Server Suggestion Remove bunker designs in bases + make bobbies quieter

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove bunker designs in bases + make bobbies quieter
Suggestion Description:

prenote: I don't think that raiding properties as cop is hard, regardless of (legal) defense. That just takes brain and you lose if you don't push as a civilian, overtime. I do raise a point that it is tedious and makes shootouts last too long.

1. Completely remove construction booklet on designs only and impose hard-limits on how many of certain defence prop can be placed in an apartment, heavily nerfing the amount of overall props you can use, scaling with small to big properties.
It would look like this:

Apartments total - 1 metal detector, 2 barricades, 2 fences, 2 spotlights, 1 bookshelf
Glassco/Parker/Morons total - 5 barricades, 3 fences, 3 spotlights, 3 bookshelves
Office total - 6 barricades, 4 fences, 4 spotlights, 4 bookshelves

etc, with numbers being a variable (higher or lower) agreed upon by the community management. Wooden fences can only block windows.

Ultimate goal - prevent bunker designs from all properties.

2. Make bobbies EVEN quieter - it is possible to catch people off guard with a bobby pin, however, to prove more useful than crowbars, I believe a buff adding considerable sound reduction should be put. Not everyone wanting to be a criminal and break into apartments has 10 people to back them up, or maybe they don't want to. Using a crowbar and even a bobby pin now will be heard by occupants from anywhere in property, and they will call police.

Bobbies should only be heard if you're directly or 1-2 people away from the source.

Why should this be added?:
Benefits for suggestion 1 (removing booklet and preventing bunkers and basewars):

1. No more bunkers with insanely complicated defenses that are "valid" because two people can fit through or one guy can peek with his shoulders.
2. No more shootouts lasting for eons because "omg lol you're cop push in" into 5 people playing peekaboo crouching and standing up to shoot you into big barricades that "don't" force movement, when the metal detector sound queue plays.
Same goes for doing so as a civilian (which is even worse).
3. No more forcing bombs to be used in order to have a "fair" ground, heavily losing on profits that you would get for beating the people basing as a civilian (that already have upper hand) and then the 12 cops flanking you, effectively putting you on a timer for most properties where if you don't push in, you get sandwiched.
4. Make raiding way more viable, as everyone and their mother can hear bobby/crowbar and will call 12 policemen to flank you, which sometimes not even proper strategy or organization beats IF they're moderately competent.
5. As a police force, you don't have to devote 20 minutes and all resources into one shootout because your fellow TFU colleagues failed the coinflip push against 5 people, while on the other side of the city there's 2 people getting mugged, run over, and someone getting beat up. Have you ever seen a fully bunkered office/glassco base?
6. Flashbangs are now way more viable for police and civilians.
7. Allows balance between defending and raiding, while still allowing defenders to have an upper hand and police to help out, as intended.

Benefits for suggestions 2 (buffing bobby pins):

1. A more competent way of raiding where you don't want to alert police, or can't afford to.
2. Bobby pin is as useful (almost) as crowbar. You will still get wallbanged by people near-ish the doors in properties
3. Now you can actually break in silently.

What negatives could this have?:
- Powergrowing community can no longer enjoy bunkers
- Bobby pin beats crowbar (however you are still prone to being wallbanged as bobbypin freezes you in animation)
- Muh items

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well as a Civ raider myself I have not had 1 friend complain about raiding a base (no matter what property it is) because of the 'bunker' defence that is useable if it follows the rules. All that is complained about is 6 TFU and 6 normal cops (some with remis) flanking us. it's the cops that need a nerf if your serious concern is actually civilians...

Would you say it's a problem you're forced to push in against those defences very quickly before police arrives? (assuming no bomb equipment)
Does that mean the underlying problem is the police response itself, and not the need for you to push asap in order to not get sandwiched?

Reaction score
Would you say it's a problem you're forced to push in against those defences very quickly before police arrives? (assuming no bomb equipment)
Does that mean the underlying problem is the police response itself, and not the need for you to push asap in order to not get sandwiched?
yes the underlying problem is the cops because no civ complains about raiding other than the cop factor

Reaction score
yes the underlying problem is the cops because no civ complains about raiding other than the cop factor

Okay. If you think that's the problem in the chain, knowing police will keep returning after NLR with the rule, how would you deal with it?

Reaction score
No, it's never a problem unless there is like 2 of my org raiding a 6 man base but at that point I'm using a bomb. I have never had a problem with being sandwiched TBH as you said most people are quite easy to raid when you have good rifles. the main problem is that 6 tfu and 6 cops are gonna flank when I am trying to raid a base as 2 people.

Okay. If you think that's the problem in the chain, knowing police will keep returning after NLR with the rule, how would you deal with it?
There is no way to 'deal' with it because any suggestion that has been made over the years has been denied.

Reaction score
Barricade wall Bunkers should be allowed in larger properties with multiple entrances such as Parker and morons where raiders have a significant advantage in terms of being able to utilise distance to kill defenders with because otherwise people wouldn’t use larger bases over apartments as defending apartments is easier than all other properties. As long as no fortifications are above the heads of it’s users there’s no issue with their existence. in terms of apartments, well, a bomb can ruin everyone’s day so it’s a non issue.

The only problem with defense rules at the moment is use of bookshelves to invisipeek people, albeit this becomes less of an issue with wooden furniture offering no bullet protection.

The whole point of the criminal side of PERP is to make your organisations criminal activity surpass others in success and profit, building a good, rules legal defence is an acquired player skill and removing the ability to have advantages due to your own creativity would not be a sufficient way of ensuring that only good aim players can succeed in said activity.

Reaction score
the bobby pin change won't do anything when all the esports players who are stuck to their chair by a layer of sweat have their bobby sound's volume at 10000% anyway

Reaction score
Barricade wall Bunkers should be allowed in larger properties with multiple entrances such as Parker and morons where raiders have a significant advantage in terms of being able to utilise distance to kill defenders with because otherwise people wouldn’t use larger bases over apartments as defending apartments is easier than all other properties. As long as no fortifications are above the heads of it’s users there’s no issue with their existence. in terms of apartments, well, a bomb can ruin everyone’s day so it’s a non issue.

The only problem with defense rules at the moment is use of bookshelves to invisipeek people, albeit this becomes less of an issue with wooden furniture offering no bullet protection.

The whole point of the criminal side of PERP is to make your organisations criminal activity surpass others in success and profit, building a good, rules legal defence is an acquired player skill and removing the ability to have advantages due to your own creativity would not be a sufficient way of ensuring that only good aim players can succeed in said activity.

Two bombs can also counter any Office build on it's own, or some other large properties also require one.
I don't think that having a bomb should be near-mandatory, hence why the buff to civilian raiders who are going up against the defences.

I don't think that building a defence is a skill if you got one buddy to show you once lol

Reaction score
Two bombs can also counter any Office build on it's own, or some other large properties also require one.
I don't think that having a bomb should be near-mandatory, hence why the buff to civilian raiders who are going up against the defences.

I don't think that building a defence is a skill if you got one buddy to show you once lol
Raiding with a bomb isnt mandatory. I havent done a bomb raid since ive been back and killing the civs inside has never been the problem. Just play like a human being and you win. With number advantage cops shouldnt have that problem if civs dont.