Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: re-make medics job

Short explanation (in notes):
- this way the medic got more to do.
- adds a better reason to the hospital
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

as it is now themedic shows up to a person who has been shoot 3 times in the chest uses defibrators on him and then sends him on his way.
this is not how it would happend in real life so here are my idea:

the medic revives the person so they can walk (slowly) but they will pass out again in like 3-5 min and this time he/she will be out for good unless they talk to a npc at hospital (the trauma team leader or something) and he will save the person from dieing.
this gives the medic more stress because they have to drive the person to the hospital whitin the timelimit and this way medics wont have to fight over who revies people because a medic only can take one at a time.

Optional additions:
-a big ambulance (will be able to have more than one patient in them at a time)
- mabey so a person can lay in the back of the ambulance in stead of siting in the cabin whit the driver.
-

Reaction score
A cool idea, it would change the careless attitude people take to being shot. I imagine it would be fiddly to implement though, but i'm no coder so i'm not too sure.

Reaction score
I agree with Chrissy, this does sound like a very cool idea. Im not too sure what others will think about it though.

Reaction score
Sounds interesting.

I like the basis of the idea, might need some work though.

Reaction score
Aslong as this suggestion helps people roleplay better, i'm happy with it.

Reaction score
A similar wounding system is being worked on (if not finished already)... Also if Paramedics would do their job right they would have alot to do... People that play as a Medic just think all they have to do is respond to a call revive someone and head back to the station to wait for another call. Normally when you respond to a call where someone was shot you would have to call the Police where then the Police would start an investigation. The Paramedic would then transport the person to the hospital where he then would be fully healed. But as i said already a wounding system is currently being worked on so the Hospital should be used more often.

Reaction score
Some of the ideas are interesting but some could be tweaked a little to make them work differently.

Reaction score
I would love this so it doesn't be like GTA san andreas where medics come and heal then they leave:D I want more realism, But the thing is, Then medic is going to be the most stressfull job, And LT is very stressfull, Probaly some people won't play as it, And then at last no one plays as it expect for old memebers. Dunno, Neutral.

Reaction score
One of my ideas was to use stretchers to transport people to the hospital. But I think it would be too complicated for PERP.

Reaction score
This would be a very good idea, I think it was @Chrissy who was talking about how he revived someone as medic and he was trying to RP it out saying that they need to take him to hospital with his consent and what not and he just said "No" and walked off. It would make more people RP as medic instead of having 4 medics rushing to one scene just to get their $500 for a revive.

ThomasGeorge

i like the idea, if it were to be implemented, i would play the casualty theme on repeat.

Reaction score
This sounds like a good idea and all but I doubt it can work out for several reasons.

-Medics usually have a lot of places to be at once.

-For situations like today at projex 4, Where we had 10-15 dead people,It will be way to hard to get them all to the hospital.

Reaction score
Yes, I think I mentioned on forums somewhere that I want to overhaul how dying works in an overall sense, but it is rather complex and also would make medic's job quite a bit more stressful. Even right now though, I see so many medics that simply fail their job badly, because they don't seem to understand how to revive. And then the ones that do, either refuse to take people to the hospital that request it (see this post) or you get the reverse with medics requesting to take someone to the hospital who doesn't want to RP it.

So I fully agree that the whole revive system at this time is bad and should be changed. The change I have in mind requires a number of other things to be changed first but should provide a fairly realistic feel to medics, unfortunately making their job much harder so people would be more likely to fail at it. Which I'm not sure what to make of unfortunately.

To this idea specifically though, if the person passed out every X minutes, we would either need to eliminate or reduce the cash bonus for revive by a lot. As this could lead to very easy abuse and money farming. Transporting a body would be a really difficult addition in all reality, so I'm not sure what to do there really, although I can see the need. Keep in mind under the accepted ideas section there is already a post about making hospitals more important, so posting ideas of how to isn't a bad thing.

Here's the main problem that is faced with death/reviving in general. When you die, you are only dead for 5 minutes period, so many people think of trying to RP being injured is a hassle and don't want to be bothered with it as it will take longer than death. This is a terrible attitude in all regards, and unfortunately making death longer really isn't a great option either, so trying to discover a balance is very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.