Resignation and goodbye

Reaction score
I can't deny that the videos were mingey but imo the length of your ban is beyond dumb considering your record.

Cya.

The reason for the ban is valid though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, where do we start. You did such a great job within the PLPD, I remember the times before you where captain, and when you made that final leap, everyone was so happy, and congratulatory towards you once you achieved captain, you did an outstanding job within the Academy training sessions, and have taught me useful things over the time I have been an officer within Perp. I understand that your videos where somewhat mingey, but how can a video on Garry's Mod, especially on a seriousRP server where all that happens is raids be fun to watch without being a little bit mingey. You knew when to transition from being a minge, to being serious, as seen with your police RP and commitment, with road barrier aware, and blue lights aware (or whatever it's called).

I personally feel sorry for you due to the ban which has been in place, the staff think that because a player has acted a little bit mingey and they like to "mess around" no matter how clear the record they should recieve a long ass punishment, and yes, I understand it's down to "staff discretion" but sometimes the staff's discretion is utterly stupid. (tbf, I wouldn't be suprised if I get banned for expressing my opinion, as this is a forum, and we can't do that here) Yes, some of the staff members are absolute shit (not gonna list names) but there is a few that many like, such as Madda, Xhantium and a few more.

I suppose all I can say at this point in time is, thank you Tyla for being such a great officer, and teaching us officers many things within training sessions, or within a patrol alongside you. We have lost a very valuable and dedicated member of the PLPD, and the server. Have fun in whatever you wish to do from now onwards in life, I hope you achieve what you like.

Reaction score
Shame to see you leave like this Tyla, you made a very big impact in the Police Department from your contributions as line manager. Good luck to what ever you do in the future (TVP)

Reaction score
You were always a nice guy and you were really mature but after you resigned from mod you seemed to be less serious and a bit more mingey ngl but still you were a nice person and I will miss you.

M

Reaction score
I was originally planning against posting here, but due to the fact that people including Tyla have largely changed the direction of this thread (from a resignation to a speculation-fest), I feel that it's necessary to represent the side of the staff team and police department.

Firstly, I think the most important point to make is that every member is equal. No distinction will be made for any player when their actions blatantly go against the server rules, as in this case.

Tyla has rebuked the handling of the dispute, remarking that he was not given the opportunity to 'justify actions'. However, the dispute was handled entirely as any other would be: the evidence available and contents of the dispute being reviewed by a number of staff members. Everyone - including Tyla, on the same level as anyone else - has the opportunity to submit one dispute challenging their ban; Tyla instead used this opportunity mainly to make misleading and irrelevant remarks and arguments.

Although 5 staff members - impartial to this situation - spent their time reviewing the dispute and giving reasons to support the ban, Tyla demanded the opportunity to 'justify' his actions; this is not a request which cannot be taken seriously at all, because if the actions were considered justifiable on any level the rules would not have been broken and the ban dispute would have been accepted.

To any of you who remotely believe Tyla has not been done justice in this process I suggest that you review the clearly unacceptable player conduct - especially from a senior and long standing member of the PLPD - demonstrated by the evidence available around the forum.

With respect to the ban length: this is something that has solely been decided by Youseff, and can be reconsidered if Tyla choses to submit an apology.

Finally, I urge you to understand that this decision was not made light-heartedly. Although we, as you all, are very much grateful for Tyla's contribution to the community and Police Department in the past, he has recently attracted a number of sustained police complaints which compromise the trust that members hold in the Police Department, and is known for - in the past, including as a staff member - content creation which includes sections incorporating sheer disregard for community rules.

From a PLPD perspective, we have had the utmost patience with Tyla and worked in partnership, offering intervention such as training opportunities and disciplinaries, to try and improve Tyla's behaviour and avoid the need for escalation. Regrettably, Tyla clearly did not respond to this and an era of service has sadly come to an end.

Reaction score
I will never forget the times we patrolled together tela jay. Goodbye and thanks for everything you've done.

Last edited:

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Thanks for your commitments to both the server as an ex staff member and also all the work you have done for the Police Departmemt to make it what it is today. You will be missed and a lot will always regard you as a tresured community member.
Live long and prosper.

Regards,
Daigestive John. :wales:

Reaction score
pretty sad to see you leave however i do not think that you leaving is something that will be permanent, you're someone who will come back cus you miss it and get into hte pd again, have a good one lol

Deleted member 4084

just because I'm getting lots of questions about the reasons why I am leaving. the ban was utter bullshit, even if there were 10 staff members reviewing it. I had no chance to justify my actions after receiving a response to the dispute, i was simply told by @Chris to make a complaint on all 10 staff that dealt with it.

I particularly feel disappointed in the staff team, I have not had a ban for about 4 years and my last warning was in 2015, yet my ban was made 6 months which ultimately would have costed my PLPD career and was issued because of content that I not only enjoy making but also do a s it gets the community new members, the amount of shit I've done for the community, particularly related to PLpD's development makes me sick with the decision that @Youseff made along with the other 9 staff.

hope this clears anything up
I understand Tyla on this point, I was banned by @xhantium for carbombing him when he mugged me. I do believe the staff team has some big issues and needs a massive improvement. This community has lost many players because of the staff team and it needs to change. Because right now, it's going downhill. @Chris in my opinion is one of the most fair and understanding member of the staff team from my experience. You guys really need to think of what you're doing. @LordTyla has not recieved a ban in years, not recieved a warning in years yet the punishment was harsh and as he stated "utter bullshit". It's come to a point where 'staff discretion' results in biased verdicts. An example would be a staff member not liking someone because they are salty (quite common) and they decide to increase their length because of that. Not just because of the rule, but because they have a biased opinion towards that individual and they will come up with some bullshit excuse to increase it. The staff team needs serious fixing up, I've made a staff complaint and it's taken over two months. The only responses I've been given are "will be done next week", "will be done soon", "soon". I do find it unfair how their is only one senior administrator having to deal with so much at once, there needs to be at least two. Or at least the Head Administrator doing some work within staff complaints. I have left the community, however, I come on the forums here and there. And I still want this complaint to be dealt with.
Something else I'd like to include is the communication within the staff team, yes... it's shity discretion which they have and there is a "booklet" being made for bases (which I find pretty bullshit because they have actually gone out of their way to go check the weight of shit and see if it's hold the floor... even on the actual ground...) but this does at least stop some biased opinions. I really think complaints should be prioritised. At this moment in time, there are going to be around 10 complaints sent in (or 1 complaint made on 10 people). I'm going to show something, and I do hope no fucking staff member:
  • bans me
  • removes this post
because I will be pissed off. I am showing something people need to know and you can't hide the truth.
1d7f325ef8.png
6873cfcc78.png

as you see, he didn't even view the post. You can not possibly review anything without looking at the post. My words are completely different to his.

In this community, it is hard for people to voice an issue. Because all they get are people who:
  • Vote dumb
  • Staff who end up removing their post
  • Staff who end up banning them from the forums
  • Staff who may end up community banning them.
And so on. I believe we should be able to voice our problems without the fear of being given a punishment in return.

I personally do believe you need to change, most of the staff team. I am directing this at a few, one individual who needs to stop, fix up, take a break and genuinely stop showing pure hatred towards me.

Deleted member 4084

Well you can carbomb the people that mug you I remember me and Jericho got molotoved because I mugged someone and the whole apartment of 5+ People items got lost also the AR got denied but you know when you do it on staff it's not allowed so you unlucky

Try to comment but idk how to comment on phone

Upon some intelligence, I received when I was banned and the ban dispute was denied, numerous people decided to help me by sending me threads of where an action request was accepted for the person who was in the same situation but Molotov the building instead. Here is an image I'd like to share:
e99991707f.png

Only me, @2SPO0KY4U and @xhantium knows what happened. Yet I was still banned for something which was clearly justified. I don't ask for you to show sympathy, but what I do ask is the staff team to be changed. It's unfair because some staff members really do only go with their friend's word. And as bad as it is, it's true. Sometimes they just say make an action request, which is... quite fucking annoying seeing as it's quite annoying. I understand, if they can't resolve the situation after hearing it and talking to the people then it's understandable. But if they have the audacity to claim your report, teleport to you and say "WhiteWolf, make an action request." that's when it pisses people off. It just adds another shitty number to their report count when they've done nothing.
What I find quite odd, @Adrish you used to complain about the staff team before you were even an enforcer... so how can you rate my post dumb. Seriously? I'm guessing this is just a bullshit rate, as you've not even said anything in the comments. Seriously, man, you need to think about who you were before instead of trying to change because you're staff on a Garry's Mod server... and that's another reason why I left. I had friends who gained a rank, or some better social status and began to patronise me. As if I didn't help them when they needed it.

Reaction score
What I find quite odd, @Adrish you used to complain about the staff team before you were even an enforcer... so how can you rate my post dumb. Seriously? I'm guessing this is just a bullshit rate, as you've not even said anything in the comments. Seriously, man, you need to think about who you were before instead of trying to change because you're staff on a Garry's Mod server... and that's another reason why I left. I had friends who gained a rank, or some better social status and began to patronise me. As if I didn't help them when they needed it.

Basically, I'm a corrupt staff member and am being oppressed by MrLewis to vote everything going against the staff team dumb. jk

Seriously though, I know when I wasn't staff, I would have many things against the staff team. I would use many situation to fight against the staff team or argue. But it doesn't work. If you're ban was, in your eyes, invalid. Tough, make a staff complaint or even ask MrLewis or Bolli to look at it. Coming in here with all your beef doesn't help at all. After joining the staff team, I now see things very differently. I know you may find 'some' imperfections in the staff team. But we never said we were perfect.

If you have a serious problem, instead of dumping it on Tyla's goodbye post (including Tyla) make a discussion on how the staff team can improve, give advice on what you want to see. Liaise with the staff team itself, give us your opinions and how to improve. Saying things like 'the staff team is shit ... perp is losing a lot of players due to it ... it needs to improve." Tell us HOW. I'm no expert in moderating, I only recently became mod and am inactive due to exams. But please, stop dumping a load of your problems on this.

After I became a staff member, I now see many different situations very differently to how I used to. Allow it.

Deleted member 4084

I know you may find 'some' imperfections in the staff team. But we never said we were perfect.
I'm pretty sure the community can agree, there are more than 'some'.
ask MrLewis
Okay... I did that the week after submitting my complaint. Let's take a look at this:
07ba10ccd3.png

The date of me submitting my complaint was 21 March 2017. It is now the 27th May 2017. Two months...
e32f912a4c.png

That was the last reply.
If you have a serious problem, instead of dumping it on Tyla's goodbye post (including Tyla) make a discussion on how the staff team can improve, give advice on what you want to see. Liaise with the staff team itself, give us your opinions and how to improve. Saying things like 'the staff team is shit ... perp is losing a lot of players due to it ... it needs to improve." Tell us HOW. I'm no expert in moderating, I only recently became mod and am inactive due to exams. But please, stop dumping a load of your problems on this.
Let me clear something up, people attempt to... but some are too stuck up their own asses to listen to us. The community wants a change, we don't expect an overnight change, we attempt to make this communication but none of you takes it into account. May I also say... I do find it interesting how the staff are liking your comments yet are not replying to fuck all.
Coming in here with all your beef doesn't help at all.
It seems to... because I'm raising an issue and voicing something which many people are too 'scared' to because they still play on this server, I do not... and simply wish to raise an issue for those that do not want to talk about it since they are risking a ban.

rat

Reaction score
Right, I'm sick and tired of the bickering in this community.

I think everybody needs to take a step back and realise that everybody here is just here to have a good time. At the end of the day, we are playing a game. We are a community of people who enjoy what the server provides. We all have the common interest of the server. It's understandable why so many people feel so strongly about perceived issues within the community. But honestly, what happened?

I care about this community, the staff team cares about this community, the players care about this community. We are a group of people from all around the world who have been brought together in this community. We should be happy with what we have made, and be working in unity to improve this community.

If we all stop demonising each other and realise we all share common interests, we might make progress. Until then stuff like this will only drive a wedge further and divide the community.

Bye Tyla, you've been a good role model for many and I appreciate all your work (and the fun you brought to the job)

Reaction score
Why do PH people always make things so fucking autistic. This is a goodbye post, now fuck outta here the ppl who are being retarded

bye tyla

Reaction score
I think everybody needs to take a step back and realise that everybody here is just here to have a good time
i love having a good time when i get banned for having some fun with my mates. i love having a good time and then get an excessively long ban with a huge inpact on how i have fun. When i play, i constantly have to remind myself if something's allowed or not because if not, i wasted 2 years of fun. just an example, but i hope you get what i mean.

But honestly, what happened?
Too many extra rules that ruined fun, rules being enforced to an extreme extent. For some reason, which i dont really have an answer for, the relationship between staff and players went downhill.

f we all stop demonising each other and realise we all share commonly interested, we might make progress.
i would totally want that, but curently we cannot have a good time. i mean, tyla was having a good time and he now has a 6 month ban, lost all his progress, dignity and time because he had fun. I mean, he was wrong sure, but he lost everything which could have been something with less of an impact, but still something that would've let him known it was time to get serious.
and be working in unity to improve this community.
We'll, we're trying. but it's rather hard if we're not being listened to.