Server Suggestion Back-up beeper for certain oversize vehicles

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Back-up beeper for certain oversize vehicles
Suggestion Description: Add a back-up beeper for certain oversize vehicles that have a obstructed view of their rear. These include (but aren't limited to) the following vehicles that should have them IMO:

-Seagate Firetruck
-Ford F350
-Ford F150 Raptor SVT
-Ford Transit
-Ford EMT
-Courier Vehicle
-Brute Armoured Van
-Roadcrew Tow Truck
-Hummer H1 (@Exnem)

It's a small addition to make up their missing details but also would make sense to add as most of these vehicles are bulky and not many pay attention to them reversing, ending up getting run over.

Why should this be added?:
-Makes other people aware of their surroundings that a large fuck off vehicle is reversing, indicating that they don't have good visibility around them.

What negatives could this have?:
-Annoying sounds.

Following sounds I found:

Modern white noise https://www.zapsplat.com/music/iveco-van-reversing-tone-short/
Classic reversing sound https://www.zapsplat.com/music/truck-reverse-tone-while-engine-idles-stationary/

@rogue made a thread back in 2015 but was denied as we got "reversing lights" lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Add the Hummer to the list, that thing is also really big and hard to see behind.

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
As far as i think the car addons are not made by perp but are tdmcars so they would have to redo the whole thing

Reaction score
As far as i think the car addons are not made by perp but are tdmcars so they would have to redo the whole thing
Half-Life 2 vehicles use scripts, in them they include which sound to use for which gear. This also includes the reverse gear, TDM uses the .wav file for reving your engine. The default Jalopy script looks like this.
Code:
"State"
{
        "name"        "SS_REVERSE"
        "sound"        "JNK_reverse"
        "min_time"    "0.5"
 }

For the Volvo 242 Turbo it looks like this if we use a custom sound when reversing.

"State"
{
"Name" "SS_REVERSE"
"Sound" "vehicles\tdmcars\242turbo\rev.wav"
"Min_Time" "0.5"
}

The way we could implement this if we just add the sound I provided on top of the the existing rev sound for each vehicle instead of replacing it with the back-up beeper entirely.

Edit: I might be fucking stupid, who knows if this even works LOL

Last edited: