Recordning Software

Reaction score
Hello!

So I'm looking into getting a software that records my game sessions, so in case something funny or something that needs to be reported is recorded so I can clip it.
I know Medals.tv, wich I have tried but couldn't get it to work as I wanted. I've used plays.tv before but they shut down.

I also know something that NVidia have? Anyways, my question is what software do you use?

Reaction score
Does OBS record in the background?
yeah you can set it so it only captures your garrys mod or entire desktop, enabling replay buffer in OBS can then be used to capture the last 5, 10, or whatever you desire minutes instead of having a huge chunky file

Reaction score
Nvdia is a good recording app, it has a mode where you can click save replay it will save last 5 minutes but ofcourse it can record as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nvidia's app is really good if all you want is certain length clips at certain points which I did use for a bit but then I moved to OBS and used OBS replay buffer as with OBS I could set up virtual audio cables which then allowed me to remove things such as my Spotify music, youtube videos or any other app that produces audio even discord/teamspeak ;) took some time to set up but tutorials all over youtube!

Reaction score
  • Staff
Nvidia and OBS sounds like the way to go. I will remove Medal and try Nvidia!

Thanks for the suggestions :)