Map Suggestion Pre vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea:

Thicken the wall in the bank pre vault room, or make it impossible to wallbang.

Full description of the idea:
The walls are paper thin and despite having the appearance of a metal reinforced room, the vault room wall can be penetrated with a shotgun, a weapon which has low penetration already to begin with.

Why should it be added?:
It makes little sense that a vault room that’s lined with metal on the walls is stronger than the external wall of the slums apartments, meaning a dingy old decaying apartment block is more secure than the pre vault room

Pros:
- Makes perfect sense.
- realistic
- Both countering and committing a bank raid will be easier

Cons:
There are none and you cannot change my mind.​

Reaction score
A con I can think of is that this will essentially turn the bank into a “raid” and the bank raiders now become the defenders by this and are given the upper hand, as all they have to do is hold angle shoot silly man over and over as they funnel in. I feel like this makes it more tactical and also allows for the raiders to shoot out at the cops. Just my opinion but I’m curious to hear what you think too!

Reaction score
I kinda think @Blackdown’s point is a pro tbf, giving bank raiders sitting in the vault a little advantage wouldn’t do harm. Although, I think the prevails room’s door at the front should be moved to the far right if this were to happen

Reaction score
Makes for proper RP then? In a bank raid in real life, it is the rarest instances that the police storm the vault blindly. It usually ends with the robbers trying to flee, causing a shootout. And since the bank robbers on perp can't win without fleeing like the could before, the police could simply hold their positions and wait instead of wasting unnecessary lives.

Reaction score
I one hundered percent agree with you on this one, I guess I was more thinking in terms of balance, but honestly realism should absolutely take priority.

Reaction score
Nothing like shooting through 2 meter thick pure steel and concrete door with tiny 5.56 pellets.

Reaction score
No longer will I get wall banged through a massive metal vault door : ) Its so unrealistic atm that you can shoot through a thing which is bullet-proof in real life

Reaction score
Yeah the vault door itself the big metal one isnt bulletproof when opened for some reason.

Reaction score
The bank is being relocated to the church so I don't see why they couldn't make the adjustment. Since we no longer have money piles inside the vault some more defense would always be nice.

Reaction score
You‘re implying that no one would push out the bank vault room during a bank raid but in reality during most successful bank robberies most the robbers aren’t even inside the bank itself.

Reaction score
@CensoredExe i killed you in a bank raid when you were behind the door once iirc and that’s because I shot your legs under the door.

Reaction score
Definitely think it would add some realism to the Vault as it should be bulletproof and not like some remmy cop snipe you through it. And I have to agree to giving the bank raiders a small advantage as its already pretty difficult without having flankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.