Organisation API

Reaction score
Description of the idea:
We have a perpheads web api, but it’s a little empty right now and the only one I’ve ever got to use practically is the city information branch. I think another couple of headers should be added to the API, it should go

api.perheads.com -> organisations(public list of orgs) -> org name(shortened) ->
-members
-description
-ranks
-experience
-relationships

On the organisation menu in-game the game should generate you a token (much like the one you get from /auth/steam) which you can then use as your x-auth header and get access to only your organisation data, should it get comprised there should be a button to reset the token and grant a new one. “Manage API settings” could also be a permission to grant. Information on what the compressed org name (shortened) should also be shown on this page. It could simply just split on spaces and be ContinentalHotel (for example).

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • It would be good for people like me who are more practical in that field
  • Would make making organisation websites and apps a whole lot easier
  • Would give useful data you could do a lot with

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Not much demand for it
  • Would be hard to make for potentially only being used by me and a few others

*Other additions:
I’m making a web app for my org right now, pretty far in but an API like this would have made it so much easier than the system I’ve got right now. I’ve also heard quite a few other people talking about something like this. I think overall more data on the API would be great and it could sprout much more creativity in the community.

Reaction score
Do you want it so everyone can see everyone else's members etc via this API? Or you can have an API key for your specific org? I don't think having the first way I mentioned would be good because some people may want to keep that information private such as org members.

Reaction score
  • Staff
As I said on the f3 menu people with permissions (manage api or something) can access the api key and you use that as your token to access only your orgs data. It’d be more practical this way, and you could reset your token if anybody gets access to it.

Reaction score
I would love this just because I like to code absolutely useless things aslong as I enjoy making it.
Idk how hard it is to implement this though, and for that reason I dont think there is much point. Whenever someone truly has an idea for something and wants to make it, if they need API access developers will give them it, an example is paralake.cars, it seems a little excessive seeing as an extremely little amount of people would use it.

Reaction score
Not to mention this is legit an API for just your org members and ranks etc. Maybe 1 or 2 orgs will use it to see a list of their members and thats it.
At most someone would create a full web system to manage their org from, but still seems like something no one will do, because well, why?
It would be fun to do, but seems like too much work for it.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Yeah that's one of the big negatives, how many people will really use it.

Deleted member 4116

Deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
  • Staff
I think it just depends on the demand for it. In the past I've seen people ask for this but I think it should only be implemented if enough people actually want to use it or to see it in use.