Removal/Changing of rules that inhibit ability to create unique roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all, this post has been made with the recent post made by AyJay in mind.

I've seen a lot of people complaining, aswell as myself, that it's damn near impossible to roleplay uniquely or out of the PD without staff coming along and destroying props that have been built or dispersing the current crowd taking part in said roleplay.

In my opinion, the rule 3.9 - Placing props is a good place to start, in the post made by AyJay, a select few people (@jimmythehamster etc.) have mentioned the fact that they've had the unfortunate experience whilst creating something at a more 'public' location with props to encourage something different to take part in, it is quickly removed and hushed away by staff. I'd like this rule to be changed, or even removed. If this rule was to be change, I'd prefer more leniency with the areas you are allowed to build in, of course, building inside or outside of PD, inside/outside of city hall without being the correct job role for it to make sense, wouldn't be allowed, but places like the behind of bank, which in theory is just a dark alleyway behind a public building, farm, market outside of city hall, and other places (that aren't currently coming to mind) should be allowed to have props placed outside of them as long as they are not too excessive.

I want this thread to serve as a place to post your opinions on what rules you believe directly inhibit your ability to create more fun and enjoyable role-play experiences, so please share them without mentioning any specific incidents (that are too touchy touchy to talk about) or naming anyone that has removed or stopped your role-play due to rules.

Reaction score
Turn 3.9 around. You don't need to make a report to confirm it's okay, as long as it does not obstruct any roads or areas intended for vehicles (excluding parking spaces) If you wanted to obstruct a road, just make a report to confirm it.

Reaction score
When I do my construction roleplay and close one lane at the intersection I find some idiot come and decides to purposefully ram over all my cones. Makes me commit sedoku

Reaction score
No one stopped me building a fort out of fridges on the city hall main square on more than 1 occasion and I would personally have understood perfectly why it wasn't allowed if someone did intervene but at the same time it should be allowed imo.

Reaction score
Would it perhaps be an idea to "loosen" 3.9 up a bit? For example, people won't have to make a report if they are building something small/building something that is out of public areas, as long as this benefits roleplay and is constructed properly.

Reaction score
As it stands currently people are not allowed to build anything outside of a property unless approved by a staff member. The idea would be to change it up a bit, so people can build small stands etc in public without having to make a report first.

Status
Not open for further replies.