Prewhitelist Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Honestly going to get rated dumb but oh well.

Main quote going into this from @yuck
"plpd.online will be disabled for the duration of this trial, any and all policies and procedures are void during this time. "

Internal Affairs wasn't around in 2014 and this "trail" is trying to create that scenario again, so why would IA enforce policies after the trail is over that is an unfair representation of what the server would be like if this was to happen on a permanent base.
Just don't understand the logic, all division have been closed down during the trail and people shouldn't be liable from a PLPD perspective during the trail only a rule perspective.

I can understand the frustration of when a Command member is acting like an idiot as @Samantha stated " especially when we have PD command running around acting like fucking retards, getting themselves blacklisted" this isn't right but if you are trying to give a trail of a system used back in 2014 then how is it fair to belittle the PD that we currently have today, divisions like IA work so well because of the white list we have place, removing it (what would happen if u went back to this version of the PD) their wouldn't be that accountability just the type of accountability that has been enforced all week by staff not via IA. I simply think its wrong for IA to enforce policies that have been breached by members of the PLPD this week as it defeats the purpose of the event in my option. The purpose of this event in my option is to see how PERPHEADS functions with a non white listed PD, WITH NO DIVISIONS , stating people should still be punished for their actions when these systems are back is just absolutely stupid.

@Duffy
"Sorry @nutrient10 but by saying you're not going to be dealing with any IA complaints made during this week is ridiculous. You're basically saying to members 'It's okay to piss about this week, nothing counts'. Staff should be coming down hard on those abusing police ranks, such as patrolling as TFU, RDM'ing as cops etc. "

@Samantha
" I personally feel that if PD members acts like retards this week, their rank should be in risk of being removed. "

@yuck
"Since there's clearly an issue with the staff team enforcing laws, it'd make sense for the people fucking about to be given some form of punishment once the whitelisted department returns. "

@Collier
"intentionally minging and testing the limits of what you can get away with as a cop can carry consequences for said Officers once this trial is over. "

I have purposely stayed away from the server for the entire duration besides Sunday (day when it was added) as I soon figured out how toxic it was and just wasn't the "serious role-play" PERPHEADS state it is. I understand some cops have made this worse but that will have if you remove the white list completely, I honestly don't know what you expected? Both Samuel and Ayjay have both been chiefs and have had first hand experience at the work that goes into the PLPD to make it a more enjoyable experience for civs and cops, remove that and this is what you get.
Their are plenty of post above agreeing to revert back to a week ago as its aids / toxic.
The player base has declined every day... shown below.

1582315773195.png 1582316745329.png

My concerns about what some of you have been posted. I am actually quite happy this took place as it gives me a clear indication on what the server would be like with no white list and in the nicest way possible it would be a compete and utter shit show...
Been interesting to see options come from others , even if a lot of them don't even actively play the server.

Thanks for the dumb rating tho :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I disagree with the decline, the PD unwhitelist was an opportunity for new officers and officers in general to prove themselves and experience divisions such as TFU even if there are certain people preserving their spots and playing TFU for 12 hours a day.

the population has increased and it’s averaged at a great scale and this started from Valentine’s Day up until now. The freedom interests people and the want to just do what they want with less pressure and restrictions makes people want to come on more.

The general hype of the Organisation update mixed with this has brought the server back up once again and it will probably take a dark route of decline once again since this has become a common occurrence.

Agree or disagree I believe your points are good besides the decline in population. But I do believe this won’t stick around for much longer after, maybe this period may convince people to stick around even if PD won’t be un whitelisted.

Reaction score
@GamingPeach It’s fair to say there is a decline but this is really a common occurrence, but I mean the activity has bettered over these past 2 weeks in my opinion and that’s because of the revert and ORG Update. But it has increased multiple times at peak times and some days are dry due to not many US players or people even bothered to go on at like 4am.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@GamingPeach

Some players have purposely used this trial as an opportunity to break laws (and subsequently the rules) - The staff team clearly have not been pulling their weight (despite a lot of them being obese), that's why we believe it's the best to have IA deal with the people being idiots as a punishment. We might not to have to do this if all but three staff members didn't have less than 9 reports completed this week (yes this is real data). At the end of the day, we can always have a vote on if IA should punish those who have fucked about this week, but in my opinion the trial should not be used as a free pass to act like a retard.

I have said time and time again that this specific trial will not be the full extent of a final full revert, major policies will be placed into law and we are likely to have an open Lieutenant/Sergeant slot(s) to aid with some form of hierarchy. We couldn't do everything we wanted for this specific trial as it's a massive rewrite of code, therefore we have disabled plpd.online, removed all ranks and allowed everybody with Premium to be TFU. The final vote will have multiple choices, some of these options will allow for more or less change based on peoples general opinions of this trial. There is always room to work on ways to negate the mingey folk from messing about, so I wouldn't really worry about that when it comes to voting.

As for the lowering of players that you pointed out, it's an extremely small change from the past few weeks and I really don't see your issue here. The player count is famously inconsistent and the overall count isn't taking too bad of a hit with this trial. Even if this was the case, this isn't a finished product and this trial isn't really long enough to see what we could do to improve the situation, or to see if people breaking the server rules and laws dies down a bit.

Reaction score
Overall i agree with what you're saying about the staff team if it is all correct as you say, them not doing their role isn't acceptable but I am strongly against the use of IA and it is extremely unfair to use said system after it was made clear it wouldn't be used, this is nobody's fault but your own for not thinking about this before releasing the test.

Ayjay

Reaction score
That's your opinion to have, but the majority of backlash we've had from this suggestion seems to be from high ranking pd members trying to discredit this trial or people who have used this week as an opportunity to act like spastics. They have then have cried that they might actually receive some punishment from it, which is quite laughable. We never said that we wouldn't allow for complaints to be made on Officers regarding them breaking the law, I simply said that policies and procedures would be void and plpd.online wouldn't be live during this time. Like I said, it makes sense for people to be punished.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@GamingPeach Adding a red line to your graph makes it a little less hard hitting.

22lgJZGBxErXZEaS.png

You can see the regular inconsistencies, also the highest point of this trial is higher than or even with many points within the last 30 days.

Deleted member 1235

Because I plan on returning fully to the server when I graduate uni in a few months?

Reaction score
gamingpeach weren't you minging too first day? you said to me you were going to ignore policy for the first day and then stop playing and now u a bitch in forums?

Reaction score
@yuck
"majority of backlash we've had from this suggestion seems to be from high ranking pd members trying to discredit this trial or people who have used this week as an opportunity to act like spastics. " Looking through this thread I only see people giving their option on how this has gone or how it might go, just I have. This isn't backlash this is surely what you wanted from a test so to go an blame the senior PD for the events that occurred this week is completely unfair, their are plenty of people who aren't senior pd who have given their thoughts good or bad. I have experienced many none senior PD members on duty on Sunday who were complete aids so I don't understand how you can sum it up the "majority" is senior PD, when really you're referring to one LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.