• It can stay how it is

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • I dont really care.

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If you implement that system it has to be mandatory or there is no point what-so-ever having it. If you divide the department into two parts where you have one under-trained or differently trained part that does not know proper procedure and then another one that went through a training program it won't help at all. As you will have people running around not knowing what to do, just like now.
I completely agree, but to expect every single officer to devote a lot of effort, to that extent, into the role is pretty far fetched.

Making them non mandatory solves a lot more issues than it causes, they can all award a certificate or insignia of sorts to actually symbolize that Officer being qualified in the region, which like I said beforehand, divides them from the Officers that'd rather just relax and play the server in a more laid back way. It means the PLPD supports more styles of play which is exactly how it should be.

Reaction score
I think TFU should be told clearly in a policy that they should stay in PD until called upon.
Simple.
I don't think restricting them down to that is necessary, however slightly changing it to they should stay on standby until a firearm situation arises, or at least a situation that puts lives at risk should work.

Allowing them to patrol is fine, its actually somewhat better since they're ready to deploy to a situation constantly. Its just the situations they sometimes choose to deploy to thats the issue, in my opinion.

Reaction score
I completely agree, but to expect every single officer to devote a lot of effort, to that extent, into the role is pretty far fetched.

Making them non mandatory solves a lot more issues than it causes, they can all award a certificate or insignia of sorts to actually symbolize that Officer being qualified in the region, which like I said beforehand, divides them from the Officers that'd rather just relax and play the server in a more laid back way. It means the PLPD supports more styles of play which is exactly how it should be.

Not really, if you don't wish to police at a competent and serious way there's no point joining the department.

Reaction score
pd is rubbish now, it's too much sweats trying to get a high rank, it was better when everyone was the same and a few people were given ranks, not everyone, thats boring and doesn't feel like an accomplishment anymore.
also POs should just be removed and put them straight to officer, they passed the test to get into the PD why make them have no gun for ages it's boring and just makes them die more.

Reaction score
Not really, if you don't wish to police at a competent and serious way there's no point joining the department.
You need to take a step back and actually observe the server this police force is actually apart of. With the quality of roleplay from everyone, expecting people to play that seriously is a joke. Which is why when you make it optional, you open up a fluent path for both sides.

I completely agree that people that join the police force should be accepting a more serious role within the community, but not to the extent of them actually being driven away from the role and potentially the server as a whole because of an incredibly intimidating set of courses that they must complete.

Reaction score
vv
We do not ignore your concerns. I clearly said in my post that we are working on the current policies. Instead of complaining, make a policy suggestion and send it to me.
Wokay is that why you told me that because you are head of PSD you won't be changing it/will be denying the policies that would be added to change this? lmao. IDK whats worse the PD or the staff discretion rule...

Reaction score
pd is rubbish now, it's too much sweats trying to get a high rank, it was better when everyone was the same and a few people were given ranks, not everyone, thats boring and doesn't feel like an accomplishment anymore.
also POs should just be removed and put them straight to officer, they passed the test to get into the PD why make them have no gun for ages it's boring and just makes them die more.
^that

the struggle of being a po is mindblowing, maybe because some people didn't go through the process it wouldn't be so aids.

Sam

Reaction score
vv

Wokay is that why you told me that because you are head of PSD you won't be changing it/will be denying the policies that would be added to change this? lmao. IDK whats worse the PD or the staff discretion rule...

So, I am not head of PSD. If you actually stayed active in the PD you would know this. But I guess you will not be an officer for long as you have such hate towards the PD, you can easily resign via a helpdesk ticket to People Services. Just because you believe a policy should be changed, does not mean we will change it. Yes, I denied a TFU policy change and told them to rewrite as it was badly worded and could easily be misused.

Reaction score
I mean I really CBA to write a pm as the plpd website takes like 5 mins to load for me everything else is fine but I mean feel free to demote me if you want. And yea there is some policeys that do need to be changed like the one about other officers driving the van as like its a phat loophole in it.

Reaction score
Another problem is the fact shit officers can get high ranks by simply licking people's asshole's dry. Some corporal's have completely no idea and the scenario's which i have seen they have dealt with them so shit.
lets not slander, command decides, ik where your coming from, they vote on the promotions

Reaction score
Another problem is the fact shit officers can get high ranks by simply licking people's asshole's dry. Some corporals have completely no idea and the scenario's which I have seen they have dealt with them so shit.
I mean I do have to say from what my experience used to be the academy was one that was a real big problem with having a friendship circle i mean its not the worst now and yes some of these high ranking officers/command team members deserve their spaces but some do not at all and would be better off as senior officers.

Reaction score
New players (not everyone of course) are easily thrown away because of it quite simply being whitelisted, say what you want, but some people quite simply aren't interested in the need to go through multiple stages and then have to wait several weeks, months to earn a promotion. I haven't been there to see it for a while now, but I really doubt it's changed much if at all. People get lazy and inconsistencies happen all around around the top, I hear it quite regularly from friends still, which ruins the whole point of having such a neat structure to the PD in the first place. Sure a whitelist allows you to have more control over what happens, but was there really a need for it? Especially if some people aim for the top just for the sake of being there, rather than contributing consistently. The only complaints at the time were that "SWAT is retarded" and how every other cop is a "sweater", rather than legitimate reasons, back in early 2016.

Also you gotta look aside from just the PLPD thing, it is probably a factor, but there are other changes that happened which clearly made players run away from the server, you can't use GMOD dying as an excuse, because it still maintains the same average players (throughout the day) as it did back when the server was doing amazing, really.

Oh and the SWAT van is still aids from what I've heard.

Reaction score
how about you dont rate my post dumb, TFU Need to be mobile,they do traffic stops ETC AND NOT JUST SHOOTOUTS

Why should TFU do traffic stops?

Do you see highly armed police with snipers on their back do traffic stops in the city?

I thought not.

lets not slander, command decides, ik where your coming from, they vote on the promotions

No its not slander because its true. When I was an officer I went for a good 3-4 months, and I eventually lost all commitment near the end. I attended most training events, I was believed to be active, yet I received no recognition but a thanks for your service when I resigned. Why, because I didn't have an ass to lick. I didn't beg on the radio to patrol with a high rank just to get an obs report. I apologise for ranting about myself, but I'm sure this is not a problem for only me.

Faceless command vote on people they never seen, so how can they possibly come to a valid decision. His point is completely correct there are many people in the PD who act as if they were fasttracked to their rank, while there are people like Ermak who bust a nut and stay committed yet get zilch. The PD has things to "tweak" most certainly they do.

Deleting and banning opinion isn't the way of going around it either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
how about you dont rate my post dumb, TFU Need to be mobile,they do traffic stops ETC AND NOT JUST SHOOTOUTS
They definitely do not need to do Traffic Stops. They should only respond to firearm situations and volatile ones to the extent of lives being in danger since you don't have to flag onto TFU if youre apart of the unit, you can always flag off when nothing is happening and go and patrol. Thats how they're meant to be.

Reaction score
Why should TFU do traffic stops?

Do you see highly armed police with snipers on their back do traffic stops in the city

Do you see criminals running with Ak's and grenades and multi million dollar cars in a real city? TFU is litterly an adaptation of what the criminals are throwing at us. Right now Paralake is more like Brazil than anything else, armed police having to 'cleanse' extremely violent and dangerous cities because the criminals are taking over

Reaction score
They definitely do not need to do Traffic Stops. They should only respond to firearm situations and volatile ones to the extent of lives being in danger since you don't have to flag onto TFU if youre apart of the unit, you can always flag off when nothing is happening and go and patrol. Thats how they're meant to be.
Traffic stops by TFU is a small advantage for police considering there would be another maximum of 6 officers enforcing the law and not once have I seen TFU prioritizing a traffic stop over a high risk situation. It gives them something to do while having the added benefits of having slightly more officers enforcing the law and having them not just eat away at city funds inside PD

Reaction score
Traffic stops by TFU is a small advantage for police considering there would be another maximum of 6 officers enforcing the law and not once have I seen TFU prioritizing a traffic stop over a high risk situation. It gives them something to do while having the added benefits of having slightly more officers enforcing the law and having them not just eat away at city funds inside PD
>Gives TFU something to do
>More officers enforcing the law

So if TFU are already enforcing the law, why should officers do it anyway? Its like your advocating for TFU to overtake normal officers.

If TFU have nothing to do then they should throw their TFU gear off and do some actual supervising for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.