PLPD | Currently proposed changes

Reaction score
Why waste the effort though when they can be assessed by their ability to raid an actual property, a skill which will also be incredibly useful for their experience as a TFTO.

Reaction score
  • Chief of Department
  • Deputy Chief of Department
  • Major
    • Line managers
  • Captain
  • Lieutenant
    • Command members
  • Sergeant
  • Corporal
  • Senior Officer
  • Officer
  • Probationary Officer
Not much change here? Or am I blind?

Reaction score
Me and Mimball have been working together to come up with some beneficial additions to traffic. I would be more than willing to sit down and listen, and maybe we can pass on everything we find. I do agree with the removal of primary weapons for traffic however, we will still have pistols!

Reaction score
@BigBenji Trainer Role will be introduced. It:
  • Has one reserved slot
  • Can do in game training and leads all TFU
  • Can demote TFU
  • Give access to training grenades

Reaction score
Make some actual suggestions then for what you would like to see. Besides this, we don't much freedom either. The objective given was to simplify the PD.

Reaction score
Traffic has had a tonne of things, patrol has not, We need to make the PD Simpler and not so complicated. Traffic being a secondary division is not bad, You are mainly meant to focus on traffic incidents, yet you see them responding to incidents that patrol should be going to.

Reaction score
There is no need to reduce HP or remove primary weapons. The original plan was also to make the high vis equipable as opposed to what presumably will be forced to wear? I also don't see why we should have to gear up, it should stay as a primary division in this case.

Reaction score
I do, and have done for a very long time. You can't tell me you don't have much freedom if you're literally in charge of all PD changes.

Reaction score
On a side note if I’m reading this correctly, you will be able to swap between both sets of gear. Meaning you won’t be limited per say. If you really want a primary firearm for a patrol, it seems as though you can have that option until you choose to gear up as traffic.

Mim

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fair to sit and claim to make the PD less complicated when your division isn’t really being affected.

As Tyla said most of the changes for RTU are things that take away the use of the things we have tried to implement. New automated applications practically male trainers redundant and force us to rather than prevent bad quality officers getting in but to sort them out after the fact.

The only thing changing to patrol is they have every officer in the PD and a bit of a new name. Rather than simplifying the PD we should be addressing the issues separately.

Reaction score
It's really brill that changes are being publicly announced beforehand, thanks for that. R

Removal of light gear will need policy changes to prevent 6 heavy TFU afking at PD like old-swat. Also, can you give more information about your replacements of light gear with the idea we all wanted 4 years ago @Creepis xoxoxo.

Also, seems a bit unfair to rank-block new "light gear", there are plenty of brilliant seniors and corporals who patrol in light gear and use it correctly and to its full potential yet you're making it so only supervisors (could mean LTs+?)

Again, thank you for posting this before though xoxo

Reaction score
RTU do attend most, if not all traffic incidents. Of course RTU officers are going to respond to other incidents when most of the incidents aren't traffic related. Can't just expect us to sit around doing nothing. I think lowering armour and removing primary weapons from a traffic officer is stupid because we'll still be expected to respond to shootouts, etc.

Reaction score
@Tyla Jai I can't do whatever I want that's simply not how it works. At the end of the day the senior staff team and development services have the final say especially in these matters.

Reaction score
@Hayden Yeah I agree, there is only so many traffic incidents to respond to. What is the thinking behind the changes beside "making the PD less complicated" which doesnt really make sense. These changes seem to complicate things in their own right.