Projectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was thinking lamps in SP project the players screen.
So surely it would be possible to project a video alot like the TV but with the projector the further you move it back the bigger the projection gets.
This would be useful for a movie theater in the new map or just a player made cinema.

Putting the lamp inside the projector prop from CSS and making it craftabe would be a fun and cool idea.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...6F6FFFBDEB412/ - Dont mind the ragdolls, i got bored xD
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/919022918581583884/33A25BE7F802F3A61B4FB3A8859000A01F261544/ - The Lamp + Projector

Thanks,
Max

Reaction score
- Support it is not that it is bad thinking but I think it is gonna get abused really much so there will be big big picture on the road and street and stuff

Reaction score
You shouldn't downvote something just because of thinking it would maybe be abused. If it gets abused, the abusers will get banned. Simple as that.
It looks like a nice idea, I'd like to run a late night cinema with this but the thing is I don't know if it's possible. Also we already have a big screen on the server which makes this kind of pointless even though the big screen is admin only. (Sucks I know)

Reaction score
Yes, its like if someone abuses a job; doesnt mean the job gets removed.

But Ruby i dont think it will lag as much, but im not 100% sure. But as shown in the screen shots it looks very sexy (Not alex)

Deleted member 27

i give you a +support because i think its a cool idea sell projectors and put then in the houses, stores, ...

Reaction score
Elite_G4mer;n3847 said:
Yes, its like if someone abuses a job; doesnt mean the job gets removed.

But Ruby i dont think it will lag as much, but im not 100% sure. But as shown in the screen shots it looks very sexy (Not alex)

I didn't say it would lag o_O

Reaction score
The thing I notice in the screenshots is that it is using a Real Time texture basically, so while projectors are cool, I'm not sure how to possibly make a video into a texture in order to be displayed. So I think at this point we'll label it as too excessive, also I think the TVs are good enough right now so you'll have to make due with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.