Server Suggestion Remove names showing on top of players

Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Remove people's names from the top of their character

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • enhances roleplay
  • metagaming won't be as easy
  • players won't be required to change their name in order to not get recognized, but instead just their clothes

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • none

Reaction score
Would be a very good thing to see added. I've played on servers beforehand that have this system and it really helps with roleplay and especially investigations as gaining ID from someone would be a lot more important. I don't see any cons with adding this :writing:

Reaction score
There are cons, PD arrests, KOS on someone wearing the same outfit. It's a good suggestion but I don't think it will work. It will make it very hard to keep some people apart who choose to have the same player model and clothes. This will lead to the wrong people getting arrested/gunned down/killed. It's not like people have real IDs on them officers can check to know if it's the right person!

Reaction score
There are cons, PD arrests, KOS on someone wearing the same outfit. It's a good suggestion but I don't think it will work. It will make it very hard to keep some people apart who choose to have the same player model and clothes. This will lead to the wrong people getting arrested/gunned down/killed. It's not like people have real IDs on them officers can check to know if it's the right person!
This won't happen, when someone is asked for an ID they need to do a /desc which shows their name. Not only that, but people are supposed to make sure that that is indeed the right person before taking action.

Reaction score
This won't happen, when someone is asked for an ID they need to do a /desc which shows their name. Not only that, but people are supposed to make sure that that is indeed the right person before taking action.
IRL people don't look alike like collier, dank and hendricks do. They are 100% identical due to playermodels being a thing, it's not like we can make sure everyone on perp looks different. How would you for example be able to make the difference between people if they don't use a mic but are all dressed the same and same playermodel?

Reaction score
To be fair, if someone breaks a rule which there is no logs for, e.g voice chat. then how will you accurately report them?

Reaction score
I do not only agree with that what is said above me, but there are not a lot of rp situations that would really benefit from removing names. It's a semi-serious roleplaying server after all.

Reaction score
Their fault for choosing all the same outfit and model trying to be funny, it was an issue before and it's your own risk for doing so.

Reaction score
I do not only agree with that what is said above me, but there are not a lot of rp situations that would really benefit from removing names. It's a semi-serious roleplaying server after all.
its not semi serious, it's serious and it says it in the title, the rules, mechanics and the way it operates are the way a serious RP server usually operates with some exceptions

Mim

Reaction score
Their fault for choosing all the same outfit and model trying to be funny, it was an issue before and it's your own risk for doing so.
I agree! I think removing names would be cool and i think it would have to be a thing 'trailed' to see if players improve or like it. Only thing I can see is a it being a bit annoying for reports and stuff as staff but I believe that shouldn't be too much extra fuss.

Reaction score
I agree! I think removing names would be cool and i think it would have to be a thing 'trailed' to see if players improve or like it. Only thing I can see is a it being a bit annoying for reports and stuff as staff but I believe that shouldn't be too much extra fuss.
Except for having to almost always go into DEMO's to get definite proof of the person you are reporting actually being that person.

I am not staff, but I believe that reporting people would be way harder since you dont know who the person actually breaking the rule is if there is no logs.

Mim

Reaction score
Except for having to almost always go into DEMO's to get definite proof of the person you are reporting actually being that person.
Yeah that's what i was worried about, ultimately this would cut down on petty AR's tho aswell.

Reaction score
There could be an addition like how GTA V handles it, PERP players already all have a random ID's once they're in the server (do !status playername) and you could make it so that it shows the ID on whoever you aim on if you're within literal hugging distance. Of course when you get killed and you don't see their ID at all this would be a problem (for reports) but we do have logs for almost everything.

This would also solve the identifying similar people problem, not the best but it's something.

Last edited:

Mim

Reaction score
There could be an addition like how GTA V handles it, PERP players already all have a random ID's once they're in the server (do !status playername) and you could make it so that it shows the ID on whoever you aim on if you're within literal hugging distance.
oooo now thats a cool idea!!!!!!

Reaction score
its not semi serious, it's serious and it says it in the title, the rules, mechanics and the way it operates are the way a serious RP server usually operates with some exceptions
It is what you said, with some exceptions. And, of course, this remains my personal opinion, there are too many exceptions where there are moments where no rp is being used at all, or as minimum as possible (if the person at that moment feels like it). That is why I can't perceive it as really serious.

Reaction score
There is already a option to turn off names, would get rid of dirty metagaming.
the problem is that it turns them off only for you and not for everybody else, which is the problem

Reaction score
+support
Make it like you have a player ID above your name for reports lollll cringeeee akwaarddd
anyways, good suggestion, just add like FiveM has an ID system!!!