Paralake FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/paralake-fm.37236/

Main Idea:

To create a new custom radio for paralake

Full description of the idea:

To get a list of songs and any idea's people have for a paralake radio station and try take everyone's idea's and add them into a radio station from songs to anything else people would like to see within the radio station

Why should it be added?:

I've heard a lot of people in game and out game talking about getting paralake FM back, I have experience as a DJ, I've done a few radio shows myself and would be willing to assist in any way possible to get this idea up and running

Pros:

- People would enjoy this
- Would be unique to Perpheads server

Cons:

- Could take some time to get up and running
- Could possible run into some problems which could cause setbacks

Reaction score
It's already been a thing, twice in fact. The initial hype might be there and people like it at first, but eventually people just don't use it, the people that get assigned the DJ rank just don't end up doing much, and after a while it is just a complete flop. Considering it hasn't worked twice, I don't see how it would suddenly work a third time, especially as there are a lot of issues surrounding having a radio station, last time if I am correct, Roj who ran the second version of Paralake FM, got fined for copyrighted music or something along the lines of that.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, copyright would be a good point, When I done my radio shows a wee while ago the station already had rights to play all the music, and I no longer do any radio shows so not sure how I would go about getting the rights for music.

Reaction score
I would happily be one of the DJ's got everything I would need apart from rights for songs not sure how I would go about that but if we could get some dj's and the rights to music then I would happily try my best to get it up and running

Reaction score
It was a thing but then everyone forgot about it then they made it a thing again and everyone forgot about it once again

Reaction score
regarding the copyright issue; there are providers for the stream that take care of licensing; not sure if this happened but if Roj got a fine like @Mage said, that'd be because the dutch BUMA/STEMRA are litteraly money jews that asked such high prices services like radionomy are not legal here

Reaction score
I could do a bit of research into it see what I can find out because I know its different when doing radio shows because the stations buy rights and stuff to play the music, but im not sure because I've never had to purchase rights for anything because when I privately DJ at clubs and stuff I've never had a problem with that. I only really know a bit about getting rights for my own songs and remixes I produce. So would need to do a bit of research for rights to play on a radio. Dont know what it would be like for a private radio station only accessed by Perpheads community.

Reaction score
I'd be willing to work with you, always working with Music anyways, usually just live streaming mixes or making remixes and producing, Ecleast this would give me purpose lol

Status
Not open for further replies.