Police Car Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
I suggest we add in so you can choose to lock your cop cars to every other officer on the force, meaning people cant just randomly steal your car unless you allow your car to be unlocked by other officers.

Why should this be added? (pros):
Because it stops people from taking your cop car and leaving you stranded. Making it so the officer who parked his car in a certain location, doesnt have to run back because some dickhead decided to just take it and leave you.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Could end in some ppl needing cars and being unable to take them to escape a dangerous scene.

*Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
Its only sergeants+ that can do this I believe, there is no policy around it but you should only take cars when needed

Reaction score
If you don't want your car nicked then turn off the engine, it's a nice feature to have for officers to quickly get away from an area by going into a vehicle that is ready to go. SGTs+ can do this regardless of the engine being off so I doubt they would straight up steal a police car off another officer.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
If your engine is off then only people in your unit or sergeant+ can unlock the car. I think it works fine how it is although I have experienced it a few times where I haven't turned the engine off or a sergeant has taken my car.

Reaction score
+support had my car stolen for no fucking reason and im sick of it being done

Reaction score
I get it when the engine is on, but still having your car stolen and being stranded is annoying as fuck. And not only that, leaves you in more danger since you cant get out of that situation, or takes away the time for other officer's who might have to come and pick you up. Either way it should still be a feature added in order to be able to lock your cars for everyone, no matter what rank you are.

Reaction score
If you don't want your car nicked then turn off the engine, it's a nice feature to have for officers to quickly get away from an area by going into a vehicle that is ready to go. SGTs+ can do this regardless of the engine being off so I doubt they would straight up steal a police car off another officer.
i think you'd be surprised the amount of sgts who do this

Reaction score
It is of upmost importance that any and all vehicles, even the SWAT Van, remain accessible in the event of an emergency evacuation of a scene. Anyone stealing police cars can and should be receiving infractions for doing so.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
It is of upmost importance that any and all vehicles, even the SWAT Van, remain accessible in the event of an emergency evacuation of a scene. Anyone stealing police cars can and should be receiving infractions for doing so.

if it is not against any particular policy then would they receive infractions?

I agree with @fatdoobies, I have seen sergeants do this before, usually they call out the badge number and say I’m taking your car come get in quick though

Reaction score
heres a better idea, make it so civs can steal cop cars

Status
Not open for further replies.