity rules"-section. Have in mind this would still mean that the 5 stars pop-up would be present whenever recieving a warrant.
Maybe something along the lines of:

"5.7 Arrest Warrants - When recieving any warrant from the Paralake Police Departement, outside of bank robberies, you are not to take into consideration or act upon it unless informed prior by an LEO of an incoming search/arrest warrant on you or your property."

That could obviously be written in a better way but it's just a though at this point

Ayjay

Reaction score
The thing is when you gain a warrant status, you are alerted in-game and imagine in real life? A warrant process is a long thing, and usually you are given a letter or some kind of notice in real life telling you that you have a warrant placed on you. If you do have a warrant, you would know in real life; maybe it's not a few seconds after actually getting it but you would know, surely?

Also, if it is a search warrant and police are outside your door; why not go outside and cooperate with them rather than shooting at them - Most of the time situations can be resolved using words rather than bullets. However, regarding your orginal idea - This isn't needed simply because when receiving a warrant in real life you would get a letter or some kind of phone call telling you that you have it placed on you and in-game you pretty much can act like that has happened. It's slightly like the time-scale of the jail sentences, you're not actually going to jail for years but your character role plays it like he/she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.