Reverse lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasGeorge

Short explanation (in notes):
White lights onthe back of your car to tell other road users that you're indicating

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I'm fed up of crashing into people when I'm reversing, having reverse lights would be ideal. I am also fed up of saying down the mic "I'M REVERSING, GET OUT OF THE WAY!" because it hurts my throat.

Optional additions:
- It's a white light at the back of your vehicle.
- Bigger vehicles (such as the van) should have reversing sounds like BEEP BEEP BEEP when they're reversing.

MattIs

+Support - Yeah I agree, it would be very nice to have this addition.

amr

Reaction score
I like the idea it would help because:
  • It would make more sense then just shouting through the mic.
  • It will make bad drivers develop into better ones.
  • It will give more reasons so cops can give you a ticket.
  • Would be better if you have to enable it through a key which would allow as i said above more reasons so cops can give you tickets.
  • Would also be better if you have to upgrade your car to have a BEEP BEEP BEEP noise instead of only trucks having it.
Its a good idea i like it so you are getting my:
+Support

Reaction score
+Support

This would be a nice addition to the server. It wouldn't improve role play or make that big a difference, but still it would be a nice thing to see.

Reaction score
The beeping would be rather annoying to be honest and I don't see as really needed so long as there are reverse indicating lights. That said, I could easily change the taillights to display as white when a vehicle is backing up, however the only problem may be is someone thinking the car is facing them, and they are the headlights. Although not really a problem, just something to consider. I will not take the time presently to individually place reverse lights in addition to the current taillights. I don't get paid enough (as if I ever do anyways) to do that as well as try to create other regular updates of more importance/fun for everyone. So sure I'll add this functionality.

Forewarning, some vehicles may be wrong and don't display their reverse lights when backing up, this is because apparently TDM has set some up different than others or something. Because when testing in sandbox of my math skills to see if I had it right to check the dot product of the forward direction of a vehicle to its velocity, it would come back with the expected results. I used a car that is not currently on the server admittedly for this test, so to my surprise when I tried putting it into practice with server code, I instead had to check if the vehicle was travelling to its right instead of forward. So any vehicle that does not indicate properly, please make a collaborative list much in the same way this exists for getting stuck while exiting vehicles. Found here.

TL;DR
I can add this easily, I don't like the beep, some vehicles may be wrong so create or add to an existing list (if there is one regarding this).

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.