Map Suggestion Post Office

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

Suggestion Title: Post Office
Suggestion Description: Create a post office where people can send and receive packages, whether offline or online. This would also include creating packaging systems for people to send, and potentially allowing the courier to collect things from the players location and take it to the post office.

The post office would be a replacement of the City Gas Station, or some other area. This would be extremely ideal for the player-ran weapon economy, and would allow people to send packages to people for orders they may have placed.

There of course would be a fee for this, but I do feel this would be highly beneficial for the community.
The mayor should be able to alter the delivery fee from a couple hundred to a couple thousand, dependent on the package.

Why should this be added?:
Add a whole new depth to the roleplay environment
Allow the player-ran economy to be far more efficient
Would create something brand new and not seen in PERP
Increased QoL

What negatives could this have?:
Lelios gna kill me if they're almost finished with V6
Would reduce player interactivity whilst in-game
Could be abused by sending illegal items; this could mean that player's can't send explosives and such.

Useful Images:

Reaction score
Probably should be under "map suggestions". Other than that I like.

Reaction score
Maybe the bank foreman could do this as a "Lock box" System, where you pay to leave an item with him, along with the players bank number, and when they speak to that NPC, They can claim the item? Finally give the freeloading bastard a use beyond being the least fearful human shield ever to grace a bank robbery.

Reaction score
Maybe the bank foreman could do this as a "Lock box" System, where you pay to leave an item with him, along with the players bank number, and when they speak to that NPC, They can claim the item? Finally give the freeloading bastard a use beyond being the least fearful human shield ever to grace a bank robbery.
While this would be an undoubtedly good and easy option to implement this system, I feel that placing a dedicated “post office” of sorts somewhere could boost player interaction in a less popular area.

Maybe you could have this post office near City Hall, figuring that is the city center, and people would have the option of choosing to leave it at the post office or pay to have a courier come pick up packages from the post office and deliver them to the storage attendant. Then they would automatically be deposited into recipients storage.

Reaction score
I like the idea of this expanding the courier job to allow players to send packages to each other.

Maybe it could be possible to send mail bombs? (for a large fee to the drug dealer)

Reaction score
Maybe it could be possible to send mail bombs? (for a large fee to the drug dealer)
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling , have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering(in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

@Sorle would love this feature and it would certainly bring him back to PERP as a regular player!

Reaction score
This is a great idea! Honestly if you ask me Im surprised we didnt have a post office from the beginning. Allowing players to send each other stuff means a lot. Whether its just friendly trading or hostile treatment. Give them the package, they open it and BOOM!

Deleted member 4084

I don't believe that the bank should integrate with this suggestion; ideally, as @blackdown said it should be located somewhere within the city. City hall or even as part of a petrol station would be a pretty neat integration. Generally speaking, I do believe this should be integrated with the courier in some way shape or form, but should not be a replacement.

What about adding short time delays; the more you pay (upgraded shipping) the quicker you get the item?

Reaction score
I don't believe that the bank should integrate with this suggestion; ideally, as @blackdown said it should be located somewhere within the city. City hall or even as part of a petrol station would be a pretty neat integration. Generally speaking, I do believe this should be integrated with the courier in some way shape or form, but should not be a replacement.

What about adding short time delays; the more you pay (upgraded shipping) the quicker you get the item?
Could be done as part of the gas stations around the city, with a little post box - or something. It's usually called a drop-off location in real life, why not implement it into Perp?

The only real downside to it, is that personally from experience, players don't order enough packages and this could potentially take away from the courier job, where it's already difficult at times to have things to do.

Reaction score
Could be abused by sending illegal items; this could mean that player's can't send explosives and such.
I like the idea overall, but this part got me thinking....

I used to work as a FedEx Courier, and I did do some deliveries of regulated items. Mostly wine, which required an ID. Ammunition was common actually didn't need an ID, but it is classed as HazMat so special handling was needed. I also delivered some grenades to a Police Station in my area. They were just training flash bangs, but still explosive and needed a signature, along with HazMat paperwork. So those kinds of shipments were allowed (and also bull semen), just with some extra steps. What wasn't allowed to be shipped was Tobacco and Illegal Drugs. FedEx does have ways to screen for that kind of stuff, and would notify the police for that kind of stuff. The PD would come, confiscate the item, and sign for it, so anyone tracking the item would see it was signed for by POLICE. There were rumors of stuff being found, delayed, and the Police had FedEx deliver the item while they staked it out, but I don't know the truth behind that.

Anyways, I think this could be handled by
A) When shipping a package, have a field the shipper fills out with a description of the contents. If they're stupid enough to put in a buzzword (Like Bomb, drugs, cocaine, etc) the package automatically gets searched and if there are illegal items it gets flagged for PD review.
B) Random Screening of packages. The more illegal stuff in a package, the higher the chance of it getting caught.

Also, I mentioned PD review. I think packages containing illegal items should be held "in-transit" until a higher ranking Officer (Maybe Corporal+?) can stop by and review the packages, and decide to either send the package on its way (for a possible sting) or confiscate the illegal items.

Reaction score
The only real downside to it, is that personally from experience, players don't order enough packages and this could potentially take away from the courier job, where it's already difficult at times to have things to do.

If it was worked as an expansion to the courier job then it would give them more stuff to do! They could pick up and deliver the packages sent by other players.

Reaction score
I like the idea overall, but this part got me thinking....

I used to work as a FedEx Courier, and I did do some deliveries of regulated items. Mostly wine, which required an ID. Ammunition was common actually didn't need an ID, but it is classed as HazMat so special handling was needed. I also delivered some grenades to a Police Station in my area. They were just training flash bangs, but still explosive and needed a signature, along with HazMat paperwork. So those kinds of shipments were allowed (and also bull semen), just with some extra steps. What wasn't allowed to be shipped was Tobacco and Illegal Drugs. FedEx does have ways to screen for that kind of stuff, and would notify the police for that kind of stuff. The PD would come, confiscate the item, and sign for it, so anyone tracking the item would see it was signed for by POLICE. There were rumors of stuff being found, delayed, and the Police had FedEx deliver the item while they staked it out, but I don't know the truth behind that.

Anyways, I think this could be handled by
A) When shipping a package, have a field the shipper fills out with a description of the contents. If they're stupid enough to put in a buzzword (Like Bomb, drugs, cocaine, etc) the package automatically gets searched and if there are illegal items it gets flagged for PD review.
B) Random Screening of packages. The more illegal stuff in a package, the higher the chance of it getting caught.

Also, I mentioned PD review. I think packages containing illegal items should be held "in-transit" until a higher ranking Officer (Maybe Corporal+?) can stop by and review the packages, and decide to either send the package on its way (for a possible sting) or confiscate the illegal items.
Bro this is a great idea, I think this would add a lot to both courier and PD. Giving us more to do and expanding the player economy and possibilities. Imagine box bombs or bazaars transferring items to other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.