Server Suggestion Remove names showing on top of players

Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Remove people's names from the top of their character

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • enhances roleplay
  • metagaming won't be as easy
  • players won't be required to change their name in order to not get recognized, but instead just their clothes

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • none

Reaction score
Adding this in will make cops more aware of what they're doing because they'll need to be sure of who they're shooting/investigating/looking for or else IA will kick their ass and make them lose their virtual PD ranks. This in turn would stop metagaming from cops on civs and (IDK) vice versa.

I don't see why people are 'Disagreeing' or 'Downvoting' the suggestion when this is literally how it's like in 5M serious roleplay and even any 100K or die servers, its a normal thing and it forces you to interact with players if you want to gain any sort of information about them. Changing clothes after committing crimes would be more effective and it would challenge the PD more.

Furthermore, regarding people wearing the same outfits/styles or having the same cars and outfits, that is not the fault of the rules or the suggestion proposed, it is the fault of the users engaging in that sort of shit long term and we all know why people do it.

Additionally, the topic of 'Reports' 'AR's'. I don't see this as an issue, I see this as more of an improvement due to the fact users wanting to report rulebreakers, it will force them to go into demos and find the correct person, it will reduce 'Petty AR's' but it won't reduce 'Targetted Petty AR's' but this is something that can't be stopped anyways. If needed IDs can be implemented instead of names.
Except for having to almost always go into DEMO's to get definite proof of the person you are reporting actually being that person.
@Lucius Husky This isn't a really bad thing to be fair, time-consuming but it makes reports/AR's easier to deal with from a staff perspective. ESP on the demos can help with finding out who it is too.

The only times you should be able to see names is if you are in an organization and you can only see your other organization members' names or allied members' names and the same for any government officials on duty.

Reaction score
If this is added I want a rule against friends/orgs dressing entirely the same and ensuring x amount of differences between player models.

Too many orgs nowadays dress entirely the same as a joke and with this rule I can see a ton of RDM happening :D

Reaction score
If this is added I want a rule against friends/orgs dressing entirely the same and ensuring x amount of differences between player models.

Too many orgs nowadays dress entirely the same as a joke and with this rule I can see a ton of RDM happening :D
Can we not add this rule just to mass rdm the whole org instead. Be alot more fun

Reaction score
I agree! I think removing names would be cool and i think it would have to be a thing 'trailed' to see if players improve or like it. Only thing I can see is a it being a bit annoying for reports and stuff as staff but I believe that shouldn't be too much extra fuss.
If you hold the godstick over the person it should shoe their rp name though?

Reaction score
This would also be good for situations that you would have to kill someone for snitching. It would make the player actually investigate and get involved with the player rather than just killing him and hiding the body. Would love to see this being added and some sort of ID card or something like that being added.

Reaction score
I agree with the idea of the GTA fix, If we just show a perp id until you are (mutual) buddies and then show names it could work fine, Add perpids to the tab menu for staff and it works a charm

edit -
You could even generate a unique id everytime you join so people don't recognize your number. Maybe a bit far fetched but could work I guess

Reaction score
I feel like this is a bad idea just because there isnt exactly massive option in clothing and model variety, meaning it'd be extremely easy to get confused between people, intentional or not

I personally think the flaws, such as making it significantly harder to report rule breakers without demos etc and easily being able confuse and kill/carbomb/molly/whatever the wrong person outweights the benefit of people being able to recognise you by name

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Me and @Samsterminator are completely different player models. Sam is female with santa hat and madda jumper and I'm male with collier jumper. The amount of times we have been confused for each other and someone has shot me thinking it's him or vice versa is ridiculous.

This won't work without more player customisation. I'd like it because I often get warranted because someone saw my name but I just don't think it will work as so many people look the same or very similar.

Mim

Reaction score

In my opinion if an org decide to dress the same after this update it’s on them if they get confused with someone who looks the same as them I mean ultimately they chose to be annoying by dressing up the same.

I see what you mean though and I do think there should be some concrete guidance on this situation but ultimately I think it should be the people liable for looking like someone.

On the other hand half way through writing this response I thought of 1 example where this wouldn’t be ok which would be if someone dressed up as someone, did loads of raids, switched clothes and then the org they raided goes and kills the innocent guy. Rules will defo need to be implemented!!!

Reaction score
I don't think this would be fun without a complete clothing system rework. Not very realistic to see a bunch of twins everywhere with the ability to completely change their face, and would be too confusing really. Imagine someone dressing up as you, doing something illegal and then disconnecting after leaving everyone's sight. Altho there are changes that can be done to make this playable like not allowing players to wear identical clothes with identical faces but then you would need a lot more variety in clothing.