Police Suggestion TFU Application rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Rework the application, its currently a bit excessive the amount that is expected for applicants and TFTOs to write/review. Literally no need for this much work to become a virtual swat member, I've seen word requirements less than tfu apps on essays

What benefits would this idea have for the department: less work for tftos applicants, a bit more obvious what you're actually marked on and doesn't require someone to write filler text.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Less information provided to a person

Other additions: Not sure if the PLPD update covers this

Reaction score
@A1L you're reply makes no sense. Why does me being sergeant have anything to do with this?

"if you can't explain or understand the situation;"
Don't think you understood my point.

Reaction score
" If you dont want to show that much dedication, are you really willing to put effort into being a decent TFU member? "
While you make a good point about dedication I really don't think it requires writing 600+ words to become a virtual swat member

" If it was easier to get in, we would have less quality TFU members "
Don't understand how you can try argue that point, surely stage 2/3 should filter out non-quality officers as being TFU is about ingame work not writing.

A1L

Reaction score
@CaughtRed My reply clearly makes no sense, I'm terribly sorry sir. I'm just saying that you're a sergeant in the department, and you're complaining about writing "pointless" essays. Maybe you should just write about what the situation is; that you should be able to understand and what you would do, instead of writing a "pointless" essay, if you don't want to show that you're suitable for the role, then don't apply? It's simple as really.

I did understand your point, your point being that you can't be bothered to write your TFU Application cause you think you have to write essays worth to even pass your stage 1, if that's what you think, you're doing it all wrong. Sorry to tell you, but it makes complete sense in the way you're probably wasting more time writing useless stuff in your application than you're actually answering the question.

Reaction score
@A1L
"that you should be able to understand and what you would do, instead of writing a "pointless" essay, if you don't want to show that you're suitable for the role, then don't apply? "
Sure, doesn't mean I can't give critisism back though.

" I did understand your point, your point being that you can't be bothered to write your TFU Application cause you think you have to write essays worth to even pass your stage 1, if that's what you think, you're doing it all wrong. Sorry to tell you, but it makes complete sense in the way you're probably wasting more time writing useless stuff in your application than you're actually answering the question. "

Eh no not quite. The point I was trying to push across was you shouldn't need filler text but just get right to the point in the questions so you don't need to reach the min word count and waste everyones time

A1L

Reaction score
@CaughtRed I never said you can't give criticism, and for your second point, from the looks of it is what I'm saying it looks like that, and I mean it'd be based off the principles of TFU which Benji has said before I'm pretty sure.

Patience
Safety
Prevention
Communication
Coordination
Playing smart

I mean, you're putting them as the question in the TFU Application, and if you are, base it off them? You don't have to write essays just for it to pass

Reaction score
Yes I over-exaggerated my point however what I was trying to get across is for the whole application you're required to write 600-700 words mininum? (Correct me if I'm wrong) this is quite a lot for a position like TFU.

//Ignore my point about how its more obvious what you're marked on. Poor wording on my behalf. What I meant was it would mean you don't need to add all this pointless filler text to push across something you said that would gain you one mark, if that makes sense.

Sam

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Rework the application, its currently a bit excessive the amount that is expected for applicants and TFTOs to write/review. Literally no need for this much work to become a virtual swat member, I've seen word requirements less than tfu apps on essays

What benefits would this idea have for the department: less work for tftos applicants, a bit more obvious what you're actually marked on and doesn't require someone to write filler text.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Less information provided to a person

Other additions: Not sure if the PLPD update covers this

If you read the General Discussion @Momo posted you will see that when we sat down over a month ago, planning the new website and future of the PD the content of this suggestion was discussed. And is also outlined in the plan, that will go active when the website is done.

Reaction score
@Husky You'd like someone who has been banned for 2.5 and has infractions or recent infraction for a shooting violation?
I think this: "just a recently clean bans or infractions record. " should be fine.

Reaction score
@Zepol leave it out hahahaha
I think it would be better without it so newer players and cops can actually have a chance at killing a civilian who is armed with an ak

Status
Not open for further replies.