Props 'n' Bombs

Should administrators be able to bin props after an explosive detonates if they block easy access?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Just wondering how everyone feels about props going all over the shop after a bomb detonates? I've seen a few administrators remove the props upon detonation if they obstruct too much. I feel as though this is simply a drawback of using a bomb over bobby pins/crowbars. I don't think that this should happen, simply because it is obstructing their access and it should be viewed as a drawback of the method used (there are more than valid alternatives to get into properties). I believe that where an administrator uses their god stick to remove props that are blocking a path when a user used an explosive device to move them about they are (frankly) abusing their position.

I think that an administrator's job is to enforce the rules, not to take a wide and very liberal interpretation of what those rules mean. I've also noticed that little to no actual punishment is imposed against infringers, is this because the rule it too trivial to justify a warning? And if that is the case, why is anything moved? If the props are considered to be in violation of the rules, the base should be handled prior or post raid, not during.

That's my two-piece.

I've added a poll and would love to hear what people think about this matter!

Sam

Reaction score
Should administrators be able to bin props after an explosive detonates if they block easy access?
Is the poll question asking if they should be allowed too or if they should be able too? Two different things in my eyes...

Sam

Reaction score
How is there not? Either they are not allowed to, or they are not physically able to.

Sam

Reaction score
@Murtsley It is absolutely not the same result. Disallowing it is one thing, restricting them from being able to move props that have been blown up is something else. That could cause issues during different situations where it's needed to move or remove props, such a solution would be absolutely retarded.

Reaction score
Of course that's absurd, I don't see how restricting their permissions would have any effect. Just telling them not to do it would be the best course of action. Didn't think that really needed to be fleshed out, clearly, it did.

Reaction score
@Samuel Disallowing it instead of restricting their in game permissions to do it should fit the best with this scenario I think!

I didn't refresh the page and 2 replies popped up making my message pointless!

Reaction score
In my view the rules are generally very broad, especially in terms of base building. I believe staff should be able to remove props in certain situations following an explosion but it would be useful to define in writing what those specific circumstances would be. I think the best outcome would be to have an actual coded system in place to enforce this without the need for staff input, but that's an entirely different question. I think having props everywhere after an explosion is quite realistic, but it may get to a point where it becomes impossible for the attackers to actually raid.

Reaction score
I made a suggestion for boards to break, can't seem to find anything about props even though I recall seeing a video showing them break

Reaction score
I personally think that they should be allowed to remove props that block a path after an explosion cause the source engine is very annoying with these kind of stuff.
I like Tiny's idea to rib the props to pieces if they are too close to an explosion though.

Reaction score
@Tyla Jai " I think having props everywhere after an explosion is quite realistic, but it may get to a point where it becomes impossible for the attackers to actually raid. "

That's the point. They've made the tactical decision of using a bomb in the raid to make it easier, they should have to deal with the (in my opinion realistic) consequences of it, I.e. having their paths blocked and making it more difficult to enter. This is a 100% In Character problem and should not be solved by OOC means.

Warning: Off-Topic Perp Boomer Tangent Below:
I think there's a general trend recently of hyper micro-managing base defenses to make things easier for the raiders. Because of the potentially massive monetary gain of a successful raid, it's supposed to be difficult, using OOC means to undermine this is, in my opinion, incorrect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for aids bases at all, if the defense constructions people are using are giving them an unfair advantage from a gameplay mechanics perspective (head glitch, one-way sight, etc), then fair enough - this should be dealt with by OOC means (preferably by fixing the broken prop, or if needed intervening with the physgun). But if the defense is just plain good, then this is an in-character problem and should be overcome with innovative in-character strategies (bomb placement, good grenades, wallbanging, etc). An F6 is not a valid in-character strategy.

One last note, if a defense is deemed to be genuinely abusing a gameplay mechanic, then the staff member dealing with it should inform the occupants that they're against the rules, remove them, then give the occupants a chance to resolve their gaping defense (caused by OOC action). Countless times I've seen props get silently removed seconds before a raid, further putting the defenders at a disadvantage.

LD3tZc1.png

Reaction score
If a bomb completely obstructs an entrance then tough tits, raiders are just gunna have to move it. As someone who raids often I understand completely that this is a disadvantage to using bombs. I disagree with people building defences that are designed to completely block off doors in the event of a bombing however the workarounds aren't much effort (Wallbanging, another bomb, grenades, etc.)

That said, raiders should at all times remain vigilant for anyone who is moving props after a bomb has gone off, either with a physgun or with fists, in particular when they block entrances intentionally after a bomb.

On a semi related note, Bomb damage has become merely a meme at this point. I don't see why a remote explosive should have such a short kill radius.

Reaction score
I think base defence rules need to be rewritten or significantly more clear as even I as staff don’t know what the latest rules on base defence are because there seems to be new unwritten rules/unacceptable designs every 5 minutes! We don’t need a shit construction handbook like last time though