Paralake Executive

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date

Deleted member 5577

Description of the idea: Creation of the Executive of Paralake

Every three months there would be an election to elect 3 people who would have control over the laws for that period, they would have other responsibilities such as making decisions on legal disputes.

To avoid tyranny and laws no one wants there would be a brief constitution drawn up which could only be changed by referendum, this constitution would lay out the right of the people to bear arms, the requirement for an election every 3 months, and the general powers of the executive. This would make it much less prone to abuse through staff being able to enforce the constitution as well as the PLPD.

This idea would be similar to the idea of the council and I have some ideas on how to run this but I think where it previously failed was @TinySlayer ran out of time / lost interest in the council project so maybe we could build as we go, start off by not having a website and just having things run on the forums in the open. Have activity requirements for members of the executive so if they lose interest and just drop off the radar they can be easily replaced.

I am more than happy to make some draft documents and further develop this idea but I would like some more input from everyone. I hope you can see I have spent some time listening to your suggestions and really hope to get this idea off the ground.

Why should this be added? (pros): Having dedicated people to understand the laws and make decisions on problems that arise would be very beneficial especially as most law update suggestions haven’t been looked at for ages.

What negatives could this have? (cons):

@Samuel and @Inchs brought up the possibility of tyranny but I hope the constitution idea addresses this?

*Other additions: [list here]

Last edited by a moderator: