Police Suggestion TFU Application rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Rework the application, its currently a bit excessive the amount that is expected for applicants and TFTOs to write/review. Literally no need for this much work to become a virtual swat member, I've seen word requirements less than tfu apps on essays

What benefits would this idea have for the department: less work for tftos applicants, a bit more obvious what you're actually marked on and doesn't require someone to write filler text.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Less information provided to a person

Other additions: Not sure if the PLPD update covers this

Reaction score
@Greg Because people didnt Have a fucking clue on how to use flash bangs, C2, etc. And were being straight away assessed on their ability to use them

Reaction score
Why should we remove stage 1 and 2, benji has said he's making it slightly easier where you have multiple choice questions more than writing. Stage 2 is piss easy, just attend the stage and learn, litteraly no way to fail it unless you don't attend.

Reaction score
I was mainly implying that along with tactics, aim needs to be more heavily assessed on because not being funny some of these TFU dont know their arse from their elbow with a gun regardless of knowing how to flash and C2.

Reaction score
You may have confused my reply to you, I was meaning to send it to @Kempotent who said remove stage 1&2.

TFU are already heavily assessed on these and if they are starting to lack in these areas then they will most likely be retrained.

Reaction score
@Greg we aren't strict, I.E if they accidentally fuck up a flash then we won't send them for training. We generally try to use training as a last resort. Sometimes a tfo requests some training.

WE don't expect them to kill like everyone in a raid, it's a game, but if they are running in, guns blasing, no care for officers etc, then that is where the line is drawn.

Benji might be able to answer your question further.

Reaction score
Devs don't need to change the application at all, that's commands decision.

Its in the works as benji has stated and may take time.

Reaction score
@Samuel of course, the proposed changes, however, there's still going to be some training for this heavy tfu for everyone as people didn't like how "tfu weren't trained".

Status
Not open for further replies.