Secret Service Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A new job should be added - Head of Security; this will mean that there are 3 Secret Service agents. The main purpose of this job will be to direct the efforts of the Mayor's security; this includes the other 2 agents, and coordination with law enforcement.

It should be clear that the Mayor is not in-charge of Secret Service, but instead, simply works with the agency. Secret Service agents are not there to obey the mayor, but instead, to ensure his/her security; this should also mean that the mayor requires the Head of Security's (if added) direct permission before leaving buildings, floors, etc - in this case, the Head of Security would be in charge of the mayor, under certain circumstances, as with real life.

With the above suggestion/idea, 3 Secret Service (2 agents and the Head of Security) agent slots should automatically open when a mayor is elected; the mayor should not have any control over this number. It is unrealistic for the mayor not to take their security into consideration.

Secret Service names should not be blue - the name above their heads, the colour of their text, etc, should not be any different to that of civilians. The only people who would need to be able to identify agents as being agents, is the mayor and the Lieutenant; an app on their respective phones which lists names next to photographs of active Secret Service agents would be an effective way to do this. With regards to Police officers and SWAT officers arresting/holding agents, this would be realistic - firstly, agents should be near the mayor, who can confirm their identity; secondly, the Lieutenant can be contacted to verify identities; finally, agents shouldn't be revealing their identities unless necessary, so should cooperate with law enforcement until their can discreetly identify themselves.

Secret Service agents should be able to be hand-cuffed by law enforcement officers.

Benefits

Many...

Increased role-play opportunities.

Improved realism.

Reaction score
+1
Seems like it could immerse the roleplay a fair bit.

EHRi3MG.png

Reaction score
This, is a great idea. I strongly agree with this. Although I don't know about the name tags, often you can tell who the agents are as there running around with there smart suits and ties shooting at people, at least, they do in the movies.

Reaction score
+ support for sure that will give a good rp server btw while we are at it lets also add an swat team leader

Reaction score
Seems like this could create quite a hassle with having police arresting the secret service when mayor locks down Nexus or something and one had to go get food, police would probably try to detain them.

I do think it's not a bad idea, but I also don't think the SS is the most useful thing if the mayor has really low taxes, because no one would be allowed to kill the mayor at that point unless they had some personal vendetta. Which must be real of course, not something they made up, rival org doesn't count.

But I just see this causing some real problems for SS always having to explain that they are who they say they are. Because here's a scenario to consider... someone could be secret service, get to know who all the officers are, then if mayor hiked up taxes and was liable for attack, the SS could claim to go out for food, quit his/her job, tell the officers guarding elevators that he's going back up to keep guarding the mayor without question since he looks the same as before, and shoot mayor before anyone knew what was happening.

As for the head of security, it would be good with serious roleplayers, I just don't want it to be a money farming scheme for some. Would this job be premium only?

Reaction score
StephenPuffs;n3779 said:
Seems like this could create quite a hassle with having police arresting the secret service when mayor locks down Nexus or something and one had to go get food, police would probably try to detain them.

Life isn't easy - this will make people play more realistically.

StephenPuffs;n3779 said:
But I just see this causing some real problems for SS always having to explain that they are who they say they are. Because here's a scenario to consider... someone could be secret service, get to know who all the officers are, then if mayor hiked up taxes and was liable for attack, the SS could claim to go out for food, quit his/her job, tell the officers guarding elevators that he's going back up to keep guarding the mayor without question since he looks the same as before, and shoot mayor before anyone knew what was happening.

Sounds like a fun scenario, and very realistic; it's why, in real life, people must ALWAYS validate their credentials (eg: an ID badge) when entering secure areas, in case they're no longer authorised.

If the security personnel do not check an agent's credentials EVERY time, it will be realistic, because it doesn't always happen in real life, when it should.

StephenPuffs;n3779 said:
Would this job be premium only?

I don't see why not.

Reaction score
+ Support for Security Service chief and mayor not controlling the Security
Reason: Good idea, have not much else to say on the matter.

- Support for green color above Security Service
Reason: No, I don't know if you have ever seen bodyguards / security forces IRL but usually they wear tags or somekind of clothing to make them recognizable, a security agent is not an undercover agent ... (as in they are not James Bond)

Reaction score
MazZ;n3809 said:
- Support for green color above Security Service
Reason: No, I don't know if you have ever seen bodyguards / security forces IRL but usually they wear tags or somekind of clothing to make them recognizable, a security agent is not an undercover agent ... (as in they are not James Bond)

You are indeed correct; it seems that they wear some sort of golden circular thingy:

http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/03...-Service-3.jpg

Still, though; these are not overly noticeable at a distance, and so the names should still be disguised, but Secret Service should have uniforms (black suits), instead of their personal clothes; these uniforms should include the golden circular thingy.

Reaction score
I like the fact that there would be less of the mayor just commanding the secret service what to do and having them follow him at all times. It would be nice if the secret service actually had a say in how they should protect the mayor and have someone commanding them as Luke suggested a ''Head of Security''.
It would let the secret service act more independently and be more responsible when it comes to protecting the mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.