Not being alowed to come back at all during a raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm just gonna get to the point, I've had this happen to me a lot of times mainly when being raided by the police.

After fighting for your live in a police raid and you have almost won just to bad that 10 minuts have past SWAT and other officer who have died have respawned and don't have NLR anymore, respond to a panic at the curent place of the raid and you can start over again, people inside the base run out of ammo and your just a dead man.

Also I'd like to point out with a total of 16 Officers an SWAT killing them all is basicly already imposible if they just hide and call for back up again, making you just unable to win if you are being raided by SWAT.

-This can also be the case with normal raid, but this rarely hapends.

Deleted member 5920

I think that if you kill all of them, they shouldn't come back point blank.

Reaction score
I really think there should be a limit, SWAT can keep on coming back with more ammo and stuff like that i just think it is OP really... Like if you die once i dont think you should come back, because the Players cant come back. like They can just respawn wait some minutes and just come back over and over untill the people inside the building is dead..

Last edited:
Reaction score
How about they, oh I don't know, Re-warrant the place normally instead of going off of one officer's account of 'THEY'RE SHOOTIN' SEND DA SWAT!

Reaction score
you can win the raid just by killing all of them before the first NRL turns out. and trust me it happeneds more then once to me as a police officer, even if i play as an officer rarely

Reaction score
I agree with manner on this one. You should do your best to avoid shoot outs with police officers and if you do manage to kill them why dont you try to escape? Your life is worth more then your drugs so that shouldnt be a reason.

Reaction score
I think this idea is great, i've been in many raids as a citizen when SWAT, Just dies and just comes back
And it's impossible to win...

05.gif

Ayjay

Reaction score
Upon respawning and after NLR, anything you hear in that time is completley in a new character and you have to treat the situaiton like you're a new person - This means that you do not know anything from your previous life and that even if you died in the raid before you don't know anything about it.

The point of this system in the police force especially, is to give people a cooldown and make it fair for the oposition to get rid of evidence and have a fair chance of winning. In a real life situation, if a gun-fight is going on then lots more units would be sent to the area and this is what the NLR system is representing. You're coming back as a new life and finding out that there is a raid in progress; you get plently of time to actually secure the area and remove all the evidence from the raid before people are respawned and come back, and do remember the most people on a police force is 15.

-support to this.

Reaction score
-Support

The reason we allow Police to return to a raid as soon as their NLR timer is over (provided their character is aware of the situation in their new life) is to emulate that no matter how many Police Officers you kill there will always be reinforcements. I mean, let's compare it to real life a violent drug raid or hostage situation, in any US city these types of situations wouldn't end in 15 LEOs getting killed and the Perpetrators walking free. What I'm trying to say is that in these types of situations it is inevitable that the Police 'win' the raid, the actions that you should take to avoid capture is to simply make a runner. Think about it logically, you've murdered up to 15 officers, the last thing you'd want to do is replant and await the same confrontation.

You may ask why this type of reasoning doesn't apply to regular Civilian vs Civilian raids? Well as you all know (hopefully) Rule 5.3 states that:

"a player must wait 10 minutes after his NLR has expired before returning to a property with the intent of trespassing"

Obviously the Police are exempt from this law but the reason it exists and is specifically applicable to regular Civilians is simply due to the fact that the original trespassers have died and there is no 'continuous' attack to emulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.