Police Suggestion Option for Trainers to be assigned to applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Reaction score
https://plpd.online/forum/thread/option-for-trainers-to-be-assigned-to-applications.17
@nutrient10

Brief description of idea: The overall idea is to add an option for Trainers to assign themselves an application (or be assigned one) much how like helpdesk tickets and IA complaints work.

While this is a relatively small addition, I believe it would be extremely useful to Trainers and Command Teams as, while this has always really happened, I've noticed that when I'm marking an application and submit it, I find out that another Trainer has just submitted it moments before I did and now I've wasted my time marking that application, or vice versa.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
This will save a lot of time for Trainers as they will know when an application is in progress and won't mark that application. I believe this will also give a slight boost in morale for trainers as nobody likes to spend their time doing something that effectively means nothing at the end of the day. This also gives trainers more of a chance to mark applications

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
There's a possibility that applications may be assigned to a trainer and then left unattended but if trainers are doing their jobs properly this shouldn't be an issue, please more discuss below.

Other additions:
If you think anything else could be added please discuss below.

Sam

Reaction score
Something like this will be done in the near future. We will probably lock (for like 5 minutes) a specific app to a specific trainer, instead of assigning people.

Status
Not open for further replies.