Quick console commands/settings to improve FPS

Reaction score
It has come to my attention that alot of people don't use any of these commands/settings maybe everyone just has an i9 with an rtx 4080 nowadays, but either way these settings and commands save my toaster everytime I'm on the server.

Go to advanced options to change these settings leave Model details on high or your car textures will break
advanced settings.png

(I'm not sure how much these settings help if at all I do know for certain the commands has improved my FPS)

Useful console commands
r_3dsky "0"
r_drawdetailprops 0
r_drawbatchdecals "0"
r_shadows 0 (you won't be able to see flashlights if you set this to 0 keep this in mind)

If you are interested and have time here's a 3000+ command list

Reaction score
Thanks for this information Helper/Enforcer Moon! Now hopefully my aim will be as good as yours!

Reaction score
I get around 30-40fps more on a full server when I have all settings maxed out. Source engine works better when it has to work hard, if it solely relies on your CPU; it will hurt itself. Your milage may very on low or mid range hardware.

Reaction score
Say that to my GPU please maybe he'll hear you out when I play PERP it feels like he's mining the bitycoins.
I played on this server for 4 years with a 1GB vram nvidia laptop GPU 610M and even recorded on it, I know how much it sucks but still didn't lower my texture settings.

Reaction score
It has come to my attention that alot of people don't use any of these commands/settings maybe everyone just has an i9 with an rtx 4080 nowadays, but either way these settings and commands save my toaster everytime I'm on the server.

Go to advanced options to change these settings leave Model details on high or your car textures will break
View attachment 19088

(I'm not sure how much these settings help if at all I do know for certain the commands has improved my FPS)

Useful console commands
r_3dsky "0"
r_drawdetailprops 0
r_drawbatchdecals "0"
r_shadows 0 (you won't be able to see flashlights if you set this to 0 keep this in mind)

If you are interested and have time here's a 3000+ command list
Lower texture detail means the GPU isn’t working enough so the CPU has more work to do, leading to worse performance

Reaction score
I get around 30-40fps more on a full server when I have all settings maxed out. Source engine works better when it has to work hard, if it solely relies on your CPU; it will hurt itself. Your milage may very on low or mid range hardware.
Lower texture detail means the GPU isn’t working enough so the CPU has more work to do, leading to worse performance
Not in my case, my GPU overheats and my PC shuts off I'll pass, also I don't like how the game looks on high settings too many unnecessary details for my eyes so I play on the lowest wish I could have my graphics look like @Xeronise's tbh

Reaction score
Not in my case, my GPU overheats and my PC shuts off I'll pass, also I don't like how the game looks on high settings too many unnecessary details for my eyes so I play on the lowest wish I could have my graphics look like @Xeronise's tbh
Friend, you need new thermal paste. Your PC is not in a good condition.

Reaction score
Krunker.io player spotted.