Police Suggestion Reverse Spikestrip (Functionality Change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Spikestrips can be deployed in reverse using a wire.

A stinger usually has two types of deployment
  • A 'quick throw' where the offending vehicle is very nearby, the spikes are thrown from hard cover. This is current functionality.
  • A pre planned setup where the spikes are placed on the other side of the road and deployed only when needed, they're deployed by pulling a wire.
Currently stinger only uses left click, you can incorporate R and right click to change the mode.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Safer use of spikes

What potential negatives could this have for the department: None for the department specifically, just upsets criminals

Optional additions: RTU specific feature

olJ2OsU.png

DeQ8B6c.png

@Hayden @Mim @Mina

Reaction score
RTU specific feature
No. I like the idea of this suggestion but if you're going to add it, stop restricting small things like this to RTU.

As I said, this is a very good idea and would work wonders for different situations, but it needs to be PD wide I'd added and not restricted.

Reaction score
No. I like the idea of this suggestion but if you're going to add it, stop restricting small things like this to RTU.

As I said, this is a very good idea and would work wonders for different situations, but it needs to be PD wide I'd added and not restricted.
I don't get why it would be restricted to RTU when the whole department would benefit from it, very little to no training is required to understand how it works if its properly described in the item description including the weapon wheel.

The current way spikes work can be frustrating especially with how you have to be crouched to deployed them and how half the time it doesn't want to work. There's also the problem of roadspikes being left on the road after usage which can get bystanders to drive onto said spikes when a Officer leaves them unattended, making them a one time use after a vehicle has been caught in them would be brilliant to solving this problem while we're at the topic of spikes.

Reaction score

If the original proposed changes eventually go ahead (reduced body armour, no shotguns, etc) for RTU, then I believe it's only appropriate that features like these should remain exclusive to the traffic division as a way of making it more attractive to apply. I also think it makes sense that all officers have access to a standard stinger, whereas traffic officers get access to a more advanced one due to the nature of their role.

Reaction score
If the original proposed changes eventually go ahead (reduced body armour, no shotguns, etc) for RTU, then I believe it's only appropriate that features like these should remain exclusive to the traffic division as a way of making it more attractive to apply. I also think it makes sense that all officers have access to a standard stinger, whereas traffic officers get access to a more advanced one due to the nature of their role.
You've got plenty of gear and such that makes all patrol officers apply when they can.

Faster cars
Speed camera
Clamp
Special training etc.

Something as basic as this shouldn't be restricted.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I don't think it should be RTU Specific, the form just asked for optional additions and that is the only one I can think of!

Reaction score
This is cool and if the developers want to spend the time adding this to the game, they definitely should.

But, I can’t imagine this is a tiny job and for some a small niche feature that doesn’t really change anything except make spiking vehicles slightly cooler, maybe it’s not the most important update we should be pushing for.

Reaction score
+ support, however I don't see a reason why it should be restricted to just RTU. It doesn't take much to pull a string and deploy them. The whole PD could benefit from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.