Votes: 36 45.0%
  • I dont really care.

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there everybody!

So lately I've been thinking about how goddamn complicated PLPD is. I want to know what everyone's opinions are on PLPD as it is right now.

Reaction score
Honestly,

I dont think PLPD is complicated, atleast for me.
Yes, it might be complicated for the new people whom sign themselfs up onto PLPD but it all takes a little practice to get familiar with the system.

You could always ask help regarding the PLPD from the lovely support page on PLPD.online or just ask anyone from the PLPD if you have any trouble with something or whenever you are confused.

Reaction score
I personally find it quite interesting the way it is, it essentially seems to me that the PLPD caters to the more serious side of the server heavier than any other job/faction does which sort of balances the server in my eyes. I am having a grand time as a Probationary Officer, learning new things by the hour, however, sometimes I feel as if I am too slow with giving tickets and jailing which makes me anxious, especially because the higherups are always watching me like they are supposed to do.

Reaction score
I personally find it quite interesting the way it is, it essentially seems to me that the PLPD caters to the more serious side of the server heavier than any other job/faction does which sort of balances the server in my eyes. I am having a grand time as a Probationary Officer, learning new things by the hour, however, sometimes I feel as if I am too slow with giving tickets and jailing which makes me anxious, especially because the higherups are always watching me like they are supposed to do.
You should never worry about being too slow when writing down a ticket or jail sentence. Take the time you need :)

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the lack of a firearm on POs creates a dilemma for them in dangerous situations and, in case they get caught up in one by chance, there should be some form of protocol or policy to dictate their plan of action, as there's a lot of things that POs haven't learnt or experienced so they might become confused.

definitely not suggesting that POs should obtain firearms, however.

Aside from that, I think the attitude towards POs is generally relatively accepting and they're given all the resources they need to learn properly and at a decent rate.

Reaction score
See, having a cadet academy training officers for situations would benefit every officer in the department.

Learning policies and tactics before you go out in the streets does actually give you a very big benefit in which helps you conducting police work without multiple issues.

Reaction score
The police system has always been the main feature of the server that stood out for me since I actually enjoy trying to fit into a role within the server and play it properly rather than running around as a civilian waiting for somebody to give me a reason to shoot them.

Internal policies stretch incredibly far, restricting a lot of gameplay but thats the sort of authentic police experience most serious players are looking for and it honestly makes it more interesting. Its a shame that apparently there was some issues with people not respecting the rank of superior officers, and honestly people that do that should receive a pretty strict punishment.

My only issue is how, at least when I played cop some time last year, it seems that most progress it made through just playtime and your individual actions that credit your ability to do certain things aren't necessarily monitored at all. There was plenty of times where I had been on a patrol with a Sergeant and pulled off some impressive stuff for them to just try and take credit since they were the backseat roll "guiding" me. But realistically, they sit in the car and let you do everything so they can write an Observation Report, and then 50% of the time they don't even end up providing one for you.

Since I'm getting back into Perpheads and PLPD more specifically, with my good friend @Denny whom is new to the gamemode, I hope things like this have made an improvement for his sake especially so hes not left with a sour impression.

Sam

Reaction score
Yes the police department got a complicated structure, most big organizations have a complicated structure.

It needs to be simplified because it's too realistic now
In what way can we improve? and how is it too realistic?

The PD is currently undergoing an internal review to find areas to improve on. We have planned serveral things such as,

- Remaking PLPD-Online
- Remaking the Officer application process
- Changes to the PDs armory
- Changes to the PD vehicle fleet
- Policy changes
- Changes to ranks and administrative positions

Feel free to PM me if you have suggestions or concerns. The PD is far from perfect but we are trying to improve every day.

Reaction score
Maybe less focus on observation reports. Some officers happen not to beg to patrol with high ranks for obs reports so just fly under the radar. I did that for 3 or 4 months before I kicked the bucket.

Reaction score
to find areas to improve on.
Do you just ignore everything people say about the SWAT Van?
I know people say the SWAT Van is perfectly balanced which it can be but I just think there needs to be more policys about how its used as its just used as something that the PD use unrealistically to annoy criminals and it will get to the point where people will see certain TFU on duty and decide not to raid. If everyone used the SWAT van like others do then I doubt raids would ever be won by the criminals, its already basically a cops vs robbers situation already but its just making it worse.

Reaction score
I know people say the SWAT Van is perfectly balanced which it can be but I just think there needs to be more policys about how its used as its just used as something that the PD use unrealistically to annoy criminals and it will get to the point where people will see certain TFU on duty and decide not to raid. If everyone used the SWAT van like others do then I doubt raids would ever be won by the criminals, its already basically a cops vs robbers situation already but its just making it worse.
When I played as a cop, there was times where I'd see like 2-4(I think) TFU just doing regular patrols in the range rover to partake in traffic stops and so on. I believe somebody back then told me there was policies to stop that but it didn't seem like it and honestly as a Senior Officer at the time it made it feel like the entire force revolved around TFU which was very demotivating. Especially since they're not a faction, they can literally flag off and return to regular police gear whenever they want, they just didn't.

TLDR: Not only did they take over every firearm situation, it felt like they were now just dominating every single criminal activity.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Ive thought about this a lot really. Personally, with the whitlist and new drugs is making it way too hard and complicated for new players to make money. Obviously, for regular players, staff and devs it may not seem that hard.

A new player would join the server only for short periods and leave due to the most likely outcomes:

-Lose all their startup money from either being mugged or raided wasting it all on a overcomplicated method to grow drugs for money for newer players.
-Notice that the PD is whitlist and cba to have to apply.
-Stuck with a medic,mayor, ss or firefighter job to earn money, which seems shit.

Not saying that I dislike the update or what's happened to the server. But I think it's obvious that the server is struggling for newer players that stay here. We need to make it easier for them to earn money, that's why I personally think some things need to change.

Ayjay

Reaction score
It's always brilliant to look back on our progress as a department, and of course we still are improving with each policy change, each addition to the game, each change in management. We've still got a long way to go, but we think we're at a good point currently.

The department isn't complicated, honestly.
It may seem that way to somebody who hasn't experienced it before, but isnt that the same for everything? We didn't all walk into this server with our eyes closed did we? We learn as we experience, and I feel that the department offers an extremely lengthy amount of resources which help newcomers understand what it is we exactly do.

The new PLPD Online (hopefully coming this year) will try to involve even non-PD members a little more, allowing them to view certain resources, information and public announcements, rather than being shut off like they currently are.

I feel the department offers an extremely good amount of stuff to do past the normal PERP environment (drugs and raiding), we people reason to stick around and actually do something. Yes, it is annoying when you aren't getting noticed (we're working on this) but I feel like the PD offers pretty much what you put in, the more you work, the more you get recognised.

Sam

Reaction score

We do not ignore your concerns. I clearly said in my post that we are working on the current policies. Instead of complaining, make a policy suggestion and send it to me.

Reaction score
It may seem that way to somebody who hasn't experienced it before, but isn't that the same for everything? We didn't all walk into this server with our eyes closed, did we? We learn as we experience, and I feel that the department offers an extremely lengthy amount of resources which help newcomers understand what it is we exactly do.

I low-key support your statement. However, what if we had some sort-of refreshment to the academy whereas; you'd apply like you do, then you have a few sessions to attend where you learn general police tactics such as;

- Pursuit Tactics
- Traffic Stops
- Felony Stops
- Breaching a building
- Use of force
- Radio Conduct
- Important Policies
- EVAC
etc...

Just simple general things that would help new-officers and old-officers to conduct themselves in a proper, competent manner.

- I have myself experienced these things in multiple other departments in which actually helped me very much and a lot of other people understand the basics of policing. Yes, our current academy system can work however, I wouldn't call it good enough to learn officers policing.. from what I've seen at least.

Reaction score
I low-key support your statement. However, what if we had some sort-of refreshment to the academy whereas; you'd apply like you do, then you have a few sessions to attend where you learn general police tactics such as;

- Pursuit Tactics
- Traffic Stops
- Felony Stops
- Breaching a building
- Use of force
- Radio Conduct
- Important Policies
- EVAC
etc...

Just simple general things that would help new-officers and old-officers to conduct themselves in a proper, competent manner.
These things shouldn't be mandatory, meaning it'd nicely divide those that wan't to really take the role seriously and make good progress and those that want to approach it in a more relaxed manner.

It'd help Superiors identify the people worth keeping an eye on and also help them exact people become even better at their job whilst allowing the oldies to stop rusting up.

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
The policy is there but most TFU seem to disregard it.

No, I suggest you read the policy again. There is no need to complain if you don't offer a solution. Feel free to PM me one and I'll look at it.

Reaction score
These things shouldn't be mandatory, meaning it'd nicely divide those that wan't to really take the role seriously and make good progress and those that want to approach it in a more relax manner.

It'd help Superiors identify the people worth keeping an eye on and also help them exact people become even better at their job whilst allowing the oldies to stop rusting up.

If you implement that system it has to be mandatory or there is no point what-so-ever having it. If you divide the department into two parts where you have one under-trained or differently trained part that does not know proper procedure and then another one that went through a training program it won't help at all. As you will have people running around not knowing what to do, just like now.

Our problem is that some people are used to policing from very many different communities, so they all learned different tactics and policies. And others started policing in PLPD so they learned little-to no tactics. So when you want something done, everyone's just stood there not knowing what to do because everyone contradict what they already know. And satanding in the street in a situation where standing around wont be helping anyone wont help anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.