Remove the Bad Spelling rating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Remove the ability to rate a post, 'Bad Spelling'.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Remove the ability to rate a post bad spelling

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The rating system is really only for giving your opinion on someones post/thread, not for pointing out the obvious. There are various people that are from different countries (and don't write English very well) or have Dyslexia etc. that make good points, yet could get given mainly bad spelling ratings due to their grammar/spelling. There is no need to have the rating, as it can easily be pointed out in the comments, leaving space to people give their opinion on the post/thread (agree, disagree etc.).

Edit: People also always find one small spelling mistake, and rate the post Bad Spelling, which to me is ridiculous.

Optional additions:
- None.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You must be new here :kappa::kappa::kappa:
I had to suffer the same ;-;
fe65783630.png

It's just a rating really, I wouldn't mind getting millions of bad spelling ratings as long as someone tells me what mistake I have done c:

Reaction score
-Support

Why? It tells you to learn grammar. :)

+Support

No need for the bad spelling rating.

Reaction score
+Support

It's frustrating when people mock bad spelling. so I take my time to actually post anything using spell checker and such. It's sad that people might not take your opinion seriously if your grammar is not the best. Even if the person had a great option on something but his spelling was bad, a lot of people would not take it seriously.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is this really necessary though? We could look into all of the ratings and criticize the way they're used. I personally don't feel that there is a need for them to be removed, I'm pretty sure they're noted as neutral ratings anyway. Plus people shouldn't be taking things like this personal, if anything it should be helping them :kappa:. I'm not saying this is denied or whatnot, just throwing in my opinion to it, at the end of the day it's the community's choice if they want it removed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The bad spelling rating isn't a bad thing, it is something that can be used as a constructive thing that can improve people's posts. This is really not necessary -support

Reaction score
I agree, I live In The United States of America. So British spelling and American spelling Is very different. For Instance:

Word: Tires - Tyres
American way: Tires
British way: Tyres

Word: Curb - Curb - Kerb
American way: Curb
British way: Kerb

Word: Color - Color - Colour
American way: Color
British way: Colour

So all In all I'm getting rated "Bad Spelling" for not spelling how British people spell since that's how they write.

Reaction score
Many can feel sensitive about their spelling and bad spelling is just a excuse to be rude or nasty to someone.

And if you think it is okay to pick one word misspelled out of a entire post write a essay and I will throw all your spelling mistakes back at you.

During this type up one mistake was corrected they happen you blasted perfectionists.

Reaction score
There are various people that are from different countries (and don't write English very well) or have Dyslexia etc.
That's on them, it's not our job to give them special treatment, if they spell something wrong, they will get rated "bad spelling", its their prerogative to fix it, not ours to tolerate their lack of knowledge.

-Support

Status
Not open for further replies.